uniqs
share rss forum feed

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON
reply to Cho Baka

Re: TSI poster fail...

said by Cho Baka:

They left a delivery attempt notice at the door for my modem even though we were at home - no attempt to knock.

This is par for the course with Canada Post.
They do not deserve your (TSI's) business.

This is what TSI told them to do . Why are you blaming CPC ?

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-23
there
kudos:2

Can I see a post with a TSI rep stating this?

It makes zero sense. It also contradicts what the staff at the post office stated when I picked up my modem.
--
The talented hawk speaks French.

Webslingerac

join:2004-05-01
canada

2 edits
reply to TSI Marc

said by TA63 :
Can I see a post with a TSI rep stating this?
Sure:

said by TSI Marc:

I'm not sure why the card/ID was chosen but I'm assuming it was a cost thing

TSI does this for the modems they sell too.

So, again, Teksavvy forces all parcels (modems, posters, whatever) to be picked up at a local post office. They request for all parcels to be carded (forced for pickup at the post office).

This is standard Teksavvy practice.

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
there
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to KPaul

If the parcel requires no signature, then there is no advantage in forcing the addressee to Canada Post.

I am equally able to present ID while standing in my doorway.

I can kind-of see going to a post office if a signature is required, and Canada Post doesn't have any portable signature pads.

The staff at the post office made no notes or anything else when dispensing the parcel.
--

Webslingerac

canada
reply to Webslingerac

This is a typical message sent via Canada Post for a parcel mailed by Teksavvy:

You are receiving this email at the request of INTERNET SERVICES to provide you with updates on the progress of this shipment.

Ship To:
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Service Type: Xpresspost

Service Standard Delivery Date: April 29, 2013

Delivery Options:
Card for Pickup

[image ZHEADING_SHIPMENT_DETAILS_EN]

Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Order Number: xxxxxxxxx
Reference Number: FITE

Item is available for pick up at the Post Office.

An item is available for pick up at the Canada Post location listed on the delivery card. A piece of photo identification will be required to pick up this item.

Please note that this item was sent directly to the Post Office at the request of the Sender.

Webslingerac

canada
reply to Cho Baka

said by Cho Baka:

there is no advantage in forcing the addressee to Canada Post

Potential cost savings with negotiated deal for the sender (Marc sort of implies this)

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
there
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Webslingerac

And your point is?

Canada Post can't card me at my door?

Are you suggesting that Teksavvy likes to inconvenience their customers for no reason? - I do not believe this.

Also, why the innumerable edits to all your posts?
--

Webslingerac

canada

1 edit

said by Cho Baka:

And your point is?

Teksavvy saves money on postage (negotiated a deal) that includes forcing post office pickups.

quote:
Canada Post can't card me at my door?
Did I state they can't?

quote:
Are you suggesting that Teksavvy likes to inconvenience their customers for no reason?
See above.

quote:
Also, why the innumerable edits to all your posts?

To help you better understand what I'm writing

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Cho Baka

So what if he edits his posts? What are you trying to imply? I've been on forums where you can't go back and edit, its a pain when you've made glaring typos, grammar mistakes or any other kind of mistake in your post.

Marc implied in an earlier post its cheaper to have the posters picked up at your local post office than hand delivered door to door. I can see Canada Post charging more for this or discounting the rate for not asking for parcel delivery to the door. Considering these are free posters, I don't see the need to get into a big fuss about it.

At least CP has many post offices in any given city/town. I've had Purolator refuse to reschedule a delivery and make my go pick it up. There's only one location in London (they closed one that was more inside the city) way on the the eastern edge of the city that is really inconvenient to get to (and an area that is not pedestrian friendly).

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to Cho Baka

said by Cho Baka:

If the parcel requires no signature, then there is no advantage in forcing the addressee to Canada Post.

I am equally able to present ID while standing in my doorway.

I can kind-of see going to a post office if a signature is required, and Canada Post doesn't have any portable signature pads.

The staff at the post office made no notes or anything else when dispensing the parcel.

Because some of the delivery personnel from Canada Post suck, and would think nothing of saying they checked ID (when they didn't), and would just leave the modem on the porch or by the door, only to have it get stolen.

