All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

KPaul
join:2007-02-08

KPaul

TSI poster fail...

Gotta love Canada Post... No sticky on the door, nothing in the email saying which Canada Post location... bah.

You are receiving this email at the request of INTERNET SERVICES to provide you with updates on the progress of this shipment.

[image ZHEADING_SHIPMENT_EN]

Ship To:

Service Type: Xpresspost

Service Standard Delivery Date: April 25, 2013

Delivery Options:
Card for Pickup

[image ZHEADING_SHIPMENT_DETAILS_EN]

Tracking Number:
Order Number:
Reference Number: BETTY

Item is available for pick up at the Post Office.

An item is available for pick up at the Canada Post location listed on the delivery card. A piece of photo identification will be required to pick up this item.

Please note that this item was sent directly to the Post Office at the request of the Sender.

2013/04/25 16:50 ONTARIO Item transferred to Post Office; being prepared for pickup.
14:00 ONTARIO Item being prepared for transfer to Post Office.
13:16 LONDON Item processed at local delivery facility
13:16 LONDON Item out for delivery
13:16 LONDON Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up.
02:34 LONDON Item processed at local delivery facility
00:08 LONDON Item processed at postal facility
2013/04/24 20:52 LONDON Item processed at postal facility
16:27 CHATHAM Item picked up by Canada Post
06:32 CHATHAM Order information received by Canada Post
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

The card will come in a few days, but if you have the tracking number, you can pick it up now.

1-866-607-6301

Call in the next 40 mins to get the location to pick it up.

KPaul

KPaul

I tried calling, it only gives me the run around of automated horse crap. I actually ran through every menu and it didn't get me any closer. I tried finding the number for my local two post sites on the website, and both were the 1800 number... guess I can wait some more

zacron
Premium Member
join:2008-11-26
Frozen Hoth

zacron

Premium Member

**This is why Canada Post is bleeding money... -- Fedex and Canpar are pretty good in comparison**

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to resa1983

Premium Member

to resa1983
said by resa1983:

The card will come in a few days, but if you have the tracking number, you can pick it up now.

1-866-607-6301

Call in the next 40 mins to get the location to pick it up.

Not that simple. I'm in Mississauga and same bs problems. Only recently now that we have a new guy delivering mail do we get our packages. This is an issue i've personally lodged complaints to CP several times.

They do not care, nothing changes until they rotate the delivery person

@op if it says delivery card left, it's because they marked it on the handheld the attempt was made and supposedly left a card. I have about 6 family members who are 35+ year CP fulltime workers and each of them tell me this is a growing problem due to lazy people. It's not all workers but it has been a growing trend.

Some of the stories that come out of their mouths are unreal

KPaul

KPaul

Yea, no card. I'll tell yea, it's odd, and I know this is in no way shape or form a tsi problem, but dammit tsi, I WANNA MA BETTY

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to KPaul

to KPaul
I got the same email today too...

Just wanted my Betty Behave

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

I got the card in the mailbox the day after the email.
emoci
join:2007-05-29
York, ON

emoci to KPaul

to KPaul
To figure out where your poster is:

Go to: www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber

Enter your tracking number: Eg. 7202737143619916 (this is my actual tracking number for the poster)

It'll tell you on the tracking page which retail location is holding the package .
aaron158
join:2004-08-09
London, ON

aaron158

teksavvy shouldn't have used the hold at post office for id option. i can see doing that for modems that cost $100 but it was a poster they should have just let canada post delver them with no id check. i got mine today its a nice posters.
Amou
join:2011-01-29
Guelph, ON

Amou to KPaul

to KPaul
Usually email comes in 2-3 days before the card is even there and it won't be at post office until it is updated that is at the post office ready for pickup which is usually a day before the card comes in. If you have ID you can just pick it up.

I know the service is really messed up in terms of how it happens. I just got my poster a few days ago. They said they delivered to my door but psh yeah right... Was up since 7 that day and no one came lol. Didn't even stamp date of when they tried the delivery.

anonymous2
@velcom.ca

anonymous2 to aaron158

Anon

to aaron158
Kpaul, don't blame Canada Post for this one. Teksavvy specifically selected the "card for pick up" option meaning that it cannot be delivered to your door, even if you are there to sign for it. This means that no delivery was even supposed to be attempted, and thus no reason for a Canada Post employee to immediately leave you a delivery notice. Your normal delivery person likely never even had your package to being with. The delivery notice will likely be placed in your mail box in a day or two. Teksavvy likely arranged this so that they would have 100% proof that you got your package.

In any event, with those automated Canada Post e-mails, they usually include the tracking number within in them. Go to the Canada Post website to see which location your package is at. You do not need to wait until you have the delivery notice card in front of you.
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock to KPaul

Premium Member

to KPaul
I'm in the London area too. The card came the next day for me. (After it got a "Canada Post processing error your package might be delayed the day before that).

I am speculating that TSI got a deal worked out with Canada Post that can have the tracking but not door delivery for a reasonable price. It's the only reason I can imagine they would use xpresspost for such a large number of items.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to anonymous2

Premium Member

to anonymous2
I'm not sure why the card/ID was chosen but I'm assuming it was a cost thing.... It's turning out to be quite the ordeal to deal with.. Just rolling and boxing the posters.. I was in the shipping room earlier today. Hehe quite the system they have worked out to get all of these sent out.. Turns out sending them in square boxes is cheaper than round cylinders... Obviously dropping each box at your home would have been more expensive... Not sure if there's a pickup option without ID.. And if there is, not sure that's the best option either.

