Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Stooges Fan
Premium
join:2002-10-18

[Opera] One for the truly gifted

Click for full size
Here is my situation in a nutshell. I need to change my fonts to a size not listed in the drop down menu. 120 is not large enough and 150 is out of the question. I might be loosing site of the trees due to the forest but I am stumped.

CCat
We're all quite mad here
Premium,MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland
kudos:18

NM That wont work

Stooges Fan
Premium

I bet you tried to type in.

CCat
We're all quite mad here
Premium,MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland
kudos:18

Yep...hold ctrl and move the mouse wheel

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium
join:2001-08-27
Canada
kudos:16

3 edits

1 recommendation

reply to Stooges Fan

Try using the slide at the bottom right to adjust to size you want.

dandelion
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to Stooges Fan

If none of this works I have sometimes adjusted my viewing level by changing a font. Some fonts are just easier/different size etc. then others. I notice you have ariel, might want to pick another well known one and test.

Stooges Fan
Premium
reply to MarkAW

said by MarkAW:

Trying using the slide at the bottom right to adjust to size you want.

I have done that but it always reverts to the default font size.

Stooges Fan
Premium

2 recommendations

reply to dandelion

I have tried different fonts and weights but they are all a no go. Maybe I will throw in the towel and switch to Firefox.

sivran
Seamonkey's back
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to Stooges Fan

Editing it through opera:config seems to work (search "Scale"), with a couple of caveats:

Requires restart AND a new tab to take effect. Will not affect pre-existing tabs, even after a restart, even if you reload them. I set it to 110 via the prefs dialog, and while this tab was at 110, I had to set Scale to 140, close/reopen Opera, then open a new tab to see the change.

Now I'm gonna go put things back the way they were... 'scuse me.
--
Think Outside the Fox.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to Stooges Fan

Click for full size
That's Zoom. That's not where you change the font size. You change that under Advanced/fonts.

First, set a Minimum font size. Then go down the list and set what font you want and the size. I use Verdana for almost all fonts on all browsers because it is by far the easiest font for reading. I set the miniimum font size large enough that I don't have to squint to see the smallest text on a page. I do this on all browsers (except IE which won't let me control font size to the extent all other browsers will. It is one reason I don't use IE often...Microsoft is very retarded about fonts).
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Stooges Fan
Premium

Sir, I tip my hat to you. Thank you very much.