spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ltm
@direcway.com

ltm

Anon

When you get close to the truth, HughesNet really freaks out

I think these links are still available, although they may have been hidden by archiving:

»community.myhughesnet.co ··· uestions

»community.myhughesnet.co ··· ue_story

»community.myhughesnet.co ··· e_factor

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

Suz spent five hrs. Today archiving posts. Hardly any offical replies.

ltm
@direcway.com

ltm to ltm

Anon

to ltm
The history of HughesNet's efforts to suppress this thread are interesting. These two links may still be active:

»community.myhughesnet.co ··· is_topic

»community.myhughesnet.co ··· ain_page

But there was another post entitled "Censorship!" that seems to have been completely obliterated. Fortunately, I saved a copy in .*webarchive format before it disappeared, and I could post it here, if I knew how. Do I need to get the moderators involved to do this?

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk to ltm

Premium Member

to ltm
You should be able to just copy & paste. I've done that with several that I thought were worthy of wider distribution.

I would suggest you consider becoming a member here at DSLR. There is no cost unless you wish a premiem membership.

ltm
@direcway.com

ltm

Anon

I don't want to post a link, or to cut and paste raw text. I want to post several complete files, about 2+ MBs each, as you would for an attachment to an email.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

I'm not sure that is doable as this is a community forum rather than a software or file repository.

There is very little if any censorship here. It you have a story to tell...post it.
I have re-posted several threads here from the Hughes forum due to censoring.

ltm
@direcway.com

ltm to ltm

Anon

to ltm
Here is another link to the suppression story:

»community.myhughesnet.co ··· ain_page

My final post was entitled: "Suz: Can We Ever Trust What You Tell Us?" and it has been completely obliterated, too. Again, I saved a copy as a *.webarchive file, if there is any way to upload it to this forum.

Shortly after that last post was removed, I received a telephone call from "Vera" in HughesNet's Executive Customer Care department. She said that, whatever confusion might have been generated by Suz's message on Friday, my original thread would NOT be restored to the main page. She thus admitted that HughesNet was censoring this discussion.

Can anyone figure out what was so threatening about these posts?

It was just a technical discussion, in which Patrick Fisher and others were participating.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk to ltm

Premium Member

to ltm
Having followed it from the start I think most likely you would NOT shut up and roll over like you were told when they felt the topic was done.

I received a call from "Vera" myself last week.
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung to ltm

Premium Member

to ltm
Shortly after that last post was removed, I received a telephone call from "Vera" in HughesNet's Executive Customer Care department. She said that, whatever confusion might have been generated by Suz's message on Friday, my original thread would NOT be restored to the main page. She thus admitted that HughesNet was censoring this discussion.

You do know that Vera is actually Sara right? It appears that Hughes dosen't like people that don't give up.

ltm
@direcway.com

ltm

Anon

said by sharkyyoung:

You do know that Vera is actually Sara right?

No, I did not know that.
ltm

ltm to ltm

Anon

to ltm
WouldSomeone···hive.zip
645,603 bytes
Answer Questions
PoorDownload···hive.zip
614,353 bytes
Poor Download Speeds
ThrottleFact···hive.zip
749,383 bytes
Throttle Factor

Would Someone at HughesNet Please Answer My Questions?

Poor Download Speeds? The True Story.

Throttle Factor
ltm

ltm to ltm

Anon

to ltm
Browsing through this site, it looks like there is a way to upload attachments. I will try it with my web archives, in case Hughes decides to block the main links to this story.
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung to ltm

Premium Member

to ltm
said by ltm :

Would Someone at HughesNet Please Answer My Questions?

Poor Download Speeds? The True Story.

Throttle Factor

Can't open zip files, but I do know the posts you are referring to.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to ltm

Premium Member

to ltm
Vera is Sara? Why would she use a different name?
Expand your moderator at work

ltm
@direcway.com

ltm to sharkyyoung

Anon

to sharkyyoung

Re: When you get close to the truth, HughesNet really freaks out

said by sharkyyoung:

Can't open zip files, but I do know the posts you are referring to.

These files work OK for me. But I think *.webarchive may be a Mac format for archiving web pages. Does anyone know how to convert them to an analogous PC format?
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung to silbaco

Premium Member

to silbaco
said by silbaco:

Vera is Sara? Why would she use a different name?

