share rss forum feed

Benenstein

join:2007-04-29
Lincoln, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

Good gaming/movie monitor suggestions

I've been playing games and trying to use my computer off of my 47" tv, and it's getting kinda tiring. I'm looking for a screen that has high resolution (HDMI of course), and little to no bezel. I also don't want to go over $350. I know that, that is a small requirement list, but that's really all i'm looking for. Thanks guys.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

What size are you looking for? What resolution? AFAIK you can't really go above 1920x1080 on HDMI, you have to use DP or DVI-DL.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN
reply to Benenstein

You just need a new tv.

»store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores···pspn=pla

Benenstein

Lincoln, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Krisnatharok

I want at least 24". I'm not certain about resolution; the best if possible. I'm not all that educated about this to be completely honest. Just point me in the right direction and I will try my best! Maybe even up to $400 if it's a really nice monitor.

Benenstein

Lincoln, IL
reply to Dissembled

Nah, I'll pass on that man! $7,000 is a bit excessive

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN
reply to Benenstein

A bit our of budget huh? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Benenstein

said by Benenstein:

I want at least 24". I'm not certain about resolution; the best if possible. I'm not all that educated about this to be completely honest. Just point me in the right direction and I will try my best! Maybe even up to $400 if it's a really nice monitor.

IPS or TN panel?
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Benenstein

Lincoln, IL
reply to Dissembled

Don't get me wrong; that tv is gorgeos! lol

Benenstein

Lincoln, IL
reply to Krisnatharok

An IPS for sure

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4

In that case a 24" 1920x1200 or even a 27" 1920x1440 might be what you're looking for.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Benenstein

You won't get much quality above 24" with your budget.

The only exception would be the Auria 27" 2560x1440 (~$400 from Microcenter). I posted a review from Tom's on it not too long ago.

If I were you, I'd settle on a quality 24" display from Dell. This one is a great option (1920x1200) but doesn't have HDMI:

»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···24260047
--

Blockfire
Sarcasm is my native tongue

join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS
kudos:1

As i've stated before, I own one of the 27" Auria monitors I bought from Microcenter and I absolutely love it. It's performed flawlessly, looks great, no dead pixels, great buy. I believe I caught it on sale for $399.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

I love mine as well, but understand why someone might want a faster display. I'd love to get one of the calibrators, although it looks flawless running at out of the box settings.
--