spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rockstead

join:2012-06-30
Pincourt, QC

[DSL] Teksavvy won't submit 25/10 request to Bell, Help!

Need advice guys, I've been with Teksavvy for 5+ years but I need to get off my 6M plan and on to a 25/10 plan. I'm told by Teksavvy they won't submit my request because my upload oy qualifies for 4.3 while my download qualifies for 25.

Can't Teksavvy escalate this on my behalf with Bell, they haven't offered to and have basically told me they won't take it any further because Bell will reject it.

Need some advise, is there a way around this? I've heard of people being told their profiles weren't good enough and in the end it wasn't the case.

Here are the current line stats.

GAS: 514-xxx -xxxx In Service
Last State Change: 04/19 02:35:34 (Uptime: 645720)
Line Profile: al1_d6016-6016-384_u800-800-256
DLM State: DISABLED | Equip. Type: OSLAM
Sync Rate: d6016.0/u800.0 kbps
RCO: d65.0/u98.0%
Noise Margin: d12.0/u6.0 dB
Power: d10.0/u12.0 dB
Attenuation: d18.0/u6.0 dB (Approx. Distance: 1.3~1.33km)
Block Count: d647712448.0/u36148148.0

zong
Premium
join:2005-07-21
Scarborough, ON

Re: [DSL] Teksavvy won't submit request to Bell for 25/10, need

go to Bell, I am sure they will either tell you the same or sign you up up with 25/4.3

rockstead

Pincourt, QC
I don't understand, If Bell can make the exception then why can't Teksavvy escalate the issue with Bell to have the profile accepted.

How could Teksavvy accept that I would have to leave and then Bell would accept the profile but while I'm a Teksavvy customer they are saying they won't.

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
It's "up to" 10 on the upstream. Not sure why TSI won't ask for it.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to rockstead
Bell has several "maintenance profiles" for upload, and you can still have full 25 meg download while having lower upload speeds that the line can handle.

Hell, when I first got VDSL they had me on a 25/4.8meg maintenance profile cuz they sent me the wrong modem with the wrong firmware and it would sync so low they set the profile lower.
--

Walter Dnes

join:2008-01-27
Thornhill, ON
reply to rockstead

Re: [DSL] Teksavvy won't submit 25/10 request to Bell, Help!

said by rockstead:

Need advice guys, I've been with Teksavvy for 5+ years but I need to get off my 6M plan and on to a 25/10 plan. I'm told by Teksavvy they won't submit my request because my upload oy qualifies for 4.3 while my download qualifies for 25.

You still qualify for 15/1 or 10/1 or 7/1. Is any of them sufficient for you? Or do you need higher upload speed?

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by Walter Dnes:

said by rockstead:

You still qualify for 15/1 or 10/1 or 7/1. Is any of them sufficient for you? Or do you need higher upload speed?

I think he's willing to deal with 4.3 upload, he wants the 25.

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC
said by Tx:

said by Walter Dnes:

said by rockstead:

I think he's willing to deal with 4.3 upload, he wants the 25.

Yup. And there's absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be able to get it from TekSavvy.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
It won't let us out the order through... Ill get the gang to double check but I'd be happy to make you happy...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by TSI Marc:

It won't let us out the order through... Ill get the gang to double check but I'd be happy to make you happy...

That's pretty pathetic... Isn't there a way to push it thru with the customer understanding that they may not get the full speed?

Bell has the maintenance profiles for a reason.
--

rockstead

Pincourt, QC
reply to TSI Marc
Marc, thank you for your assistance. I received the following reply in the direct forum ten minutes after your reply, I'm unsure if this was the double check you referred to, but if it was, it didn't help, they didn't mention double checking anything.

I'm very interested in the maintenance profile Hivolt was kind enough to mention, I keep hearing members say Bell is able to place users on these type of profiles, shouldn't you be able to escalate with someone at Bell?

