All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
brad152
join:2006-07-27
Chicago, IL

brad152 to swintec

to swintec

Re: Talked CL into Provisioning 40/5, how many issues?

Not really just a soft, i rarely ever go over 200gb in a month anyway since we rarely stream movies, i just hate waiting an hour for a file to upload if i can get it done in ~10min on a cable modem.

and as far as i know, cox only enforces download caps and does not measure the upload, at least from when i had them recently.

i just activated my Motorola 6580 again, and am testing at 64/20, so not too bad IMO

richrockstar
join:2013-04-22
Wake Forest, NC

richrockstar

I just reactivated my time warner 50/5 here in wake forest... I do not think centurylink will ever be able to beat this. What really sucks is I live literally 1 block away from a centurylink FTTP neighborhood. UGH!
richrockstar

richrockstar

oh yeah, and my 50/5 on TWC is cheaper than 25/2 on CL.

$74 a month for TWC 50/5
brad152
Chicago, IL

brad152

TWC way overcharges for 50/5, i'd call and see if you can get any special or anything.

Cox is suppoed to be 69.99 for 50/10 but by just calling and asking i was able to get it for 45.99/mo for a year.

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark to brad152

MVM

to brad152
said by brad152:

and as far as i know, cox only enforces download caps and does not measure the upload, at least from when i had them recently.

Everything counts except for the Cox phone.

"What is data usage?

Data usage is the amount of data, sometimes referred to as bandwidth, that customers consume when sending, receiving, downloading, or uploading information through their Internet service. This data includes, but is not limited to, images, movies, photos, videos, streaming media, system download updates, application and system updates, and other files. It also includes network and application overhead which are necessary elements to send and receive the traffic to its proper destination."
brad152
Chicago, IL

brad152

humm, when checking my usage meter, it seems to only be tracking my downloaded data.

I uploaded 2gb in linux distros to a remote at work yesterday, and my data usage only reflects the 1gb in source code i downloaded yesterday.

I'll look more into it the next few days to see.
brad152

brad152

So i had not cancelled my CL yet (billing cycle is in two weeks), and low and behold i plugged the modem in and i'm syncing at 40/5 again. Not to mention i'm having the same "uncorrectable" error problem i had with Cox last time (pages only half loading during peak times)

This is a tough decision as i absolutely hate giving Cox any money, so in my mind a slightly slower connection might actually be worth it just to not give them any cash.

I'll leave the modem online for a week to see how it does, then go from there i suppose.

When i run pingtest, i'm also getting an "A" on the line, usually it would be a B or B+, so i wonder if they were just working on something in my neighborhood.

richrockstar
join:2013-04-22
Wake Forest, NC

richrockstar

you are a rollarcoaster of indecision, sir.
brad152
Chicago, IL

brad152

That i am, and it doesn't help that my Cox was doing what it was doing before (after having a tech come out and telling me "nothing was wrong")

i was getting tons of "uncorrectable" errors on the line, and that explains why the TV portition randomly breaks up on Digital Cable as well, there's an issue with a line on the street but they refuse to do anything about it.