spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sting

@shawcable.net

Reset Admin password on SPA2102?

I want to use my SPA2102 with VOIP.MS, and the customization field says "open", so I think all I need is the admin login password to do some re-config, but I don't know the password.

How can I reset it?

If I plug a phone in and do the ****, then reset, I think it resets, but then I think it just downloads the provisioning file from my current provider and locks everything down again? Would it work if I unplugged the internet connection and then did the reset?

Lance

rblizz

join:2001-12-16
North Richland Hills, TX
Reviews:
·Callcentric

said by Sting :

I want to use my SPA2102 with VOIP.MS, and the customization field says "open", so I think all I need is the admin login password to do some re-config, but I don't know the password.

How can I reset it?

If I plug a phone in and do the ****, then reset, I think it resets, but then I think it just downloads the provisioning file from my current provider and locks everything down again? Would it work if I unplugged the internet connection and then did the reset?

No, usually that won't do you any good. These things are not easy to clear up (at least most aren't). There used to be a guy here who did these password resets for a small fee -- but you're not even giving the carrier name or firmware revision, so no one can really point you to much of anything (which is probably why you haven't gotten any responses). I would just buy an unlocked SPA-2102 on eBay (or, if you just need one line and no router) an unlocked SPA1001 (which can be had for under $20 with shipping).

Here's a link to someone who sells unlocked SPA2102s -- they also sell unlocked SPA1001s.

»www.ebay.com/itm/Unlocked-Cisco-···31979835

I've bought a few SPA1001s from this seller, they're used but genuine and are updated to newest firmware available.

OBi100s are often on sale for about $30, so if you want something new, you might look into those.

If you don't want to give up on your locked SPA2102, post the carrier (Vonage, ClearWire, etc.) and firmware version here. Someone might know something about your specific device if they have that information.

toro

join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico
reply to Sting

said by Sting :

How can I reset it?

Lance

On a non-customized, factory reset SPA2102, there's no password for the admin user.
When you dial the factory reset sequence ****73738# what do you hear ? Does it say "Enter 1 to confirm" or "Enter password" ?
If it says Enter 1, simply push 1 and wait a couple seconds (you should hear a buzzing sound). After that, you should be able to access the web interface if you are connected to the LAN port. If only your WAN port is connected and you want to access the web interface through that first, dial ****7932#1#1 (it should say "Option successful"), hang up and wait 1-2 seconds, then you should be able to access its configuration.
If it asks for a password after the reset sequence, then it won't reset until you enter the password set by your VoIP provider.
--
Providers (through asterisk): voip.ms, freephoneline, smartcall.ro, ipcomms, callcentric. Hardware: Vonage VDV21, Moto VT2x42, Linksys SPA series, Grandstream HT series, Panasonic KX-TGP5x0
»www.voipfan.net

Sting

@shawcable.net
reply to rblizz

OK, my SPA2102 is from the Canadian provider CIA Cybersurf... the firmware version is 1.2.5a and software version is 5.2.5 and customization says "open"

Does anyone know the admin password so I can reconfigure it for another provider?

toro

join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico

The CIA/3Web passwords used to be "user" for the user account and "cyberadminsurf" for the admin account.
I think Distributel may have changed that recently.
If the above passwords don't work, register an account here and PM the MAC address of your ATA.

Sting

join:2013-04-28
reply to Sting

OK, here's what I ended up doing:

I was using CIA (Distributel) as a provider.

To find out what the admin password was using a very helpful tip from Toro, I viewed my provisioning file by using this URL in a browser:
> voip.cia.com/provision.php?MAC=001122334455
> (replace the mac address with the proper one)
> Do this from Internet Explorer as it doesn't display properly in
> Chrome or Firefox.

Look for the fields , that should contain your admin password.

Once I logged in, I went to the provisioning tab and set provisioning to NO to turn it off.

I then followed my new VOIP providers instructions to change a few other fields to reconfig to them and that was it!