share rss forum feed

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to rogersmogers

Re: TSI poster fail...

the night crew is too busy working on completing new signups through the night...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

JMJimmy

join:2008-07-23
reply to KPaul

I love that I got 3 notices of the same thing.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to rogersmogers

said by rogersmogers :

said by TSI Marc:

Turns out sending them in square boxes is cheaper than round cylinders...

You need to get your overnight peeps who are not doing much to make up a shatload of boxes ahead time and roll a bunch of posters so in the morning the shipping guys just need to label the prepaid boxes and send them away.

For those who haven't seen what the box looks like theres a pix of it in my post in the [Posters] Thread. Pic isn't stellar bad lighting and lousy blackberry cam, but its enough for the curious minded.
--
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

MFido

join:2012-10-19
kudos:2
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

the night crew is too busy working on completing new signups through the night...

Orders not processed and placed 43h ago and that delays the activation date by 5 days (week-end included)

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

said by MFido:

said by TSI Marc:

Orders not processed and placed 43h ago and that delays the activation date by 5 days (week-end included)

no, orders get processed same day or night..

is your order delayed? I can look into it if you want to PM me details.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

MFido

join:2012-10-19
reply to KPaul

PM sent

darknestgirl

join:2008-08-11
Montreal, QC
reply to TSI Marc

tsi mark i sent you an IM cause i just recieve the same email but i never order anything from teksavvy thanks.

chip89
Premium
join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH
reply to KPaul

At lest you got a email in the USPS would not even leave or send a email.

rodjames
Premium
join:2010-06-19
Gloucester, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·loclhost.ca

1 recommendation

reply to KPaul

So, my rant on Canada Post:

I ordered my DCM476, they shipped it on the 22nd. Canada Post said they tried to drop it off, and no one answered. Typical, I was home (I'm on a mini-vacation this week). There wasn't any knock on the door.

Magically, by 5pm there was a notice card stuck in my mailbox by some post office ninja, or the Littlest Hobo or something, I can't be sure as to their methods, but I heard and saw nothing.

I went to the Post Office, where it said the item would be available. The store itself was open until 9pm, but the post outlet closes at 5pm according to Canada Post's rules. So, my modem is sitting literally 3 feet from me, and the clerk (who runs the front cash and the post office) informs me that the computer will not allow me to receive the package until 9am (today).

I ended up going at 8:45 and getting my package early, apparently the computer has no problem waking up on time, but come 5pm you aren't getting a tap of work out of it. Great computer system, Canada Post.

Anyways, that's my rant. If any bloggers, or news outlets want to contact me about this post, or to reproduce the content, please email me rjbrake[at]gmail[dot]com

Webslingerac

join:2004-05-01
canada

4 edits

said by rodjames:

So, my rant on Canada Post:

I ordered my DCM476, they shipped it on the 22nd. Canada Post said they tried to drop it off, and no one answered.

Teksavvy forces all parcels to be picked up at a local post office.
They request for all parcels to be carded (forced for pickup at the post office). Did Teksavvy not inform you of this? If not, they should have.

Tracking for Canada Post will always indicate the item was attempted to be delivered in these instances of forced post office pickup (pretty stupid; Canada Post should change the faulty automated tracking info when an item is being routed directly to a local post office), when, in fact, the item is just being routed to your local post office. When your regular mailman delivers your regular mail, he or she just drops the delivery notice card in your mailbox. There's no package to deliver to you, so the mailman doesn't ring your doorbell or knock. The delivery notice card should specify when the item can be picked up and where. If you attempt pickup before the time listed on the card or outside of the official local post office hours, you may experience problems.

Webslingerac

canada

1 edit
reply to KPaul

said by KPaul:

I tried calling, it only gives me the run around of automated horse crap.

Step 1: Choose language

Step 2: Press "1" for residential

Step 3: Press "0" to talk to someone

Not too difficult, I think.

Webslingerac

canada

4 edits
reply to franklyong

said by franklyong:

Just wondering. I won't be back at my residence for a month. Can I get them to hold it or get somebody else to pick it up?

I have no idea about your hold question.

