Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

Thor 2: The Dark World

Good to see Natalie Portman back for the sequel. Release data is November 8th -- hmmm, I guess they want to get some audience before the big holiday releases.

»www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl···-3zNFg#!
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO
I wonder how this will fit into the Avengers 2 plot.
--
What smells like blue?

Packeteers
Premium
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
reply to SixOfNine
what appears to be a new trailer is out;

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=j41qNcjDoc8

SixOfNine
Premium
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by Packeteers:

first trailer is out;

Kind of looks like the trailer in the OP.
--

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Looks like it could be a very good movie.

To be honest though, Man Of Steel is definitely a "must see as soon as possible" film while the Marvel movies (Iron Man 3, Thor 2) are in the "can wait for the BluRay release" category.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
I'll definitely line up for the new Superman, but I love the Thor movies--I thought the first one was much better than the Avengers movie, which was someone less than the sum of its parts. Thor had well-done CGI scenes of Asgard, great mythological elements, and a villain with whom the audience sympathized and understood, even if they disagreed with his choices. In Avengers, he was reduced to a flimsy two-dimensional bad guy. And aliens from outer space with laserbikes! Avengers just seemed like it could have been so much more, but chose the easy way to the end with a tired and cliched threat.

Anyways... Thor is on my must-see list.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

SixOfNine
Premium
Sterling, VA
Love the Hammer! It's a unique weapon and skill in the comic book universe, and they look like they're putting it to great use in that trailer.
--

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to SixOfNine
Holy crap!!!!! Looks like it's going to be great!

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

1 recommendation

2013 is going to be a great year for movies!

I thought the first Thor was surprisingly good, and this sequel is looking solid as well. And yeah both Anthony Hopkins and Natalie Portman returning is a good sign.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4
reply to Krisnatharok
I really loved the first Thor movie. I didn't expect much, but man, I was pleasantly surprised. I'm excited to see this new one. And as SixOfNice says above, good on Portman.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

mareastrum

join:2006-09-10
Saint Louis, MO
reply to SixOfNine
I joke that we're only going because my husband has a thing for Kat Dennings and he jokes that I have a thing for Chris Hemsworth. Neither one is willing to admit it to each other though.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
said by mareastrum:

I joke that we're only going because my husband has a thing for Kat Dennings and he jokes that I have a thing for Chris Hemsworth. Neither one is willing to admit it to each other though.

So then, does he watch 2 Broke Girls? I do. She constantly shows off a lot of cleavage there?
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

mareastrum

join:2006-09-10
Saint Louis, MO
We do watch 2 Broke Girls. I admit she is cute, and I didn't think the show would last as long as it has, but it's pretty good.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4
Cleavage has given that show extended life. It certainly isn't surviving based on anything else, like plot and humor.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to SixOfNine
I didn't even know this was coming out, looks great! And Man of Steel looks good, but I have really enjoyed the Marvel movies. My better half and I joke that the only movies that are worth paying to go see on the big screen are the superhero movies...and we do manage to hit them all. Damn you, Green Lantern.
--
The world was movin' she was right there with it and she was

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to SixOfNine
I just realized The Doctor is in this, and likely the bad guy...(!)