Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan to Rojo31

Premium Member

to Rojo31

Re: [iPhone] Letter to Apple

Nope...FORCED TO...no choice. Choice is bad. Choice is evil. Just say no to choice. OS X or nothing...NOTHING. That is how Baldy did it with WindoW 8.

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to skeechan

Premium Member

to skeechan
said by skeechan:

That is what tablets are for. I just don't see 5" being the super amazing experience over 4". I have the 5" Galaxy S WiFi (Korean version of the Galaxy Player) and the screen is still way too small to enjoy video on.

Yup, but often it's just out and about with friends where nobody's thought ahead to bring their electronics, minus their smartphones. In those cases, friends always want me to pull up something they wanted to share on YouTube with the rest of the gang.

But yes, on any other day of the week where there's a full blown tablet available, throw your videos up on that. I just know the extra screen size on the S3 has been the deciding factor when out with my iPhone associates/friends on who's obligated to be the YouTube lackey. XD
DarkSithPro (banned)
join:2005-02-12
Tempe, AZ

DarkSithPro (banned) to kcttocs

to kcttocs
Apple needs to lay off the same old product refresh strategy and focus on newer product releases. The smartphone technology has matured, which is why the 4s, 5s concept no longer is working. It's like the PC era all over gain, but this time the hardware has caught up much quicker with the smartphone than the PC did. This is why most people with the 4, 4s, and the iPhone 5 won't upgrade until two to three product releases later. Small, incremental updates work when you jump from a 400 mhz single cpu to dual core 800 mhz cpu, but it's not going to work when you get into the dual and quad core era. Android strategy is working, because they pack the most up to date tech and the most outrageous sizes in release after release and do it super fast. You figure most people are dumping phones every two years after contract. Android partners are pumping out new phones every 6 months and there are a lot of different companies making these phones, versus a 1 refresh every year and a new product every 2 years. Apple's strategy is outdated.

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
I agree. I thought I really wanted the Galaxy Note II but when I went to the store it just seemed too large to hold to my head. I had the Galaxy S3 for about 7 months and although not huge, and for a few other reasons, went back to my iPhone 4. I loved the speed of the S3 but still using my iPhone 4 now. Probably would have upgraded to the 5 but I won't be eligible until February 2014 and by then, hopefully, the iPhone 6 will be on the horizon.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to DarkSithPro

Premium Member

to DarkSithPro
said by DarkSithPro:

Small, incremental updates work when you jump from a 400 mhz single cpu to dual core 800 mhz cpu, but it's not going to work when you get into the dual and quad core era. Android strategy is working, because they pack the most up to date tech and the most outrageous sizes in release after release and do it super fast.

Apple doesn't make spec sheet warriors...despite many Android devices being superior on paper (spec), the iPhone5 still holds its own vs other premium smartphones...while it is tough to compare directly (as they are different platforms), the reviews of the iPhone5 vs other Android devices, the iPhone5 still scores very well in terms of performance.

kcttocs
Yes...?
Premium Member
join:2002-03-07
Missouri

kcttocs

Premium Member

Update:
I've been kinda busy playing and learning my new phone (samsung galaxy s4) and haven't had time to update you all. Seems this thread has been busy. Glad I have some co-workers help me out, cuz, Android is definitely a beast, with tons of options and good learning curve. I will say this, I am very pleased with what I have. You know there is an app, that, lets say you loose your phone, and when your phone is close to being dead, well it will send out the location right before it dies letting you know at least generally where it is. Pretty slick. And there is so so much more it makes my head spin. I do not regret my choice, and I totally understand if some don't want or need that kind of control over your phone. But I enjoy tweaking stuff, it's in my DNA. Apple has disappointed me as of late for many reasons I've already posted, and for a lot of people it's great. Heck I bought my mom the Ipad mini. She says it's the best gift she has ever gotten. I almost bought one my self, but have a mac book air, and cannot really see spending the money for a tablet when my MBA does what I need. My big 5 inch display on my new GS4 is amazing! After being used to the Iphone 5, wow, there is no turning back, and to me this size is perfect, fits in my pocket just fine, great to hold, and wow, the auto correction is amazing compared to the iPhone. Anyways, back to playing. Peace out!
modelamac7
join:2002-04-13
Waterford, MI

modelamac7 to kcttocs

to kcttocs
You bought a product that does not fit your needs. It is not a fault of the product. Your needs and the product's features/capability are not a match.