Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

1 edit

Just_Dan

Premium Member

WOW! Ultra TV iPad app now available!

WOW! Ultra TV users! Ultra TV now has an iPad app! Check it out. »bit.ly/11f8RfQ
gene32
join:2004-05-03
Reynoldsburg, OH

gene32

Dumb question maybe but can you watch live TV on this like how you can with TWC's iPad app? Looking at the description on the iTunes store, "live TV viewing" isn't mentioned. If you can't watch live TV, this app seems kind of pointless IMHO.
pargoff
join:2006-07-05
Canton, MI

pargoff

i downloaded the app and there is no "watch tv" feature. not sure why

Just_Dan
Premium Member
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

A live TV feature is not available yet, but it's something that is being worked on for a future update. The current app is designed to be used to remotely manage the DVR as well as work as a remote control for the media players.
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH

Body Count to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan
When is the Android version coming out? You know.. for the users who actually are smart enough for a real tablet/phone.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

said by Body Count:

When is the Android version coming out? You know.. for the users who actually are smart enough for a real tablet/phone.

Currently the App is available for the iPad® with iOS 5 or greater. The App should be available for the iPhone® and iTouch® in the summer of 2013. Support for Android devices should be available by the end of 2013.

gatownsend
join:2003-04-26
Westlake, OH

gatownsend to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan
I downloaded this to both my and my wife's iPad. I really like it. Wife likes a grid guide better, so this is great for her. I am amazed how fast the remote control feature works.

~Gary
Body Count
Columbus, OH

Body Count to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan
Any chance if this will ever be available as a Win 8 app?

Just_Dan
Premium Member
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

said by Body Count:

Any chance if this will ever be available as a Win 8 app?

There is currently no plans for a Windows 8 app in the near future.
Body Count
Columbus, OH

Body Count

Well there goes my Dell Latitude 10 tablet then

stet
Volitar Prime
join:2002-03-08
Utica, MI

stet to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan
Hopefully when the ability to stream video comes to it (and it comes to the more popular portable OS) it won't be limited to Wi-Fi only like some other video steaming apps.
Bismark
join:2010-02-21
Columbus, OH

Bismark to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan
It is great! Much easier to use than the web-based application and so far no bugs! I can even change the channel on any of my media servers from the iPad! Found that out when I changed the channel my wife was watching in the bedroom! LOL.

Now if WOW would just fix the bugs in UltraTv itself! It's been over 15 months and still bugs persist as well as there has been no new features added to UltraTv. WOW paid a number of customers to give them input on the system and generate a list of additional features, so far nothing tangible has come of that investment.