Do you use your real name? No I didn't think so.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

No, but I am not a company representative of HughesNet. I use my real name at work. I still use my real name when I deal with people who don't work there. First names themselves are worthless. Lying about your first name to customers is unprofessional to say the least.
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung

Premium Member

We are talking about Hughes.
Is anything they tell people the truth?

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk to silbaco

Premium Member

to silbaco
Its just like in the movies....you want to see who the characters are, look in the credits.

With Hughes if you want to see who the characters are you look in Linkedin.
gwalk

1 edit

gwalk to ltm

Premium Member

to ltm
Looking at the change log, it appears they are now deleting post from invisible Archived posts.

1 hour ago

Sara for Hughes
Removed a reply by Thorne McCarty in Would someone at hughesnet please answer my questions?

Reason: »legal.hughesnet.com/Comm ··· ines.cfm • Please do not post advertisements in this community.

Whatever is the POINT of removing posts you can't even see ?
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung

Premium Member

Someone needs to tell Sara, and yes I know Hughes monitors this site, that he wall came down decades ago so please stop ruling the community like it is behind the wall.

In this country it is called the 1st amendment!
Melissa B7
join:2013-03-12
Loogootee, IN

Melissa B7 to ltm

to ltm
yes an the advertisement was just referring me here to this post yep thats valuable use of mod time
Melissa B7

1 edit

Melissa B7 to ltm

to ltm
oops double post nm

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk to ltm

Premium Member

to ltm
Hughes, in an effort to do what...has deleted more comments from the OPs archived posts.

The change log at Hughes today proves that Hughes is archiving posts as a method of censorship:

Dispute this change

3 hours ago

Sara for Hughes
Archived In the afternoon and evening hours it is as if the satellite goes into sleep mode by Allen

Reason: Allen, it looks like we'll need to troubleshoot your system one on one so I've taken this conversation offline. Thanks, Sara
Dispute this change

4 hours ago

Sara for Hughes
Archived DNS Acceleration problems by charlesennis

Reason: Charles, it looks like we'll need to do some one on one troubleshooting so I've taken this conversation offline. Sara

ltm
@direcway.com

ltm to ltm

Anon

to ltm
Sara responded to me yesterday, in the following thread:

»community.myhughesnet.co ··· ce-o06rk

If you read her response carefully, you will see that she does not even try to refute what I have been saying. In fact, she says: "your hypothesis [is] compelling," and: "I see how you could be drawn to make statements like this." Her only argument is to recite the litany of site-specific problems that might afflict a customer's system. I wouldn't disagree with any of these points, of course, but this is a digression from the main issue.

There is only one substantive critique in her entire response, and it is very weak: "[W]ithout all the information available to you it's really unfair to make these generalizations."

I agree with this point, too. If HughesNet would give me more information, my generalizations would be more fair.

You will see that I offered to continue the technical discussion, if Sara would restore my original thread to the main page. So far, I have not received a response to my offer.
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung

Premium Member

Don't hold your breath, you can't hold it for that long.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk to ltm

Premium Member

to ltm
"[W]ithout all the information available to you it's really unfair to make these generalizations."

Everyone knows that electronics are powered by "magic smoke".
If you let the magic smoke out it doesn't work any longer.

The same thing goes with too much information. If the customer knew what was going on, then pulling the wool over their eyes becomes much harder.

One of Patrick Fishers replies to you had an "edge" not usually found in his responses. Perhaps one of your questions was getting too close to revealing the existence of the Magic Smoke.
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung

Premium Member

POOF/ UP IN SMOKE

ltm
@direcway.com

ltm to ltm

Anon

to ltm
Incidentally, although Sara replied to one of my posts yesterday, she also deleted two posts in other threads.

(1) terrible_service_in_and_out

»community.myhughesnet.co ··· _and_out

This reply has been removed by Hughes:

Kelli and others: These are systematic HughesNet problems, which have been discussed on many threads. See the following, for example:
HughesNet has been trying to censor this discussion by archiving these threads, and deleting posts that refer to them.

Replies can be removed by community moderators if they contain inappropriate content or private information. This was the reason given in this case: Hughes: "This is a repeat post."

(2) no_service_in_the_afternoon

»community.myhughesnet.co ··· fternoon

This reply has been removed by Hughes:

Larry, Folkmuse, and others: These are systematic HughesNet problems, which have been discussed on many threads. See the following, for example:
HughesNet has been trying to censor this discussion by archiving these threads, and deleting posts that refer to them.

Replies can be removed by community moderators if they contain inappropriate content or private information. This was the reason given in this case: Hughes: "This is a repeat post."