Anyway, this has been quite fun to see unfold. Hehe. I had a look at the posters today.. The paper quality really is good. The crew is making sure that there aren't any paper tears and stuff like that. Ppl are putting those boxes together and ppl rolling them up.. And getting the right addresses on them with the right poster. I was pretty proud and impressed with it all today when I saw it all in action.
aaron158
join:2004-08-09
London, ON

aaron158

u guys should check into using fedex ground i found latly for packages its cheaper for me using that then canada post even with a discount for using a venture one card. although u guys might get better discounts with ur shipping voulme. fedex is alot more reliable then c/p tracking wise i find to.

also u guys could have used the expdiated option from canada post its alot cheaper then xpress post and to most locations isn't all that much lower then xpresspost

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to KPaul

Premium Member

to KPaul
I got the same email and I looked at the tracking online however I got the notice card on the same day. I've got my poster sitting in my car right now.

Mimiga King
join:2008-09-15
Quebec, QC

Mimiga King to KPaul

to KPaul
Also, If you know where Canada post usually send packages in your neighborhood, just go there tomorrow and ask if they have a package to your name. You don't actually need the sticky to get the package. (at least that's how it works at my post office)

frankhomeand
Cisco Geek
join:2004-12-05
Oakland, CA

frankhomeand to KPaul

to KPaul
Just wondering. I won't be back at my residence for a month. Can I get them to hold it or get somebody else to pick it up?
bridge
join:2008-08-11
Montreal, QC

bridge

I recieve the same email this week but the odd things is i didn't order anything anywhere.

rogersmogers
@start.ca

rogersmogers to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

I'm not sure why the card/ID was chosen but I'm assuming it was a cost thing.... It's turning out to be quite the ordeal to deal with.. Just rolling and boxing the posters.. I was in the shipping room earlier today. Hehe quite the system they have worked out to get all of these sent out.. Turns out sending them in square boxes is cheaper than round cylinders... Obviously dropping each box at your home would have been more expensive... Not sure if there's a pickup option without ID.. And if there is, not sure that's the best option either.

Anyway, this has been quite fun to see unfold. Hehe. I had a look at the posters today.. The paper quality really is good. The crew is making sure that there aren't any paper tears and stuff like that. Ppl are putting those boxes together and ppl rolling them up.. And getting the right addresses on them with the right poster. I was pretty proud and impressed with it all today when I saw it all in action.

You need to get your overnight peeps who are not doing much to make up a shatload of boxes ahead time and roll a bunch of posters so in the morning the shipping guys just need to label the prepaid boxes and send them away.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

the night crew is too busy working on completing new signups through the night...
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy to KPaul

to KPaul
I love that I got 3 notices of the same thing.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to rogersmogers

Premium Member

to rogersmogers
said by rogersmogers :

said by TSI Marc:

Turns out sending them in square boxes is cheaper than round cylinders...

You need to get your overnight peeps who are not doing much to make up a shatload of boxes ahead time and roll a bunch of posters so in the morning the shipping guys just need to label the prepaid boxes and send them away.

For those who haven't seen what the box looks like theres a pix of it in my post in the [Posters] Thread. Pic isn't stellar bad lighting and lousy blackberry cam, but its enough for the curious minded.

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

the night crew is too busy working on completing new signups through the night...

Orders not processed and placed 43h ago and that delays the activation date by 5 days (week-end included)

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by MFido:

said by TSI Marc:

Orders not processed and placed 43h ago and that delays the activation date by 5 days (week-end included)

no, orders get processed same day or night..

is your order delayed? I can look into it if you want to PM me details.

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido to KPaul

to KPaul
PM sent
bridge
join:2008-08-11
Montreal, QC

bridge to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
tsi mark i sent you an IM cause i just recieve the same email but i never order anything from teksavvy thanks.

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to KPaul

Premium Member

to KPaul
At lest you got a email in the USPS would not even leave or send a email.

rodjames
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19

1 recommendation

rodjames to KPaul

Premium Member

to KPaul
So, my rant on Canada Post:

I ordered my DCM476, they shipped it on the 22nd. Canada Post said they tried to drop it off, and no one answered. Typical, I was home (I'm on a mini-vacation this week). There wasn't any knock on the door.

Magically, by 5pm there was a notice card stuck in my mailbox by some post office ninja, or the Littlest Hobo or something, I can't be sure as to their methods, but I heard and saw nothing.

I went to the Post Office, where it said the item would be available. The store itself was open until 9pm, but the post outlet closes at 5pm according to Canada Post's rules. So, my modem is sitting literally 3 feet from me, and the clerk (who runs the front cash and the post office) informs me that the computer will not allow me to receive the package until 9am (today).

I ended up going at 8:45 and getting my package early, apparently the computer has no problem waking up on time, but come 5pm you aren't getting a tap of work out of it. Great computer system, Canada Post.

Anyways, that's my rant. If any bloggers, or news outlets want to contact me about this post, or to reproduce the content, please email me rjbrake[at]gmail[dot]com
Webslinger
Premium Member
join:2004-05-01

4 edits

Webslinger

Premium Member

said by rodjames:

So, my rant on Canada Post:

I ordered my DCM476, they shipped it on the 22nd. Canada Post said they tried to drop it off, and no one answered.

Teksavvy forces all parcels to be picked up at a local post office.
They request for all parcels to be carded (forced for pickup at the post office). Did Teksavvy not inform you of this? If not, they should have.

Tracking for Canada Post will always indicate the item was attempted to be delivered in these instances of forced post office pickup (pretty stupid; Canada Post should change the faulty automated tracking info when an item is being routed directly to a local post office), when, in fact, the item is just being routed to your local post office. When your regular mailman delivers your regular mail, he or she just drops the delivery notice card in your mailbox. There's no package to deliver to you, so the mailman doesn't ring your doorbell or knock. The delivery notice card should specify when the item can be picked up and where. If you attempt pickup before the time listed on the card or outside of the official local post office hours, you may experience problems.