spc
uniqs

GADU
@verizon.net

GADU to StuartMW

Anon

to StuartMW

Re: Microsoft posts KB2840149 to replace KB2823324

Installed KB2840149 and it caused major problems with both windows and my Norton Internet Security Software -- problems I did not have after installation of KB2823324. I have now restored my system to a state before the installation of the patch and everything is working again. Microsoft may have jumped the gun in issuing the patch.

MagMan
Life is simpler when you tell the truth.
Premium Member
join:2003-10-01
Westlake, OH

MagMan

Premium Member

said by GADU :

Installed KB2840149 and it caused major problems with both windows and my Norton Internet Security Software -- problems I did not have after installation of KB2823324. I have now restored my system to a state before the installation of the patch and everything is working again. Microsoft may have jumped the gun in issuing the patch.

Check this thread out.
»Norton now says Malwarebytes is in conflict...

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW

Premium Member

said by MagMan:

Check this thread out.

From GADU's description that issue doesn't seem applicable.

Be nice to get some more details...

Oregonian
Premium Member
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Oregonian to GADU

Premium Member

to GADU
said by GADU :

I installed the update on one laptop running the Comcast version of Norton 360 (Norton Security Suite). On startup it did seem to take a long time for everything to settle down and let me open Norton. Once "settled" everything seems to be working OK. My suggestion is to give it plenty of time after the restart before you try to do anything. Other than that, it seems to be working OK.