spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Dalionath
join:2013-03-06
Dsl De Saint-Andre, NB

Dalionath

coming back to wow :)

Ok so i was wondering its been about a month in a half since i played wow could someon tell me what i missed in the month and a half? the last time i played the new raid just came out

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

All the LFR's are open, if your realm has killed Lei Shen, Nalak is open. The full new island is open, that's about it.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Dalionath

Premium Member

to Dalionath
DON'T DO IT MAN, BLIZZARD COULD DISAPPEAR, YOU SHOULD BE SCARED.
Dalionath
Dsl De Saint-Andre, NB

Dalionath to JB9

to JB9
oh ok thx JB, guess im gona have alot of gear hunting to do to be back up to date xD.

and kris who's been trolling me since 2 days now, i rather put my money in wow because blizzard is a stable company , but thats my opinion dude so yeah gl in life

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I month an a half you missed the new raid area, pretty easy to catch up now that they all are open.

You would come right before 5.3 so you should be good to go.
Dalionath
Dsl De Saint-Andre, NB

Dalionath

ok cool well cant wait to be back on the wow trail :P

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to Dalionath

Premium Member

to Dalionath
said by Dalionath:

Ok so i was wondering its been about a month in a half since i played wow could someon tell me what i missed in the month and a half?

Pets vs Farm.

new LFR glyph that lets you post a ticket to GM if you dont get loot from every other boss kill.

Transmogging pets.

thats about it...

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

To be clear, it is transmogging MOUNTS based on the pets you have. I was having a friggin blast running through Halfhill market last night on the shoulders of my 'Lil Moonkin.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita

Premium Member

said by Carpie:

To be clear, it is transmogging MOUNTS based on the pets you have. I was having a friggin blast running through Halfhill market last night on the shoulders of my 'Lil Moonkin.

Wait, you can transmog MOUNTS? How does that work?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by captokita:

said by Carpie:

You go to the transmog NPC and put the mount you want to transmog on your main hand and the second one on your offhand.

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
said by captokita:

said by Carpie:

/facepalm

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to Jobbie

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

said by captokita:

said by Carpie:

You go to the transmog NPC and put the mount you want to transmog on your main hand and the second one on your offhand.

I know I don't read patch notes much anymore, but you're just coitusing with us aren't you?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Yeah coitusing would be the correct word for it.

Love you all.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious to Dalionath

Premium Member

to Dalionath
You mean coitus?
Don't be fatuous, Jeffrey.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

LOL! ok ok, I deserve that for being silly. If I go walking into a transmog person with a horse in one hand, and a dragon pet in the other, I think that would put me on some sort of animal abuse list somewhere.....

Still, that WOULD be a cool thing to be able to do.

Kingscup
join:2006-03-01

Kingscup to Dalionath

to Dalionath
Hogger still hasn't been defeated.
Achilles81
join:2010-08-20
East Grand Forks, MN

Achilles81 to Dalionath

to Dalionath
I also have been thinking about coming back to wow. The last time i played was right before the Deathwing raid was released. Since then i have been playing a lot of xbox and have tried other mmo's out to try and get the same fix that i did when i played wow. Now i'm back to this point of deciding if i should get the new expansion and test the waters again and see if i get hooked or just move on and never look back. I started wow a couple months after it released and i was hooked and have never found a game that gave me the same sense of accomplishment. I tried to fill that void with xbox achievements and such but still doesn't feel the same.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

what did you like the most about WoW before you quit?

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to Achilles81

to Achilles81
Mists of Pandaria has made WoW a far more pleasant experience than it was during Cataclysm.

Firstly PVE is scaled down to WotLK era difficulty. This means you won't face constant wipes on heroic dungeons and the new LFR really isn't that hard either. If you like seeing content and getting gear, then Mists of Pandaria brings this back. If you like it tough, you can move on to normal and then heroic raids, or try a challenge dungeon.

Secondly Pandaria feels right. Questing in Cataclysm was fragmented but once you got to a zone it was a mostly linear path through. In Pandaria you move from zone to zone, and the hubs of previous expansions have returned. So if your taking your 7th character to 90, you can skips entires hubs and zones if it takes your fancy.

Thirdly there is more to do than ever before. Dailies, Dungeons, Scenarios, LFR, Pet Battles, Proffesions, and PVP have all been updated and this is before you play through the panda starting zone and try out the monk class.