It happened in the beginning when Bell mailed them out.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
there
reply to KPaul

Teksavvy doesn't save the money.

I paid for the shipping.

Would you like me to post a screenshot of my invoice?
--

Webslingerac

canada

2 edits
reply to TypeS

said by TypeS:

Considering these are free posters, I don't see the need to get into a big fuss about it.

Exactly. It's a free poster. You can't complain about free.

However, I do have an issue with them forcing post office pickups on modem deliveries when I'm paying for shipping, but this will turn into a very long-winded debate (except to say, simply, that I'm recovering from a medical issue, and if you need my signature, it can be taken at the door without requiring me, in an injured state, to travel to the post office. If I'm not home when the delivery attempt is made, that's understandable if I have to go to the post office, but consider those that are disabled, recovering from injury, or something else. I'm not disabled, but I am recovering from a medical issue. So I had to get someone to go get the parcel for me, and it was an inconvenience for her. Teksavvy, to its credit, did something nice for my inconvenience. But no one, at any point, told me that I would be required to go to the post office. And I would be willing to pay more for shipping to get an item to my door instead of having to travel to a local post office).

If anyone disagrees with me, oh well, you disagree with me.

Webslingerac

canada

3 edits
reply to Cho Baka

said by Cho Baka:

Of course they do. Do you honestly believe real, actual postage costs are paid for by you? Teksavvy pays Canada Post directly (not you).

Did you negotiate a business deal between Teksavvy and Canada Post? No. Teksavvy did. And they saved money on shipping by negotiating a deal with Canada Post that includes Teksavvy forcing post office pickups for all parcels instead of having them delivered to your door.

quote:
I paid for the shipping.
You paid whatever Teksavvy charged you.

quote:

Wouldn't make a difference

And this is a poster thread. You must be talking about a modem.

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
there
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Webslingerac

said by Webslingerac:

And I would be willing to pay more for shipping to get an item to my door instead of having to travel to a local post office).

As would I.

said by Webslingerac:

If anyone disagrees with me, oh well, you disagree with me.

On this point I agree.
--

Webslingerac

canada

4 edits
reply to resa1983

said by resa1983:

Because some of the delivery personnel from Canada Post suck, and would think nothing of saying they checked ID (when they didn't)

The signature option costs $1.50 more, normally. Charge the extra $1.50 to the customer or offer that as possibility to the customer. This, legally, covers Teksavvy. In other words, pay a $1.50 more or go to the post office. Your choice.

The extra $1.50 is probably not that cut and dry though. Canada Post probably figures it's saving quite a bunch by dropping off parcels at post offices instead of hand delivering them door to door. So, maybe it would cost Teksavvy more than an extra $1.50 to get the parcel to your door and obtain a signature.

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
there
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Webslingerac

said by Webslingerac:

said by Cho Baka:

Of course they do. Do you honestly believe real, actual postage costs are paid for by you?

Did you negotiate a business deal between Teksavvy and Canada Post? No. Teksavvy did. And they save money on postage by negotiating a deal whereby Teksavvy forces post office pickups for all parcels.

quote:
I paid for the shipping.
You paid whatever Teksavvy charged you.

quote:

Wouldn't make a difference

Try and spin it however you want.
I paid for shipping.
Do I believe actual shipping costs were paid by me - yes I do.

I had no options to choose from.

Either Canada Post is lame, or Teksavvy sent it via an option that is very inconvenient.
Either of these is unfortunate.

Teksavvy has control over their choice of shipper, or over (not) allowing buyers the choice of shippers.

My post in this thread was to bring this to their attention.
Teksavvy, from what I have seen, learns from their mis-steps.

Perhaps they can take something away from this.
--

Webslingerac

canada

said by Cho Baka:

Try and spin it however you want.

I'm not spinning anything.

quote:
I paid for shipping.
Nevermind

quote:
Either Canada Post is lame
It sometimes is.

quote:
Teksavvy sent it via an option that is very inconvenient
This is what happened (if I only have two choices to choose from). And the method they chose was cheaper for them.

