The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

NetFixer

Premium Member

DIR-655 2.10NA firmware fix for guest WiFi problem

There is a special 2.10NA firmware beta release on the D-Link Canadian web site: »www.dlink.com/ca/en/supp ··· =ca_revb that seems to fix the problem with the guest WiFi feature that was borked in the original 2.10NA firmware release.

I have been testing it for several days now, and so far I have been able to have both the normal and guest WiFi SSIDs enabled with no WiFi connection problems.

The Canadian site seems to get the new NA firmware fixes and releases first. I also recently found the version 1.04NA firmware for the hardware version A1 DIR-601 at: »www.dlink.com/ca/en/supp ··· =ca_reva which greatly enhanced IPv6 capabilities, and also toned down some of the unneeded debug messages when using the external syslog feature (the log is now actually usable).

BimmerE38FN
join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN

Historical information here as well:
»forums.dlink.com/index.p ··· =51224.0

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by BimmerE38FN:

Historical information here as well:
»forums.dlink.com/index.p ··· =51224.0

The borked 210NA guest WiFi issue was also discussed in this forum quite recently: »[Help Me] DLINK DIR655 cuts out wireless networks constantly

And FWIW, if D-Link for some reason chooses to remove the fix from the Canadian site again (as was implied in your link), I will make it available from one of my servers for anyone who asks. In fact, as a preemptive move, here is the link: »ftp.pwp.att.net/d/c/dcsn ··· eta3.zip

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to NetFixer

to NetFixer
I presume the beta will eventually be released into the next version and posted officially on both NA sites and there official FTP site as well.

Issue seems resolved.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by BimmerE38FN:

I presume the beta will eventually be released into the next version and posted officially on both NA sites and there official FTP site as well.

Issue seems resolved.

At least it is resolved for my DIR-655 (and hopefully for anyone else who needs the fix).

The two entries on the top of the WiFi scan shown below are my DIR-655.

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to NetFixer

to NetFixer
Awesome.