"From TSI Alan"

Your frustration is understandable. It is frustrating for us as well. At this time, Bell has clearly advised us that only lines capable of supporting
7-10Mb upload speeds will be accepted for the VDSL services. All orders not meeting that criteria will be rejected.

Our management team is continually working with our vendors to resolve various issues such as this. However, for the present time,
we must adhere to the 7-10Mb requirement.

Thank you for your understanding.

Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,"

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to rockstead
Sucks. Perhaps the 20/10 or 30/10 cable would be a decent consolation prize? They cost more, but they have the 10 meg upstream. Here's a price comparison:

VDSL2 25/10 300GB: $45 (plus dry loop fee if applicable)
Cable 20/10 300GB: $45
Cable 30/10 300GB: $55

If you're on a dry loop, then the 30/10 cable will cost roughly the same as the 25/10 VDSL, if you're on a wet loop, the 20/10 would be the same price.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

FiberToTheX
Premium
join:2013-03-14
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to rockstead
said by rockstead:

Marc, thank you for your assistance. I received the following reply in the direct forum ten minutes after your reply, I'm unsure if this was the double check you referred to, but if it was, it didn't help, they didn't mention double checking anything.

I'm very interested in the maintenance profile Hivolt was kind enough to mention, I keep hearing members say Bell is able to place users on these type of profiles, shouldn't you be able to escalate with someone at Bell?

"From TSI Alan"

Your frustration is understandable. It is frustrating for us as well. At this time, Bell has clearly advised us that only lines capable of supporting
7-10Mb upload speeds will be accepted for the VDSL services. All orders not meeting that criteria will be rejected.

Our management team is continually working with our vendors to resolve various issues such as this. However, for the present time,
we must adhere to the 7-10Mb requirement.

Thank you for your understanding.

Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,"

Obviously that's a new policy since previously if you met the requirement for Minimum upload for 25/10 (3Mbps) then they would have signed you up.

rockstead

Pincourt, QC
reply to Guspaz
I've been on DSL for 15+ years, going to cable feels like cheating.

I'm on a wet loop.

It's really a matter of principal, I'm a loyal Teksavvy customer for 5+ years, Bell customers are able to get on the 25/10 plan with a less than 7M upload. I want Teksavvy doing absolutely everything in their power to try to make this happen for me and any other user in the same position, we"re lucky enough to have power users here that inform us of maintenance profiles.

I want to see Teksavvy have the same level of concern about this situation that the users in this forum do.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to rockstead
Alan is correct, we won't be able to
Push it for VDSL, but we should be able to
Push it As FTTN.

The only thing to keep in mind as it would
Be up to speeds. If you can only get 4mbps upload, that is what it may be.

Let me see what I can do.
--
TSI Andre
Director of Online & Operations Intelligence

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog

TSI Keith
Premium
join:2012-07-09
kudos:5
reply to FiberToTheX
said by FiberToTheX:

Obviously that's a new policy since previously if you met the requirement for Minimum upload for 25/10 (3Mbps) then they would have signed you up.

Until recently our qualification tool only showed us what download speed you qualified for. When we started being able to see upload as well we were reminding customers who qualified for less that less than 10 that it is "up to" 10 and that if once they are active the line stats look good we could try to get them more but it was very likely they'd not be able to receive more than X up.

I myself have told this to multiple customers. Then Bell started rejecting all these orders and told us we cannot do this (I don't know if they ever rejected an order for low upstream before we were able to see it on the qualifier, but if they did I never saw it).

The original communication that went to the floor stated we could not offer VDSL to customers who did not qualify for 10Mb up. We dug into this further and were told we could go as low as 7Mb upload.

Unfortunately at this time we simply cannot get anything lower than 7 accepted.
--
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
said by TSI Keith:

The original communication that went to the floor stated we could not offer VDSL to customers who did not qualify for 10Mb up. We dug into this further and were told we could go as low as 7Mb upload.

Sounds like Bell is up to its old tricks to me, some filings, or some regulatory smacking around might be in order. Considering they spent the last 5 or so years throttling your service, since when are the concerned about the quality you offer to your customers?