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
there
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by Webslingerac:

This is what happened. And the method they chose was cheaper for them.

It wasn't cheaper for them.
I paid for it.
--

Webslingerac

canada

2 edits

said by Cho Baka:

said by Webslingerac:

This is what happened. And the method they chose was cheaper for them.

It wasn't cheaper for them.

Ok, bro, whatever you say

Ask yourself why Teksavvy or any business would negotiate shipping deals with couriers. To make shipping and operating costs cheaper, maybe?

said by TSI Marc :
I'm not sure why the card/ID was chosen but I'm assuming it was a cost thing
I no longer have any desire to discuss this further.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

Not sure where this thread is going but AFAIK... The poster thing was 100% paid by us.. Was meant to be a fun thing.. I didn't read every post in this thread.. Maybe somebody can explain to me what the problem is?
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

BTC Kevin

join:2011-10-01
Nepean, ON
kudos:1

Canada Post failing at actually leaving the pick up notices.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Ah. That's not cool.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Just checked... We're not skimping out on shipping... They should be delivering right to your home based on what I've been told.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Webslingerac

canada

said by TSI Marc:

They should be delivering right to your home based on what I've been told.

They're not, Marc. This is the exact same process as when Teksavvy ships modems or any other parcel that Teksavvy ships.
But the posters are free, so no one has the right to complain about the posters.

You are receiving this email at the request of INTERNET SERVICES to provide you with updates on the progress of this shipment.

Ship To:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Service Type: Xpresspost

Service Standard Delivery Date: April 29, 2013

Delivery Options:
Card for Pickup

[image ZHEADING_SHIPMENT_DETAILS_EN]

Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Order Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reference Number: FITE

Item is available for pick up at the Post Office.

An item is available for pick up at the Canada Post location listed on the delivery card. A piece of photo identification will be required to pick up this item.

Please note that this item was sent directly to the Post Office at the request of the Sender.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

K, I'm looking into it.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Webslingerac

canada

said by TSI Marc:

K, I'm looking into it.

You shouldn't bother. No one has the right to complain about the posters. They're free (and it's a cool promo). If Teksavvy wants to save on shipping free stuff, that's fair.

Teksavvy forces all parcels to be picked up at a local post office.
They request for all parcels to be carded (forced for pickup at the post office).

Tracking for Canada Post will always indicate the item was attempted to be delivered in these instances of forced post office pickup (pretty stupid; Canada Post should change the faulty automated tracking info when an item is being routed directly to a local post office), when, in fact, the item is just being routed to your local post office for pickup. When your regular mailman delivers your regular mail, he or she just drops the delivery notice card in your mailbox (you should get the delivery card notice within a few days). There's no package to deliver to you, so the mailman doesn't ring your doorbell or knock. The delivery notice card should specify when the item can be picked up and where. If you attempt pickup before the time listed on the card or outside of the official local post office hours, you may experience problems.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Yeah, I'm checking for both. Haven't looked into this stuff in a long time. Should have good solution for shipping regardless. It's part of the experience...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Webslingerac

K, tx for that. I'll check on all of this on my end too.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Webslingerac

canada
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Yeah, I'm checking for both. Haven't looked into this stuff in a long time. Should have good solution for shipping regardless. It's part of the experience...

Then, may I respectfully suggest that for situations when customers are charged for shipping, that they are presented with the option to pay more for a signature? Typically, this costs an extra $1.50 through Canada Post for the average individual under normal circumstances (I don't know what kind of deal Teksavvy has with Canada Post). The signature option should cover Teksavvy, legally.

The signature option is nice for those who may be recovering from surgery, have disabilities, mobility issues, or something similar (this is better than having the item forced to a local post office). The customer just needs to be made to understand that he or she must be home when Canada Post attempts delivery.

If the customer isn't home for a signature, then the parcel gets routed to the post office, which is completely understandable. If the customer doesn't want to pay for the signature option, then have the parcel go straight to the local post office as normal.

Just a thought

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

I'll look into that. Basically two tiers of shipping.. Not sure what they would charge us or what it mean internally to add a second tier.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy