Premium Member
join:2002-03-07
Missouri

kcttocs to skeechan

Premium Member

to skeechan

Re: [iPhone] Letter to Apple

said by skeechan:

As far as music, there is no DRM in iTunes music so you can move the music to Google's music manager very easily (it will import directly from iTunes, including playlists). The only thing I have that Google MM won't upload or automatically reencode is ALAC. But my Google Music Manager as all of my regular AAC files in the cloud.

That is good to know skeechan. I've only bought music from amazon and would import it over to Itunes, When did they start allowing that? I thought from day one, you were stuck in their ecosystem if you bought music.

But one of the main points I missed on my original post was the additional memory, that Mars pointed out. I mean come on, 200 extra bucks for the 64 gig Iphone? Today, you pretty much need at least 32 gig because of the higher megapixel cameras and video. It's going to be nice being able to shoot video on my new SG4 and not run out of memory right away, and be able to have my full audio library on my phone. Don't get me wrong, Apple is a very nice product, with nice support, and a local store in my area. But I have out grown them, and have never needed their support. I am really looking forward to seeing what the new Iphone 5S or 6 is going to have, but I've lost faith in their innovation, as has the stock market too apparently.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

DRM free started with iTunes Plus (c.2007ish) and all music was DRM free as of mid 2009. For music purchased prior to iTunes Plus, you can upgrade those tracks from DRM "Fairplay" to DRM Free iTunes Plus for like $0.30 a track or something like that. But if you have been buying only over the last bunch of years, it will all be DRM free.