Skillz
Premium
join:2002-05-03
Ocean Springs, MS
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·CableOne

Does CableOne still offer the 10/1 Standard Internet Package

So I currently still have the 10/1 connection, since I've had it for a few years now and never upgraded. However I am about to move out of this place and the original account owner is staying. So I'm going to have to start my own new account and I want the 10/1 Mb connection as the 5Mb is just too slow and the 50Mb has a cap that I will go over in no time. (On the 10/1Mb plan I average like 200 - 300 GB per month already)

Anyone know if I call them up and ask for the 10/1 Mb Standard Internet package if they'll give it to me?
--
Redlined.org

Mississippi Gulf Coast Car Enthusiasts Forums

anonguy

@windstream.net

Most likely not, for my area, the 10mbps service was dropped like what.. 2 years or more ago? Its considered grandfathered service, and "any change" to the service, will remove you from 10mbps service.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS
Reviews:
·Vonage
·CableOne
reply to Le Roy

I heard business class was still offering 10/1 about 5-6 months ago but you'd be paying $70-ish or so per month. It's worth looking into.

I also have 10/1 and haven't budged because of the really low caps and 500 kbit upload on the 5 meg tier really won't cut it for my usage (livestreaming).
--
CableOne 10m/1m

Le Roy
Skillz
Premium
join:2002-05-03
Ocean Springs, MS
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·CableOne
reply to Le Roy

Well I am going to ask if I can get my service transferred and the person who is on the account can just start a new account. She'll be fine with a 1Mbps connection, all she plays is those dumb online slot machines and facebook games. That's the highlight of her bandwidth usage.
--
www.tdnclan.com