share rss forum feed

MJB

join:2012-01-29
Reviews:
·VMedia
·ACN DSL
reply to JoJoBlue

Re: [Cable] Slow speeds in McNicoll area again

this is what you get when canada's internet infrastructure isn't designed property. either slow dedicated dsl or shared cable with fiber... we need dedicated ftth internet with 250mbits - 1gigabit options.... damn bell/rogers/big telecom.....

ftth is need badly...

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
This is really gonna suck for people if this keeps happening during the next 3 months of ATPIA migration....
--

Jayar

join:2005-01-16
I'm not staying if this is any indication. You and I have been through quite a lot being on mcnicoll !

Webslingerac

join:2004-05-01
canada
said by Jayar:

I'm not staying if this is any indication. You and I have been through quite a lot being on mcnicoll !

I think you mean me. Yeah, I honestly I can't see this situation improving as more and more areas migrate.

Jayar

join:2005-01-16
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
said by Webslingerac:

said by Jayar:

I think you mean me. Yeah, I honestly I can't see this situation improving as more and more areas migrate.

HiVolt too, except it looks like he's on VDSL now.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Jayar
said by Jayar:

YeahI don't blame you. though i no longer have TSI cable as of January... I had a bad feeling about the whole Rogers TPIA/ATPIA thing... this was before the speedmatching decision that said no matching for TPIA...

Besides I needed to trim some costs, so i just stuck with the VDSL...
--

Webslingerac

canada

2 edits
reply to MJB
said by MJB:

this is what you get when canada's internet infrastructure isn't designed property. either slow dedicated dsl or shared cable with fiber... we need dedicated ftth internet with 250mbits - 1gigabit options.... damn bell/rogers/big telecom.....

ftth is need badly...

Well, okay, yeah, sure, but my neighbour on Rogers doesn't appear to be having this problem. So, what does that tell you?

Unless someone can definitively point the finger at Rogers for playing games with Teksavvy customers (and I wouldn't be surprised if Rogers was playing games), Teksavvy has a serious issue with its cable internet service in this area.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by Webslingerac:

Well, okay, yeah, sure, but my neighbour on Rogers doesn't appear to be having this problem. So, what does that tell you?

It likely means Rogers isn't managing this transition too well... That said I hope that TSI has enough ATPIA capacity as these migrations happen.
--

Webslingerac

canada
said by HiVolt:

It likely means Rogers isn't managing this transition too well...

It was horrible here before the transition as well.

quote:
That said I hope that TSI has enough ATPIA capacity as these migrations happen.

They claimed there was enough POI capacity before the transition, and the McNicoll POI was brutal.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
Rogers was likely had something misconfigured, or putting TSI on lower priorities, who knows...

With no audit or insight into their network by a neutral outside 3rd party, they can play dirty tricks and nobody will know...
--

Webslingerac

canada

3 edits
said by HiVolt:

Rogers was likely had something misconfigured, or putting TSI on lower priorities, who knows...

With no audit or insight into their network by a neutral outside 3rd party, they can play dirty tricks and nobody will know...

Wouldn't surprise me. But that still doesn't help me either. I need something reliable in this area, and I sure don't want to return to Rogers. I'm also not thrilled with the prospect of paying dry loop fees.

I like Teksavvy, but the bottom line is that I'm not going to keep paying month after month for these results. And we were all told the situation would improve after migration. And it did, until Ajax migrated. I sure hope whatever the problem is can be fixed easily.

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

TSI knows.

If slowdowns start occurring and TSI sees no congestion on their external transit or Rogers 10Gs then TSI immediately knows something is not right somewhere in Rogers Land, whatever that something might be.

xdrag

join:2005-02-18
North York, ON
reply to Jayar
said by Jayar:

this is terrible, i've been on mcnicoll since cable "beta"