EQ
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

TSI Keith
Premium
reply to rockstead
said by TSI Keith:

Should read "we've been told we cannot"

We are looking into this and are going to try to still get this pushed through for you. We'll do our best and let you know as soon as there's an update.

Thanks,
Keith
--

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to rockstead
Hi Rockstead,

We just need for shipping to add the modem and we have it all ready to go . We will be pushing it on Monday.

TheMG
Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·NorthWest Tel
reply to rockstead
I wish ISPs would do away with the traditional speed plans altogether.

$x.xx base charge + $x.xx/Mbps down + $x.xx/Mbps up

Pay for what you get type of deal. Sign up for any combination of download/upload speeds up to a maximum of what your line is capable of. 25/1 10/10 15/10 25/5... whatever the customer wants.

Why should the ISPs dictate what combinations of download/upload we get? It's so ridiculously outdated.

Bugblndr

join:2010-03-02
Burlington, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to rockstead
There's some BS going on IMO. I'm on 25/10 but only get 25/3.7 and that's all I've gotten since day 1. I was told by Teksavvy that's as good as I'll get. Bell qualification tool shows I can order 25/10 does it show you can?

* Edit, looks like TSI ordered anyways for you, congrats.

TSI Keith
Premium

2 edits
double post

TSI Keith
Premium
reply to Bugblndr
Hello Bugblndr,

Could you post your account info in the »TekSavvy Direct forum for me please?

IF I'm looking at the right account here I might be able to squeeze out a little more upload for you.

Thank you,
Keith
--

Savant
Premium
join:2001-08-12
Toronto
reply to rockstead
said by rockstead:

Have you considered going at it from another way? I mean, have you looked at your demarc and wiring to see if you can squeeze more out of your line? If you have one of the old demarcs this could cause a problem.

What I did to make sure I was getting the most out of my line was to disconnect my inside wiring from the demarc, then I used a short length of cable with a phone jack on it and plugged the modem in directly. So with only the modem on the line, I was now able to make sure that there was nothing I could do to improve the line.

(I ended up adding my own demarc to improve my line speed.)

So I would look into that. If you find that your inside wiring is affecting your profile, you can get a secondary demarc and then use a DSL splitter to take the house line out of the equation.
--

Attack the words, not the writer...

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to rockstead
Hi Rockstead,

The order has been submitted. Keith is going to monitor its progress and let us both know

Cheers,

Andre

rockstead

Pincourt, QC
Thank you Andre, I'm excited! My install date is May 7th but I'm available sooner if it gets kicked up.

I'm just curious but was my process a trial for a new way of pushing through 25/10s? If it goes well, are you going to handle all future 25/10 requests this way that are initially rejected for not meeting the 7-10 upload requirement?

TSI Keith
Premium
Hello again,

I'm thrilled that we got a confirmed activation date for you. Again please don't hesitate to let us know in the direct forum once you're active so we can have a look at the line.

Is this good news for everyone that qualifies for less than 7 up you ask? Well I certainly hope so! This is being looked into now

Thanks again,
Keith
--

Tom17

join:2008-11-26
Whitby, ON
If whatever you did does work out to help with other 25/10 orders, would I be correct in assuming that the same would apply to 15/10 orders?

I had my finger on the trigger for a 15/10 with only 3 up until I heard about all this...

s0dhi

join:2011-08-02
Brampton, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TheMG
said by TheMG:

I wish ISPs would do away with the traditional speed plans altogether.

$x.xx base charge + $x.xx/Mbps down + $x.xx/Mbps up

Pay for what you get type of deal. Sign up for any combination of download/upload speeds up to a maximum of what your line is capable of. 25/1 10/10 15/10 25/5... whatever the customer wants.

Why should the ISPs dictate what combinations of download/upload we get? It's so ridiculously outdated.

+1

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Tom17
It's iffy because there is also a 15/1 package/profile but we can always try