I'm thoroughly enjoying Mists of Pandaria. Not got bored of it yet, and it's been out a fair old while. Shame really I have loads of PC games to catch up on!
Achilles81
East Grand Forks, MN

Achilles81 to Immer

to Immer
well i liked playing with my friends and meeting new people at the same time. The only problem this time around is everyone that i did play with before is not playing anymore. Also the fact of grinding out new gear i loved for some reason. The thing that got me away from the game is now my wife that when we go do something i can't just block out a whole day or plan out what days I'll be able to raid. That lfr feature is kind of attracting me back because i hear its fairly easy and even though the item level is not the same i would get somewhat of the same experience back. I haven't read into too much but is the pvp about the same or has there been some significant improvements to that as well.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

To the first point (playing with friends and making new ones) I recommend reaching out to some of the guilds represented in this forum. Jobbie See Profile, Carpie See Profile can give you both horde and ally perspectives on that front. My guild is ally only, but we do have some folks who've recently joined and are leveling up. Jobbie is also a new fan of PVP so he can best share his newfound love of pwnage.
Achilles81
East Grand Forks, MN

Achilles81

alright thanks for the info immer i'll look more into this then.
Roadhowse
join:2010-10-13
Greensburg, PA

Roadhowse to Dalionath

to Dalionath
Just hit 85 last night with PnE, has been a lot of fun so far!

Cat5

Cat5 to Achilles81

to Achilles81
said by Achilles81:

well i liked playing with my friends and meeting new people at the same time. The only problem this time around is everyone that i did play with before is not playing anymore. Also the fact of grinding out new gear i loved for some reason. The thing that got me away from the game is now my wife that when we go do something i can't just block out a whole day or plan out what days I'll be able to raid. That lfr feature is kind of attracting me back because i hear its fairly easy and even though the item level is not the same i would get somewhat of the same experience back. I haven't read into too much but is the pvp about the same or has there been some significant improvements to that as well.

I'm in a very similar situation, except I'm also on a dead server. LFR is a godsend for experiencing end game raiding, without actually doing end game raiding. If, like me, your a fairly experienced player who actually reads tactics and knows what not to to then it's a little frustrating as noob after noob stands in the fire. One of the bosses makes a floor despawn and if you don't get off it, you plummet to your death. This happens at the same point every attempt, if you have DBM it announces it, and people will shout in raid chat to move. Every attempt at least 4 people plummet to there doom. It really is like smacking your head against a wall.

PvP is a lot better, it seems far more balanced for casual players (I rarely PVP) which makes the experience a lot better.
Achilles81
East Grand Forks, MN

Achilles81

yeah i used to raid quite a bit so reading up on tactics was a big thing for me. If anybody was going to mess up it wasn't going to be me that was for sure. Yeah the LFR mechanic might be the clincher here so i wouldn't have to worry so much about finding that right guild to go in and fight everything. Some nights when i get a chance and have some free time i could just hop on and queue up and see what happens. I'm Glad to see that pvp got better. I didn't pvp too often, but i was getting to the point where that was my only option. Everything else i wanted to accomplish was sort of done and i didn't want to level a new character since i have quite a few leveled up.

Cat5

Cat5

My major issue with LFR is the queue times. As a pure DPS class it's roughly 25-30 minutes. Currently in Mists of Pandaria each tier has had 4 or 5 different LFR's (raids are split into groups of bosses). Sometime you will zone in on the last boss, and have to re-queue for the first 2. So it can be between 2-4 hours a week you spend in a queue, and there is only so much other stuff you can do before you get bored.

If you play a healer the queues are far more agreeable!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

True. I find that jumping into an LFR queue before starting my daily grinds to make the "waiting" seem bearable. One note on this tactic: if you are doing your quests as dps and LFR as healer... respec and swap gear prior to "leaving instance group", that way you are ready to kill the mobs that pounce on you in the quest area.

Cat5

Cat5

Another tip that I use is that you can now multi-queue. By this I mean LFR, Dungeon and Scenario all at the same time.

Now I've not found much info on it, but although it says "pause" on the other 2 queues once you enter the first your still in the queue. I've literally gone from scenario to dungeon to LFR as soon as the previous one is finished. This makes valor/justice farming a whole load easier, and makes the queues slightly more bearable.

Whether I've just got lucky or not, I don't know, has anyone else tried it?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I kinda wish we could check multiple LFR queues. oh well... it's a minor complaint.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Dalionath

MVM

to Dalionath
I stopped playing about 6 months ago but I watch this forum for what has changed. I really haven't seen much to be honest. I have no interest in PvE. The battlegrounds are fun, but pickup battlegrounds suck. Rated BGs are good if you have a good group, which is very hard to find.

I may return later this year, but for now, I am happy with taking a little more time off before I return.