But you can get someone to pick the parcel up for you by either filling out the back of the delivery notice card and giving it to the person you want to pick up the poster for you or by writing a letter authorizing someone else to pick up the parcel for you (call Canada Post and provide them with the tracking number. Tell Canada Post you want someone else to pick the poster up for you, and ask for the reference number for the delivery card/pickup notice. Then write a letter authorizing someone else to pickup the parcel for you; include the reference number and person's full name; sign and date the letter; then give the letter to the person you want to pick up the poster for you).

anonymous2

@velcom.ca
reply to rodjames

said by rodjames:

I went to the Post Office, where it said the item would be available. The store itself was open until 9pm, but the post outlet closes at 5pm according to Canada Post's rules. So, my modem is sitting literally 3 feet from me, and the clerk (who runs the front cash and the post office) informs me that the computer will not allow me to receive the package until 9am (today).

I agree with you about Canada Post not knocking or ringing the doorbell but I hope you realize that the rest isn't Canada Post's doing, other than allowing another company operate that post office.

Since that store where the posted office is housed is open until 9pm, that means that this is a dealer/franchised post office location.

For one, there is no such Canada Post rule that you cannot get a package after 5pm. The post office counter can stay open for a long as the host business wants to keep it open. In fact, some corporate locations stay open slightly past 5pm.

Second, there is no such Canada Post computer limitation that would prevent the person from marking a package as delivered. That was B.S. given to you. Really what it comes down to is that the post office was closed for the day.

Webslingerac

canada

3 edits

said by anonymous2 :

I agree with you about Canada Post not knocking or ringing the doorbell

Why would they when the parcel is being directed straight to the local post office at the request of the sender? There's nothing to deliver. Teksavvy forces all parcels to be (carded) picked up at a local post office.

The only thing to blame Canada Post for is the stupid automated tracking information that indicates a delivery attempt was made and that a delivery notice was left. No delivery attempt is ever made since there is nothing to deliver when the sender requests an item to be carded, and the delivery notification card isn't left until the mailman delivers your regular mail (more importantly, the delivery card may take a few days to arrive depending on where you live).

Carded items are always routed directly to a local post office. No delivery attempt is ever made.

quote:
Second, there is no such Canada Post computer limitation that would prevent the person from marking a package as delivered.
There is if that location has shut down its computer systems already since it's closed. They don't want to turn them back on. That's happened to me before. Kind of annoying, yes, but closed is closed.

quote:
Really what it comes down to is that the post office was closed for the day.
Yes.

KPaul

join:2007-02-08
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Webslingerac

Did not work.

And go figure, make a stink, get a thing in the mail just now actually saying it's a pick up. Wasn't sure that's what it was supposed to be actually. My bad.

said by Webslingerac:

said by KPaul:

I tried calling, it only gives me the run around of automated horse crap.

Step 1: Choose language

Step 2: Press "1" for residential

Step 3: Press "0" to talk to someone

Not too difficult, I think.

--
I hate rogers and their CRAP tech. support... But, MAJOR kudos to the TekSavvy team!

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-23
there
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to KPaul

Canada Post is a giant stinking lump of not good.

They left a delivery attempt notice at the door for my modem even though we were at home - no attempt to knock.

This is par for the course with Canada Post.
They do not deserve your (TSI's) business.
--
The talented hawk speaks French.

Poser

join:2002-07-28
reply to KPaul

Canadapost left a note saying they came at 8am a few days ago. I leave the house for work at 8:15am. Someone is lying.

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
there

They came and left the note without knocking.
That is exactly what they did for me.
--

Poser

join:2002-07-28
reply to KPaul

It says on the back of the card that the item is being held by request of sender.

Teksavvy, is this true? That's really stupid if it is.

Webslingerac

canada

Again,

Teksavvy forces all parcels to be picked up at a local post office.
They request for all parcels to be carded (forced for pickup at the post office).

Tracking for Canada Post will always indicate the item was attempted to be delivered in these instances of forced post office pickup (pretty stupid; Canada Post should change the faulty automated tracking info when an item is being routed directly to a local post office), when, in fact, the item is just being routed to your local post office for pickup. When your regular mailman delivers your regular mail, he or she just drops the delivery notice card in your mailbox (you should get the delivery card notice within a few days). There's no package to deliver to you, so the mailman doesn't ring your doorbell or knock. The delivery notice card should specify when the item can be picked up and where. If you attempt pickup before the time listed on the card or outside of the official local post office hours, you may experience problems.

