emoci

join:2007-05-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:1
reply to KPaul

Re: TSI poster fail...

To figure out where your poster is:

Go to: www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber

Enter your tracking number: Eg. 7202737143619916 (this is my actual tracking number for the poster)

It'll tell you on the tracking page which retail location is holding the package .

aaron158

join:2004-08-09
London, ON

teksavvy shouldn't have used the hold at post office for id option. i can see doing that for modems that cost $100 but it was a poster they should have just let canada post delver them with no id check. i got mine today its a nice posters.

anonymous2

@velcom.ca

Kpaul, don't blame Canada Post for this one. Teksavvy specifically selected the "card for pick up" option meaning that it cannot be delivered to your door, even if you are there to sign for it. This means that no delivery was even supposed to be attempted, and thus no reason for a Canada Post employee to immediately leave you a delivery notice. Your normal delivery person likely never even had your package to being with. The delivery notice will likely be placed in your mail box in a day or two. Teksavvy likely arranged this so that they would have 100% proof that you got your package.

In any event, with those automated Canada Post e-mails, they usually include the tracking number within in them. Go to the Canada Post website to see which location your package is at. You do not need to wait until you have the delivery notice card in front of you.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

I'm not sure why the card/ID was chosen but I'm assuming it was a cost thing.... It's turning out to be quite the ordeal to deal with.. Just rolling and boxing the posters.. I was in the shipping room earlier today. Hehe quite the system they have worked out to get all of these sent out.. Turns out sending them in square boxes is cheaper than round cylinders... Obviously dropping each box at your home would have been more expensive... Not sure if there's a pickup option without ID.. And if there is, not sure that's the best option either.

Anyway, this has been quite fun to see unfold. Hehe. I had a look at the posters today.. The paper quality really is good. The crew is making sure that there aren't any paper tears and stuff like that. Ppl are putting those boxes together and ppl rolling them up.. And getting the right addresses on them with the right poster. I was pretty proud and impressed with it all today when I saw it all in action.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

rogersmogers

@start.ca

said by TSI Marc:

I'm not sure why the card/ID was chosen but I'm assuming it was a cost thing.... It's turning out to be quite the ordeal to deal with.. Just rolling and boxing the posters.. I was in the shipping room earlier today. Hehe quite the system they have worked out to get all of these sent out.. Turns out sending them in square boxes is cheaper than round cylinders... Obviously dropping each box at your home would have been more expensive... Not sure if there's a pickup option without ID.. And if there is, not sure that's the best option either.

Anyway, this has been quite fun to see unfold. Hehe. I had a look at the posters today.. The paper quality really is good. The crew is making sure that there aren't any paper tears and stuff like that. Ppl are putting those boxes together and ppl rolling them up.. And getting the right addresses on them with the right poster. I was pretty proud and impressed with it all today when I saw it all in action.

You need to get your overnight peeps who are not doing much to make up a shatload of boxes ahead time and roll a bunch of posters so in the morning the shipping guys just need to label the prepaid boxes and send them away.

aaron158

join:2004-08-09
London, ON
reply to TSI Marc

u guys should check into using fedex ground i found latly for packages its cheaper for me using that then canada post even with a discount for using a venture one card. although u guys might get better discounts with ur shipping voulme. fedex is alot more reliable then c/p tracking wise i find to.

also u guys could have used the expdiated option from canada post its alot cheaper then xpress post and to most locations isn't all that much lower then xpresspost

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to rogersmogers

the night crew is too busy working on completing new signups through the night...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to rogersmogers

said by rogersmogers :

said by TSI Marc:

Turns out sending them in square boxes is cheaper than round cylinders...

You need to get your overnight peeps who are not doing much to make up a shatload of boxes ahead time and roll a bunch of posters so in the morning the shipping guys just need to label the prepaid boxes and send them away.

For those who haven't seen what the box looks like theres a pix of it in my post in the [Posters] Thread. Pic isn't stellar bad lighting and lousy blackberry cam, but its enough for the curious minded.
--
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

MFido

join:2012-10-19
kudos:2
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

the night crew is too busy working on completing new signups through the night...

