uniqs

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

TCM dropped from Starter in Chicago area

I saw nothing in the bill, but my mother said that they no longer have TCM. It is no longer authorized for their Starter tier. I live nearby and saw nothing in my bill. Usually, changes are the same for both of us. I have Preferred, so still get TCM anyways.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

Earlier this month in the Philadelphia area, TCM (along with TNT and a few others) was moved to a higher service tier also: »[Price] Digital Econ channelgeddon (Philly)

I subscribe to the Digital Preferred tier too, but I am able to get TCM on my DTAs, so it still must be on the Digital Starter tier here in Monmouth County, NJ. However, I guess it's just a matter of time until that changes here also.

CAST SUCKS
@comcastbusiness.net

CAST SUCKS to andyross

Anon

to andyross
what will happen to speed / fox sports 1??

in elk grove it's in starter other places sports pack.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by CAST SUCKS :

I think SPEED is normally on Comcast's Digital Starter tier, which gives it a large subscriber exposure, and Fox Sports 1 will just be taking its place.

Rather than just creating a totally new national sports network, Fox is just re-purposing and rebranding SPEED to become "Fox Sports 1" in order to make use of SPEED's current wide viewership/accessibility:
»www.foxbusiness.com/indu ··· network/
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

dishrich to telcodad

to telcodad
said by telcodad:

I subscribe to the Digital Preferred tier too, but I am able to get TCM on my DTAs, so it still must be on the Digital Starter tier here in Monmouth County, NJ.

NOT necessarily; if you recall, CC was starting to add channels ABOVE Dig Starter, to the DTA's...maybe TCM is one of those.

I'll have to take a look at my DTA's when I'm home & see what all was added to ours, as I have Dig Pref as well...

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

Click for full size
said by dishrich:

said by telcodad:

I subscribe to the Digital Preferred tier too, but I am able to get TCM on my DTAs, so it still must be on the Digital Starter tier here in Monmouth County, NJ.

NOT necessarily; if you recall, CC was starting to add channels ABOVE Dig Starter, to the DTA's...maybe TCM is one of those.

I think you are talking about this: Digital Adapter Enhancement - »customer.comcast.com/hel ··· ncement/

I don't think that's occurred in my area yet, though, as I haven't been "notified in advance by bill message or by mail."

I don't think that would apply in this case anyway, as it says that the DTAs would be able to view channels "up to and including the Digital Starter tier of service (excluding premium channels, XFINITY On Demand, channels that are a part of Digital Preferred and above)."

However, I went and checked my current channel lineup on the Comcast site and it still indicates that TCM is included in the Digital Starter tier, as shown above.

BTW - I did do some checking of the lineups for various areas for the SPEED channel, and as "CAST SUCKS" said, I did see that SPEED is often found only in the "Sports Entertainment Pack" add-on package in many areas. Otherwise, it usually appeared on the Digital Starter tier in all the other areas.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to telcodad

MVM

to telcodad
Here in the Chicago, most areas have SPEED in the Sports/Entertainment package.

As for DTA's, by me, they recently updated them to include MusicChoice and MultiLatino, along with a few Preferred channels (Science, NatGeo, etc...) Trying to access a MultiLatino channel gives an access error. I assume my mother has the same issue as she said both the main and kitchen TV's couldn't access it (the main is a full box, kitchen is a DTA.)

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by CAST SUCKS :

said by telcodad:

I think SPEED is normally on Comcast's Digital Starter tier, which gives it a large subscriber exposure, and Fox Sports 1 will just be taking its place.

said by telcodad:

BTW - I did do some checking of the lineups for various areas for the SPEED channel, and as "CAST SUCKS" said, I did see that SPEED is often found only in the "Sports Entertainment Pack" add-on package in many areas. Otherwise, it usually appeared on the Digital Starter tier in all the other areas.

said by andyross:

Here in the Chicago, most areas have SPEED in the Sports/Entertainment package.

Yeah, like I said in my later post, I did notice that in many other areas too. I guess I'm lucky that SPEED is included in the Digital Starter tier in this area.