share rss forum feed

Rajendra

@tulipconnect.com

VPN coneection can't be established

Hi,
I have two sites
Site1: 192.168.150.0
Site2: 192.168.160.0
Both the sites have RV042 router. The site 1 has static IP address whreas site2 has adsl modem. Now the real problem is after configuring both the routers when I try to conect site1 to the site2 the connection can not establish.
Please help me to get out from this problem

jimbopalmer
Tsar of all the Rushers

join:2008-06-02
Greenwood, MS
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

1 edit

Both 192.168.150.0 and 192.168.160.0 are used by RFC 1918 Address Allocation for Private Internets.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network

As such, they are not route-able on the public internet.

You may find that those addresses are the internal addresses of your LAN, not the external addresses of your routers. One way to get your external IP address is www.whatipmyip.com

Be sure that the ADSL modem is not actually a router, be sure it is in bridge mode, so that it is not handing out private IP addresses.

»kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detai···dge-mode
--
I tried to remain child-like, all I achieved was childish.

DocLarge
Premium
join:2004-09-08
kudos:1
reply to Rajendra

If you're not to familiar with vpn's, the first thing you need to ensure is that you have either the ISP assigned WAN ip address for your site or some sort of free dynamic dns agent.

Should you not know your site's ISP assigned WAN address, go to this site: »remote.12dt.com/

You can go to dynamic dns for a free account: »www.dnsdynamic.org/

Being that you have the old Linksys RV042 router, you "should" be running a cable modem connection unless your on an xDSL connection.

That being said, who provides your internet service?