spc
uniqs
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned) to SuperNet

to SuperNet

Re: Sump Pump question, Help!

I would maybe consider the one with the float switch for $10 more.

Our prior sump pump (Wayne) had the vertical switch that floated along a wire. After about 8 years, the wire corroded away. Very annoying. That being said, I went to the hardware store and bought a piece of wire and cut/bent it to my needs and it worked fine for two more years until we had the hard rain a couple of years ago. The 1/3 HP unit just couldn't handle it so I bought the 1 HP unit we have now.

I don't know how much rain you get up there, but Naperville has a bad habit of flooding. This year and back in 1996 were two "100 year" floods that we had. For that reason I'd suggest at least 1/2 HP. But where you are may not have the same issues and 1/3 may be fine.

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

I have that one, I don't like it. Feels kinda cheap and it's short. There's always some water in my sump pit so I had to put a couple of bricks on the bottom and raise it up or it was running constantly.

I had a RIDGID that I liked a lot. It had a detached float switch that attached to the pipe so I could adjust the height.

Of the ones you posted, If you have the money, I'd go with the Zoeller + backup kit.
said by 67845017:

I don't know how much rain you get up there, but Naperville has a bad habit of flooding.

If he's still in Harwood Heights, depending on where, the Des plains river runs right past there. My brother lived in some apartments in Harwood Heights by the river and it flooded just about every year.
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned)

said by Jon5:

said by 67845017:

I don't know how much rain you get up there, but Naperville has a bad habit of flooding.

If he's still in Harwood Heights, depending on where, the Des plains river runs right past there. My brother lived in some apartments in Harwood Heights by the river and it flooded just about every year.

I believe he's in Schaumburg now.