how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nickyboy4

join:2008-07-24
Farmingdale, NY

[HD] MSG+2 HD

Anyone know why we have never gotten this channel? I know it was promissed in "a couple of months" back when we 1st got MSG HD. Now that the Isles are gonna be in the playoffs I want to see them in HD all the time!

webcobbler

join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ
kudos:2

I do not think that they will ever have this channel in HD. IMO

I am not sure if it was even a part of the deal, either. But I would have thought it would be, obviously.

Do not get me wrong. I would love to have this last MSG HD channel, but i do not think it will happen.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to nickyboy4

Now that the NHL season is almost over we really will not need it again till Oct when the next season starts for live games.

nickyboy4

Farmingdale, NY

next week the real hockey season starts, the Islanders are finally in it and get pushed to MSG+2 very often, it sucks to watch sports in SD.

Expand your moderator at work

mets18

join:2008-10-15
New York, NY
reply to nickyboy4

Re: [HD] MSG+2 HD

said by nickyboy4:

next week the real hockey season starts, the Islanders are finally in it and get pushed to MSG+2 very often, it sucks to watch sports in SD.

With the Devils not making the playoffs this will only be an issue if the Knicks, Rangers, and Islanders are all playing on the same night. Perhaps MSG will do us a favor and put the overflow game on MSG2.

bsangs

join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to nickyboy4

said by nickyboy4:

Anyone know why we have never gotten this channel? I know it was promissed in "a couple of months" back when we 1st got MSG HD. Now that the Isles are gonna be in the playoffs I want to see them in HD all the time!

Bite your tongue, they're not in yet man. Haven't you ever heard of karma?

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to nickyboy4

Just me musing here, but Verizon has said they are not keeping channels that have miniscule ratings, and MSG+2 is one of those.

just lou

join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY
reply to nickyboy4

A little off topic, but the Ranger / Panthers game on MSG+ looks terrible tonight. It doesn't even look like an HD feed.

webcobbler

Rumson, NJ

You are right, lou

the Devil's game on MSG2 HD is far better quality than Ranger's on MSG+HD

It might be the feed from Florida itself that is bad. Since the games is in Florida, and since FiOS doesn't compress its feeds that they get.

just lou

Staten Island, NY

It must be the feed. The between periods show looks fine.

nickyboy4

Farmingdale, NY
reply to nickyboy4

Well currently the only NY Hockey team to be in the playoffs was not in HD last night and that sucks, I know Fios had said we would get this channel but we never did, now tomorrows Islander game is the same. Not good, why must the Strangers be on 2 hd channels? Oh yeah the Dolans own the team and the network, forget I said anything!!!

gregg62

join:2008-02-09
Stirling, NJ

1 recommendation

said by nickyboy4:

Well currently the only NY Hockey team to be in the playoffs was not in HD last night and that sucks, I know Fios had said we would get this channel but we never did, now tomorrows Islander game is the same. Not good, why must the Strangers be on 2 hd channels? Oh yeah the Dolans own the team and the network, forget I said anything!!!

I don't see this as a problem.

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA
reply to nickyboy4

said by nickyboy4:

All of the playoff games this year are going to be on national networks (NBC Sports, MSNBC, CNBC).

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

All NHL Playoff games are going to be streamed by NBC Sports via NBC Sports Live Extra.

This means you no longer have to be a customer of Verizon Wireless to get access to NBC NHL games live on your phone or tablet if you are a FiOS TV customer you get access.

»nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/51505090/···_sports/

robjlevin

join:2002-10-30
Millington, NJ
reply to nickyboy4

said by nickyboy4:

I'm no fan of the Dolans but this is on Verizon. They can pick up the overflow games in HD any time they want.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16

Heather Wilner has previously stated in the VZ forum that this 2nd HD overflow channel will be added once more channel space is opened up....

nickyboy4

Farmingdale, NY
reply to robjlevin

Why show th Rangers on MSG and MSG+ and push the Isles to MSG+2? Thats not Verizon, thats MSG.

Thanks Dave for that encouraging news.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to nycdave

said by nycdave:

Heather Wilner has previously stated in the VZ forum that this 2nd HD overflow channel will be added once more channel space is opened up....

Which is not happening anytime soon, evidenced by the lack of the move to MPEG-4 (box shortage?).

robjlevin

Millington, NJ

I've said it before and I'll repeat it. This was the single reason I dropped FiOS tv for DirecTV. I can't see myself ever going back, either.

icemannyr1

reply to just lou

said by just lou:

A little off topic, but the Ranger / Panthers game on MSG+ looks terrible tonight. It doesn't even look like an HD feed.

For me the PQ on any MSG channel is not that good.
There's motion artifacts and macroblocking on the players during any game on MSG, MSG2 or MSG+ HD channels.
Tonight for NYK @ BOS the PQ is much better on ESPN.

robjlevin

Millington, NJ

That's surprising. The MSG networks have about the best HD picture I've ever seen.

icemannyr1

It might just be the nature of 720p vs 1080i.
The YES broadcast of Nets at Bulls on My9 in 720p has less motion artifacts then the TNT broadcast.

webcobbler

Rumson, NJ
reply to nycdave

said by nycdave:

Coming from you, nycdave, I am more hopeful on that HD channel coming to fruition.

Just don't forget about it, when there is space to add it lol

thetick

join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY
reply to icemannyr1

That's great, but MSG owns the rights so NBC Sports is blocking the Islanders/Penguins game.

icemannyr1

The regional sports networks only get to broadcast the first round of the playoffs and have exclusive rights in the home team markets.
Staring with the second round all games are done by NBC Sports with no local RSN coverage.

just lou

Staten Island, NY
reply to nickyboy4

FWIW, The Knick game looked good on ESPN last night, but looked like crap on the MSG channels.

KCrimson
Premium
join:2001-02-25
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1

said by just lou:

FWIW, The Knick game looked good on ESPN last night, but looked like crap on the MSG channels.

I didn't check ESPN's feed, but if they utilized the Marv Albert team, I'd rather watch grainy stills while listening to AM radio than listen to Albert & Co.'s latest attempts to excite, amuse, over-analyze and bandwagon. Its the difference between YES's Nets broadcasts vs the Marv Albert broadcasts that really ignite my contempt.