Madness
Like a flea circus at a dog show

join:2000-01-05
Quincy, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

[Need Info] Paint Shop Pro X5

Bought PSP @ a deal from Newegg. But, I can't seem to figure out how to enable the screen capture. The option is grayed out. Their help files aren't much use & I registered @ the Corel forum, but I'm awaiting the confirmation email. Any idea (OS is W7-HP)?
--
Game of Thrones: trying to decide which public toilet is the cleanest!

MIXZ1

join:2001-01-02
Mexico

1 edit

1 recommendation

From online help: »product.corel.com/help/PhotoPro/···res.html

Madness

Quincy, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

Thanks, but that's the help page I had already looked at. It's of no help, because I'm unable to complete the first step of any of the instruction listings. That is, it says to click: file | import | screen capture | setup; can't complete that because "screen capture" is grayed out, therefore, there's no way to make it to "setup."
--

MIXZ1

join:2001-01-02
Mexico
Reviews:
·Prodigy Infinitum
reply to Madness

Click for full size
Are you on the Edit Tab? Attached is a screenshot from my computer.

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
reply to Madness

Not sure what the purpose is, press the printscreen button, or alt printscreen to capture the current window only, then paste it into the program of your choice.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
Scottsdale, AZ
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy
reply to Madness

I don't have PSP5, but I do have 4. Can't be too different. BlitzenZeua is correct. I merely hit alt and print screen on my key pad, go to PSP, click on Edit, then paste as new image, and there you should have it. From there, you can choose to edite whatever you've copied to the program from the print screen process.

dandelion
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Madness

The screen capture is nice in PSP because it can save your capture as movie and can be use as animated gif file along with other options. I had Jasc PSP 9 and had trouble starting it also. I think I had to search online and there was a specific script I had to download and install for it to work. Sorry can't be more help with the program.. hope you get it started though. Once I did, was very nice to have.
--
Spare computer cycles can help find answers
Find A Cure!

Madness

Quincy, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to MIXZ1

OK, that's what I misunderstood, "Edit Workspace" on the help page. I was still in "Manage." My bad!

And I tried the Printscreen & Shift+Printscreen; neither would do anything (obviously due to the problem above). And I had PSP 4, 5 & 7 back in the 90's; never had trouble w/ any of those!
--