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON
reply to Cho Baka

said by Cho Baka:

They left a delivery attempt notice at the door for my modem even though we were at home - no attempt to knock.

This is par for the course with Canada Post.
They do not deserve your (TSI's) business.

This is what TSI told them to do . Why are you blaming CPC ?

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
there

Can I see a post with a TSI rep stating this?

It makes zero sense. It also contradicts what the staff at the post office stated when I picked up my modem.
--

Webslingerac

canada

2 edits
reply to TSI Marc

said by TA63 :
Can I see a post with a TSI rep stating this?
Sure:

said by TSI Marc:

I'm not sure why the card/ID was chosen but I'm assuming it was a cost thing

TSI does this for the modems they sell too.

So, again, Teksavvy forces all parcels (modems, posters, whatever) to be picked up at a local post office. They request for all parcels to be carded (forced for pickup at the post office).

This is standard Teksavvy practice.

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
there
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to KPaul

If the parcel requires no signature, then there is no advantage in forcing the addressee to Canada Post.

I am equally able to present ID while standing in my doorway.

I can kind-of see going to a post office if a signature is required, and Canada Post doesn't have any portable signature pads.

The staff at the post office made no notes or anything else when dispensing the parcel.
--

Webslingerac

canada
reply to Webslingerac

This is a typical message sent via Canada Post for a parcel mailed by Teksavvy:

You are receiving this email at the request of INTERNET SERVICES to provide you with updates on the progress of this shipment.

Ship To:
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Service Type: Xpresspost

Service Standard Delivery Date: April 29, 2013

Delivery Options:
Card for Pickup

[image ZHEADING_SHIPMENT_DETAILS_EN]

Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Order Number: xxxxxxxxx
Reference Number: FITE

Item is available for pick up at the Post Office.

An item is available for pick up at the Canada Post location listed on the delivery card. A piece of photo identification will be required to pick up this item.

Please note that this item was sent directly to the Post Office at the request of the Sender.

Webslingerac

canada
reply to Cho Baka

said by Cho Baka:

there is no advantage in forcing the addressee to Canada Post

Potential cost savings with negotiated deal for the sender (Marc sort of implies this)

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
there
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Webslingerac

And your point is?

Canada Post can't card me at my door?

Are you suggesting that Teksavvy likes to inconvenience their customers for no reason? - I do not believe this.

Also, why the innumerable edits to all your posts?
--

Webslingerac

canada

1 edit

said by Cho Baka:

And your point is?

Teksavvy saves money on postage (negotiated a deal) that includes forcing post office pickups.

quote:
Canada Post can't card me at my door?
Did I state they can't?

quote:
Are you suggesting that Teksavvy likes to inconvenience their customers for no reason?
See above.

quote:
Also, why the innumerable edits to all your posts?

To help you better understand what I'm writing

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Cho Baka

So what if he edits his posts? What are you trying to imply? I've been on forums where you can't go back and edit, its a pain when you've made glaring typos, grammar mistakes or any other kind of mistake in your post.

Marc implied in an earlier post its cheaper to have the posters picked up at your local post office than hand delivered door to door. I can see Canada Post charging more for this or discounting the rate for not asking for parcel delivery to the door. Considering these are free posters, I don't see the need to get into a big fuss about it.

At least CP has many post offices in any given city/town. I've had Purolator refuse to reschedule a delivery and make my go pick it up. There's only one location in London (they closed one that was more inside the city) way on the the eastern edge of the city that is really inconvenient to get to (and an area that is not pedestrian friendly).

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to Cho Baka

said by Cho Baka:

If the parcel requires no signature, then there is no advantage in forcing the addressee to Canada Post.

I am equally able to present ID while standing in my doorway.

I can kind-of see going to a post office if a signature is required, and Canada Post doesn't have any portable signature pads.

The staff at the post office made no notes or anything else when dispensing the parcel.

Because some of the delivery personnel from Canada Post suck, and would think nothing of saying they checked ID (when they didn't), and would just leave the modem on the porch or by the door, only to have it get stolen.

It happened in the beginning when Bell mailed them out.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP