uniqs

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

Re: [Rant] bandwidth metering turned back on?

So here we go...

IF I did use my connection, at full speed, for one hour a day, in a 30 day billing period, I would use 628.6 GB

»/calcu ··· vestate=

So that puts me 278.6 GB over my limt or $60 in overages.

And all this is, is using my connection for 1 hour a day...

Still think overages are fair, or that the tiny included allotment of data is fair?

Wake up
adamg
join:2013-03-01

adamg

My connection is twice as fast, and I have the same cap! 16 minutes per day at full speed would put me over the cap.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

said by adamg:

My connection is twice as fast, and I have the same cap! 16 minutes per day at full speed would put me over the cap.

It's pretty stupid, frankly, how they did the caps. They don't even have good usage data on the 107 plan, or at least they didn't back when they decided to use the same cap as the 50 plan.

And we aren't even considering if you want to use your upload in any of these examples.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

lol, my 30 meg costs me 78 now....

Andy52
@suddenlink.net

Andy52

Anon

and the issue here stems around why they want the caps and what they do if you exceed said cap.

they want to recoup costs from you for some of their failing projects,
as mentioned before Netflix etc. use bandwith suddenlink2go does not? strange isn't it still going through the same network to get to you still using a nodes bandwith.

and instead of slowing the high bandwith users down they just start charging more money i know some people that if they had these caps would end up paying double their monthly in overages.

to recap.suddenlink2go is a failed project competing with Netflix and to make it compete they are trying to make it unfeasible for you to use it.seems criminal if you think about it.

also they would allow people with the highest speeds to plow through multiple overages rather then slow down the offenders.

while throttling is seen as bad its the only solution that would make any sense in the context that suddlink is portraying the situation yet that isn't what they are doing because they know they can make a few bucks off the high-end users that are already paying through the nose for speed.

what it comes down to suddenlink has and always will be overselling their network and recently as a year or two ago admitted they have stopped upgrading it.

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal

Premium Member

said by Andy52 :

they want to recoup costs from you for some of their failing projects

Evidence?

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

yearly or biyearly rate hikes count? overage fees count?
adamg
join:2013-03-01

adamg to Cabal

to Cabal
said by Cabal:

said by Andy52 :

they want to recoup costs from you for some of their failing projects

Evidence?

I would still love to see one of you guys explain how Suddenlink2go not counting against the cap fit's into your "protectin the network" narrative.