Orders not processed and placed 43h ago and that delays the activation date by 5 days (week-end included)

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

said by MFido:

said by TSI Marc:

Orders not processed and placed 43h ago and that delays the activation date by 5 days (week-end included)

no, orders get processed same day or night..

is your order delayed? I can look into it if you want to PM me details.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

darknestgirl

join:2008-08-11
Montreal, QC

tsi mark i sent you an IM cause i just recieve the same email but i never order anything from teksavvy thanks.

Webslingerac

join:2004-05-01
canada

2 edits
reply to TSI Marc

said by TA63 :
Can I see a post with a TSI rep stating this?
Sure:

said by TSI Marc:

I'm not sure why the card/ID was chosen but I'm assuming it was a cost thing

TSI does this for the modems they sell too.

So, again, Teksavvy forces all parcels (modems, posters, whatever) to be picked up at a local post office. They request for all parcels to be carded (forced for pickup at the post office).

This is standard Teksavvy practice.

Webslingerac

canada

This is a typical message sent via Canada Post for a parcel mailed by Teksavvy:

You are receiving this email at the request of INTERNET SERVICES to provide you with updates on the progress of this shipment.

Ship To:
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Service Type: Xpresspost

Service Standard Delivery Date: April 29, 2013

Delivery Options:
Card for Pickup

[image ZHEADING_SHIPMENT_DETAILS_EN]

Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Order Number: xxxxxxxxx
Reference Number: FITE

Item is available for pick up at the Post Office.

An item is available for pick up at the Canada Post location listed on the delivery card. A piece of photo identification will be required to pick up this item.

Please note that this item was sent directly to the Post Office at the request of the Sender.

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-23
there
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

And your point is?

Canada Post can't card me at my door?

Are you suggesting that Teksavvy likes to inconvenience their customers for no reason? - I do not believe this.

Also, why the innumerable edits to all your posts?
--
The talented hawk speaks French.

Webslingerac

canada

1 edit

said by Cho Baka:

And your point is?

Teksavvy saves money on postage (negotiated a deal) that includes forcing post office pickups.

quote:
Canada Post can't card me at my door?
Did I state they can't?

quote:
Are you suggesting that Teksavvy likes to inconvenience their customers for no reason?
See above.

quote:
Also, why the innumerable edits to all your posts?

To help you better understand what I'm writing

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Cho Baka

So what if he edits his posts? What are you trying to imply? I've been on forums where you can't go back and edit, its a pain when you've made glaring typos, grammar mistakes or any other kind of mistake in your post.

Marc implied in an earlier post its cheaper to have the posters picked up at your local post office than hand delivered door to door. I can see Canada Post charging more for this or discounting the rate for not asking for parcel delivery to the door. Considering these are free posters, I don't see the need to get into a big fuss about it.

At least CP has many post offices in any given city/town. I've had Purolator refuse to reschedule a delivery and make my go pick it up. There's only one location in London (they closed one that was more inside the city) way on the the eastern edge of the city that is really inconvenient to get to (and an area that is not pedestrian friendly).

Webslingerac

canada

2 edits

said by TypeS:

Considering these are free posters, I don't see the need to get into a big fuss about it.

Exactly. It's a free poster. You can't complain about free.

However, I do have an issue with them forcing post office pickups on modem deliveries when I'm paying for shipping, but this will turn into a very long-winded debate (except to say, simply, that I'm recovering from a medical issue, and if you need my signature, it can be taken at the door without requiring me, in an injured state, to travel to the post office. If I'm not home when the delivery attempt is made, that's understandable if I have to go to the post office, but consider those that are disabled, recovering from injury, or something else. I'm not disabled, but I am recovering from a medical issue. So I had to get someone to go get the parcel for me, and it was an inconvenience for her. Teksavvy, to its credit, did something nice for my inconvenience. But no one, at any point, told me that I would be required to go to the post office. And I would be willing to pay more for shipping to get an item to my door instead of having to travel to a local post office).

If anyone disagrees with me, oh well, you disagree with me.

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-23
there
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by Webslingerac:

And I would be willing to pay more for shipping to get an item to my door instead of having to travel to a local post office).

As would I.

said by Webslingerac:

If anyone disagrees with me, oh well, you disagree with me.

On this point I agree.
--
The talented hawk speaks French.