comp
Premium Member
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA
·Armstrong

comp

Premium Member

Re: Thoughts on a Grill

Wow this took off faster that I thought... I do like the Webers but the initial starting price is too high right now... Maybe next year or the year after. I guess in that case I could swing for the char broil infrared till it craps then upgrade... At least with the char broil i can get replacement parts very easily.

I had an Amana grill from Target i got 5 years ago that last 5 years and crapped out at the end of last summer

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

said by comp:

I guess in that case I could swing for the char broil infrared till it craps then upgrade... At least with the char broil i can get replacement parts very easily.

I bought the CharBroil Commercial 2 burner infrared from Lowes several years ago. (the versions sold by Lowes, Home Depot, and Target are all different) It was a great grill, and is still in use by my brother-in-law. Heats up fast, cooks really well, and replacement parts are dirt cheap. I upgraded to the larger 3 burner version, which sucked so bad I gave it away. So it isn't just about the brand, but also the model.

grillme
@apexcovantage.com

grillme to comp

Anon

to comp
said by comp:

Wow this took off faster that I thought... I do like the Webers but the initial starting price is too high right now... Maybe next year or the year after. I guess in that case I could swing for the char broil infrared till it craps then upgrade... At least with the char broil i can get replacement parts very easily.

I'm also going to say weber or broil king. Between them they're both made in north america with quality parts and if you need help you can talk to someone local. The starting price is high but look at it another way: You spend $700 on one now that should last 20+ years, parts are always available and most of the stuff is covered under the longest warranties of any grill. Or you spend $350 every 2-5 years on no name junk that will fall apart and maybe have parts. Home depot and lowe's are always doing 10% off and interest free financing on grills throughout the summer as well which can ease the pain.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by grillme :

I'm also going to say weber or broil king. Between them they're both made in north america with quality parts and if you need help you can talk to someone local.

Weber® charcoal and Weber® Q® grills are manufactured in Huntley, IL, and our Genesis® and Summit® Series gas grills are made in Palatine, IL, using the highest quality components from around the globe.

That says it all. Just because they might be assembled here doesn't mean that the parts used are made here.
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

1 recommendation

67845017 (banned)

I agree. Until they are all required to post content % like the auto makers do, simply Made in America doesn't necessarily translate into quality. That being said, my Weber Genesis has been amazing and going strong for the last ten years without any repair needed.

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

Add me to weber. I've had mine 15 years before replacing. BUT not because it needed to be, I just wanted a new larger one. Gave my old one to in laws. I replaced all the parts before giving it to them. Which was easily obtained at local Ace, or HD or Menards.