spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Paul928
join:2000-05-06
Haverhill, MA

Paul928

[Pricing] Need Help!

I haven't called Verizon yet, but figured maybe someone here could answer my question.....My 2 year contract on my phone is up in July 2013, but my existing phone is ready to crap out! My question is if I order another phone from Verizon before my contract is up, do I have to pay full price for the phone, or do they like pro rate the cost? I may be able to nurse my existing phone through all of this until July, but if I'm not going to be penalized by getting another phone now I will save myself the trouble of keeping my fingers crossed that this phone survives till July!

Cwmson
Verizon FiOS
Premium Member
join:2000-10-02
Richmond, VA

Cwmson

Premium Member

You will have to pay full price...however, you may be able to call them and if you have been with them for a few years they MAY work with you...I have done just that before and they worked with me, just changed my beginning / renewal date of my 2 yr contract..call them and see.
C

Paul928
join:2000-05-06
Haverhill, MA

Paul928

said by Cwmson:

You will have to pay full price...however, you may be able to call them and if you have been with them for a few years they MAY work with you...I have done just that before and they worked with me, just changed my beginning / renewal date of my 2 yr contract..call them and see.
C

Paul928

Paul928

Hmmm I just did a search on the web, and from what I understand I am eligible for an upgrade after 20 months, which I've reached by one month! I'm going to call tonight to maybe get a confirmation from Verizon.
Paul928

Paul928

I just called Verizon, and I am indeed eligible for an upgrade .... actually I have been since March 2013 (20 months) I was also told that they are changing the upgrade plan from 20 to 24 months in January 2014.

Cwmson
Verizon FiOS
Premium Member
join:2000-10-02
Richmond, VA

Cwmson

Premium Member

figures
hughesnet123
join:2012-11-08

hughesnet123 to Paul928

to Paul928
20 months? They used to do it every 12 months. But it wouldn't say it on the website. It'd say 2 years. But it'd allow me to upgrade every year as long as I signed a contract for 2 more years. I only upgrade every two years anyway though. I don't get the next iPhone, I get the iPhone after that. I won't get the iPhone 5s. I'll get the iPhone 6.

My mifi device is the 4620L. I haven't upgraded it, because the thing works flawless. No reason to change it.
fishacura
join:2008-01-25
Phoenixville, PA

fishacura to Paul928

to Paul928
The 24 month already started. I just upgraded in May at 20 months and the new device has a 24 month upgrade on it.

marathonmike
Beer. You can only rent it
join:2001-12-12
Princeton, NJ

marathonmike to Paul928

to Paul928
They always said it was a 2 yr contract, but quietly they will allow you to re-up for another 2yrs at 20 months with a new phone full credit.
fishacura
join:2008-01-25
Phoenixville, PA

fishacura

said by marathonmike:

They always said it was a 2 yr contract, but quietly they will allow you to re-up for another 2yrs at 20 months with a new phone full credit.

Not the case any longer. It's 24 now. It wasn't really "quiet" the old way as online you could see the upgrade date at 20 months. It's now all changed to 24.

Cthen
Premium Member
join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI

Cthen to Paul928

Premium Member

to Paul928
Well it is July now so you should be all good.