uniqs
share rss forum feed

chadrob30
Howdy
Premium
join:2002-04-24
Fort Smith, AR

Changing address...

I am getting ready to move soon and I need to find a link or phone number to call so I can put the change of address in. AT&T usually takes their time on anything like this and I would like to get the jump on it. The new house is already U-Verse ready, I just need to have it activated. Thanks in advance.

pc319
Premium
North Royalton, OH

chadrob30
Howdy
Premium
Fort Smith, AR
Thank you! Not sure how I missed that link, lol.

chadrob30
Howdy
Premium
Fort Smith, AR
reply to chadrob30
So I click the link, do the change the address thing, and there is a box that says "I prefer to do my own install". All I have is a residential gateway, no DVR, etc....so I check the box. I finish the COA and get an email saying that the tech will be there between 1-3 pm next Tuesday to do the install. Can they not activate the U-Verse internet on their end and all I have to do is plug the RG in and go? I can't be there for a tech to do anything so if there has to be one there I hope it's just checking stuff in the house box outside.

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
Self Install is not always an option - If your service is provided by pair bonded FTTN or FTTP, there is no self installation option period. Even with IPDSLAM or FTTN, depending on loop length and services ordered, a technician installation may be required

chadrob30
Howdy
Premium
Fort Smith, AR
Well if that's the case the technician won't find anyone home and I will be without internet. Services ordered are internet. No TV, no phone. Just internet.

If you ordered the 18 or 24 speeds those are automatic full tech installs, if your order is a 3, 6, or 12 CSI were available provided NOT an iNID (pair bonded) or FTTP (fiber to the premise).

There was discussion in January that they were going to do away with self install as too many customers were not able to complete their own install (wiring issue) and needed a second truck roll that was billable and some would cancel service cause they did it want to pay but were unable to do the work themselves.

A tech install would included cat5 wiring to RG (many homes have quad phone wire that may support ADSL but not uverse VDSL, in addition uverse needs a single solid connection from NID to RG not multiple jacks locations (bridge tap) as is found in many homes.

If you are required a full tech install then one should be schedule Mon-Sat between 9-11, 11-1 or 1-3. If none these will work then you are right, no internet for you.

chadrob30
Howdy
Premium
Fort Smith, AR
reply to chadrob30
I called AT&T and asked if I indeed needed to be home, and they said yes, because my RG was outdated and I would be getting a new one. I thought perhaps I would be getting one with wireless N capabilities. The installers got here yesterday and told me the RG I have is the most current one they are using in this area. I have had the same one since 2011. They hooked my old one up, activated the line and left.