spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

scottp99

join:2010-12-11

[Outlook] Typing issue

I have this typing issue were when I type, the characters often show up 3 seconds later in Outlook2010 and Lync2010.
I have 4GB of RAM. I reinstalled Win7, but same issue exists and getting really annoying. What other things should I look into? I tried everything including a reinstall of Outlook2010.
Please help, thanks.

old_tech
Premium
join:2013-03-31
Springfield, IL

Something is eating up processes, to cause this. What is Task manager showing, or even Systernals Process Explorer from microsoft.com showing as to what processes are running at the highest percent.

scottp99

1 edit

Im not in front of that PC now, but I will check it later. And what else should I check? Maybe Add-ons in Outlook or something?
Its strange, because I have most of the same setup, but I do not have this issue. So next time Im there, what else should I check or do?

Could be a Windows or Office update or patch the culprit. But I reimaged this notebook yesterday and still doing it.

old_tech
Premium
join:2013-03-31
Springfield, IL

Start outlook is [safe] mode, and see what happens. List what add-ons are installed in Outlook, in the trust center.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
reply to scottp99

If you find no processes running out of control try another keyboard as well... I have an issue similar to this and it was a keyboard failure.

dsilvers

join:2009-05-17
Canyon Lake, TX
reply to scottp99

Try disabling hardware acceleration.

»social.technet.microsoft.com/For···1ea1762/

scottp99

1 edit

@dib22 - its a notebook.

But thanks alot for the help. I will try the following things mentioned. I even switched Win7 to classic view, there was some improvement, but yet again, same issue. Delay in typing both in Lync and Outlook.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

said by scottp99:

@dib22 - its a notebook.

Ouch if it is the keyboard controller flaking out