how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jseymour

join:2009-12-11
Waterford, MI

This is encouraging, but...

$575 for a phone? I dunno... I certainly don't want to put $600 on my credit card, not with the interest rate they charge, and taking out a conventional loan for a phone seems kind of... extreme? Silly? Outrageous, even?

I think this aspect of the digital revolution, this whole smartphone thing, I may just have to let go by... Shame, really. They are kinda cool.

Jim

kaila

join:2000-10-11
Lincolnshire, IL
Don't fret.... If you look around, you'll find some reasonably priced and capable smartphones now considered a year behind the curve. And as Moore's law continues to push the envelope of tech, the performance levels of the current bleeding edge class of smartphones will drop in price faster than ever.

R4M0N
Brazilian Soccer Ownz Joo

join:2000-10-04
Glen Allen, VA
reply to jseymour
I feel the same way... for that price I can get two Nexus 4. I don't care if the HTC One is better because it sure as heck isn't $300 better.

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH
reply to jseymour
Obviously it's stupid to finance a phone, that's just irresponsible, however, yes, it is too much. Most people don't want to drop that kind of money. The people who really want a GE phone will get the Nexus 4. Maybe the next Nexus will have AT&T and T-Mobile LTE bands...

michieru
Premium
join:2009-07-25
Miami, FL
reply to jseymour
You are buying a PDA and not a phone, that is simply a feature of the PDA. However if you don't use most if not all of it's features then of course the price tag looks very steep.