spc
uniqs
vcc_tek
join:2012-06-21
Scarborough, ON

vcc_tek to Webslinger

to Webslinger

Re: [Cable]Slow speeds again/McNicoll area from 9:30p.m.-11p.m

Speed had been degraded even if it is not in the 9:30 to 11pm time frame. It used to be at least 40mbps before foe a 35/3 service. I will check again at later time. The slow speed I had before is not my hardware or setup as I was having great speed a week after my service upgrade. I will switch service if this continues.

Webslinger
Premium Member
join:2004-05-01

4 edits

Webslinger

Premium Member

said by vcc_tek:

Speed had been degraded even if it is not in the 9:30 to 11pm time frame.

Yeah, I just use 9:30p.m. to 11p.m. because support staff and Rogers are less likely to argue (that time frame represents when congestion is at its worst, each and every night here before migration and after Ajax was added; and even people with 18Mpbs plans can feel the pain too during that time frame. I don't have to read people saying, "Well, I don't have problems" while they're testing inside of that period).

And Rogers and Teksavvy aren't going to do much if the worst you see on a 35 Mbps plan is 30 Mbps (and people on 25 Mbps and lower speed profiles are going to run speedtests at the same time you are and claim nothing's wrong otherwise).

But, sure, congestion begins earlier and lasts longer than what I indicated in the subject heading for customers on the former McNicoll POI.

The bottom line is this problem needs to be fixed. I hope it will be quickly.