Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rlstjohn

join:2005-03-09
Odenton, MD

[Northeast] MoCA Bridge ECB2200V Won't Connect

All:

I have two Actiontec ECB2200V (from Verizon) which were working flawlessly for over a year. Today I had carpet installed in the house and had to disconnect both of them and neither will reconnect and work as before. I've been on the phone with Tech Support who thinks it's a power issue even though the power light is on for one device (the other is warm, but no lights). However, neither of these will connect, pull an IP address and connect me to the Internet anymore. Is there some setting or something else I need to do to get these working again? The reset button does nothing, I've reset the ONT as well as the device itself and no luck.

Thank you

Robert

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:29

said by rlstjohn:

I've been on the phone with Tech Support who thinks it's a power issue even though the power light is on for one device (the other is warm, but no lights).

If the second unit is warm but has no power light, it's bad.

As for the first unit, is the coax light on?

I'd also suggest you check you MOCA LAN stats.
»Verizon Online FiOS FAQ »How to check MOCA stats?

My first thought is the carpet installers put a staple through the coax somewhere.

said by rlstjohn:

However, neither of these will connect, pull an IP address and connect me to the Internet anymore.

The ECB2200s don't pull IP addresses. Only devices connected to them pull IP addresses.

said by rlstjohn:

I've reset the ONT as well as the device itself and no luck.

The ONT has no connection to your MOCA LAN. You might try resetting your router, but I doubt that will help.
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

rlstjohn

Odenton, MD

I'm at a loss. I disconnected another one from my basement and swapped it and sure enough, that one stopped working as well in the swapped location and when I return it back to it's original location. Now there are no lights on that device at all. I had pulled the coax out so there it wasn't even around when the carpet installers were here. It's like the device isn't even being noticed on the network; it's not pulling an IP address or showing up in my network on the router.

Thank you

Robert

rlstjohn

Odenton, MD
reply to More Fiber

I forgot to put in there that I checked the MoCA stats and all is good! Very, very strange.

ClericVA

@verizon.net

The installers probably cut something or disconnected a splitter. move a cable box to one of those locations and see if the time comes up on the box. If it doesn't then there is no signal and you need to start checking splitters

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to rlstjohn

said by rlstjohn:

I'm at a loss. I disconnected another one from my basement and swapped it and sure enough, that one stopped working as well in the swapped location and when I return it back to it's original location. Now there are no lights on that device at all. I had pulled the coax out so there it wasn't even around when the carpet installers were here. It's like the device isn't even being noticed on the network; it's not pulling an IP address or showing up in my network on the router.

Thank you

Robert

So what your saying is that the adapter you swapped from the basement didn't work when you put it in the troubled location, and when you put it back in its original location in the basement it too no longer works it's power lights now no longer turn on either?? Something fishy is going on in that location. Might need to have a tech rolled out if a solution can't be discovered.
--
I'm always up for a good chat and helping with VoIP testing so my contact info is below.
Gigaset.net: Michael Wolf
Callcentric: 17772288600
SIP URI: sip:226976325024#9@sip.gigaset.net and sip:17772288600@in.callcentric.com

rlstjohn

Odenton, MD

Correct! That's exactly what happened and now both are apparently "dead" I have a third one as well, but I'm not about to swap it out and it's working fine. I ordered two new MoCA bridges (non Verizon model) last night and they should be arriving this afternoon so I'll swap them into the mix and see what happens. Very strange happenings for sure.

Robert

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ

Could you please post pictures? What are the models you ordered? I'm just afraid that whatever is going on may kill those as well. Maybe it was a random power surge?

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
reply to rlstjohn

Did your devices come in yesterday? Looking forward to your findings.