plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

Waterfox and automatic export of bookmark file not working

Click for full size
I'm running Waterfox 18.0.1. As part of my backup script, I make a copy of just the file "bookmarks.html" from my profile directory. I do that, as its the only file I actually care about to be backed up.

I used the following steps so that each time I closed Waterfox, it would export the file to my profile directory.

1) Open Waterfox
2) Type "about:config" in the address bar
3) For the warning dialog box, click yes as we know what we are doing
4) Search for the Preference Name "browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML"
5) Change the value from false to true

I went ahead and deleted the copy, dated 04/09/2013 from my profile directory. On a side note, that appears to be the last time that it worked, as I use Waterfox on a daily basis!

I then opened and closed Waterfox, and noticed that it did not create this file. So, I went and verified the setting that I made above, and it is still set that way (see picture).

I was going to try to create a new profile, and / or re-install Waterfox to see if that fixes the problem. But, before I do that, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or thoughts as to why it would just stop working.

If more information is needed (error logs, etc), let me know and I'll be happy to post them.

Thanks in advance,

--Brian

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

chachazz

Premium Member

quote:
Waterfox says the best way to get help with its software is by visiting »www.overclock.net/showth ··· t=975626.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

Well, not sure what was broke, but whatever it was has somehow fixed itself.

Today when I closed Waterfox, the file was created.

--Brian