Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy to Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

to Jack_in_VA

Re: Thoughts on a Grill

said by Jack_in_VA:

said by Msradell:

said by spock1104:

You might also consider getting a Ducane, they're built and supported by Weber (just produced in China)

Ducane used to be a really good grill when they were independently owned and produced in South Carolina. Now that they are owned by Weber and produced in China, they are no better than any of the other junk brands!

quote:
Weber® charcoal and Weber® Q® grills are manufactured in Huntley, IL, and our Genesis® and Summit® Series gas grills are made in Palatine, IL, using the highest quality components from around the globe.
That says it all.

Source: »www.weber.com/explore/gr ··· s-ep-310

My Weber Spirit 210 is made in China. My budget won't allow me to buy a Genesis (even though I'd like one). The Spirit is still high quality, and I bought it at Home Depot so they threw in the heavy duty grill grates.
tomupnorth
join:2005-01-14
UpperMidwest

tomupnorth

said by IowaCowboy:

My Weber Spirit 210 is made in China.

I didn't know that and am disappointed but then again what ISN'T made in China these days... We have a Weber (Junior, long-LONG discontinued) from around 1990 and it's truly on its last legs (!). So I like Weber as much or more than the next guy but for $400 the Spirit seems sorta gimmicky to me; I guess I just don't like the way it looks.

I was at Lowes the other day looking at the Spirit, and a SS Kitchen Aid for $349, and the Master Forge for $199. Of these 3 appearance-wise the Spirit is dead last IMO. Leaning toward the KitchenAid but for $200 it's hard to resist the MF, which is painted black and probably easier to keep looking nice than the KA.

brhalltx
Premium Member
join:2002-12-09
Cypress, TX

brhalltx

Premium Member

said by tomupnorth:

for $200 it's hard to resist the MF, which is painted black and probably easier to keep looking nice than the KA.

Until the paint burns off...