join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to Webslinger

to Webslinger

Re: [Cable]Slow speeds again/McNicoll area from 9:30p.m.-11p.m

said by Webslinger:

said by morisato:

i was not in at that time

You're also not in the area specified by the subject of this thread.
And you're testing at 2:06 a.m. EST, when the issue doesn't occur.

Well he is on ATPIA as well though, so for all intents and purposes everyone on ATPIA is on the same POI and the only two issues that can cause congestion are TSI's links between its network and Rogers handoff or local node congestion (the latter less likely and easily ruled out).
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

I will trest it tongiht at the time of the supposed congestion
Webslinger
Premium Member
join:2004-05-01

1 edit

Webslinger to TypeS

Premium Member

to TypeS
said by TypeS :
Well he is on ATPIA as well though, so for all intents and purposes everyone on ATPIA is on the same POI
Yes, but simply because you're on ATIPA doesn't mean your experience is going to be exactly the same as everyone else on ATIPA 60+ KM away (and I've already seen plenty of examples of this already).
quote:
and the only two issues that can cause congestion are TSI's links between its network and Rogers handoff or
Well, then, let's choose door A because most of us that are experiencing issues in this thread aren't, based on past traces I've seen, on the same node, and my neighbour on Rogers doesn't appear to be having the same problem.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

said by Webslinger:

said by TypeS :
Well he is on ATPIA as well though, so for all intents and purposes everyone on ATPIA is on the same POI
Yes, but simply because you're on ATIPA doesn't mean your experience is going to be exactly the same as everyone else on ATIPA 60+ KM away (and I've already seen plenty of examples of this already).

Well yes of course. But my point is that with the way ATPIA works, you can't rule someone out that is on ATPIA just because of geography. If you do, you're saying its local node congestion and therefore something only Rogers can fix, not TSI. If its an issue caused by TSI, everyone on ATPIA (and potentially every customer of TSI depending on where the congestion happens on their network) will feel the effects.
Webslinger
Premium Member
join:2004-05-01

Webslinger

Premium Member

said by TypeS:

Well yes of course. But my point is that with the way ATPIA works, you can't rule someone out that is on ATPIA just because of geography.

I appreciate what you're saying.
There's just more variables in play otherwise. But I'm not completely ruling it out. That individual's testing in another thread also indicated congestion in some tests. And I strongly suspect people in Markham are also going to have similar experiences if they aren't already.