spc
Search similar:

uniqs

jordan50
@snet.net

jordan50

Anon

[Network] Windstream Bolivar, Mo

I have been a customer with residential windstream service in Bolivar, Mo for over a year. They say that i am supposed to get 3Mb/s at my current residence but i hardly ever see that. It is more like 1.5Mb/s. I have chatted with MediaCom to see if there is anyway that they can break the monopoly "citywide contract" that windstream has in bolivar. They have pushed it to their local marketing team to look further into the matter. I wouldn't be so mad except that i live literally 2-3 blocks away from 12 Mb/s users where i used to previously live. And that fact is really frustrating. Bolivar is a thriving city and it needs to have speeds faster than 1.5Mb/s throughout the whole town. It's ridiculous and things need to change. If you are from the area and see this or if Windstream manages to see this, i am a disgruntled customer and things need to change.
m12345s
join:2010-10-13
Bolivar, MO

m12345s

Hey I live in Bolivar to! Well, I live about 7 miles northeast of town, but its a Bolivar address. Do you mind telling what part of town you live in? Here is the strange thing I have Windstream and get a consistent 12 or 13 Mb/s all the time, I got it in mid February after years of not being able to get Broadband, I was in their stimulus project for rural areas and they laid fiber and installed new equipment about a mile from me. There are not many houses around here so the equipment isn't being overutilized, you are probably either on equipment that is oversold or far away from the equipment. During the stimulus project I would ask for updates from the local manager in Bolivar and he was very good about giving me updates, you could call the local retail office and ask for Terry the manager, they should be able to let you talk to him.

Jordan50
@windstream.net

Jordan50

Anon

Hey, I live in between the high school and the hospital. I know they have fiber on D highway for the school and fiber for the hospital but for some reason those 3 streets between the two get 3Mb/s or really 1.5 Mb/s