gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk to ltm

Premium Member

to ltm

Re: When you get close to the truth, HughesNet really freaks out

While this has no direct connection to the OP archived issue it is indicitive of the "smoke & mirror" approch employed by Hughes:

In this case Larry posted a topic and Suz burried the thing by "forking" it into a different thread altogether.

This is after numerious remarks to the community to start your own topic.

Larry 18 hours ago

And Suz? Don't ever tell me to start my own thread again, and not comment on the others. I started this one yesterday and you jammed it into one from how long ago? And put it into a whole bunch of other peoples comments.and problems. What happened to keeping things in the right direction? For what it costs me and for what it's worth, if I have a comment, I'll give it..

Suz (OFFICIAL REP) 5 hours ago

Sorry Larry, this is a Hughes-sponsored community. Our responsibility is to Hughes and this community. In order to keep the community organized we can just fork your comment into a new topic instead. Please refer to our community guidelines here »legal.hughesnet.com/CommunityG....
”We reserve the right to remove, modify, or move posts at our discretion.”

Steven Shook 4 hours ago

Nice customer-oriented response, Suz......
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung

Premium Member

The hughes way or the highway!

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

If you look back over time at the tone of the replies supplied by Suz they have become increasingly snotty. I have to say that if she worked for me there would be a single, one side conversation that would realign her definition of customer service.
If that didn't work she would be looking for employment elsewhere.

There is always more than one way to say something.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

You don't really think that these obnoxious snotty replies from the CSRs at HugesNet are occurring at the individuals own whims? LOL

It's pretty clear that the tone is being set and APPROVED of by the top brass tacks at the company. If you want results you are going to have to dial direct to HugesNet corporate offices, and the parent company as well. Don't call the toll free numbers try and find the actual direct dial numbers to the corporate HQ offices. I would also look for the executive offices names and see if you can call them directly.

Don't waste time sparring with these online bots they are there as a "foil" to wear you down and prevent you from going up the executive chain of command.

I personally would send a snail mail with all the details of your issues in a polite but firm tone and tell them what you want done and a time line. Send it certified return requested. I would mention that if things are not addressed in a reasonable manner to provide service promised that you will be forced to contact your state's and the US attorney general.

ltm
@direcway.com

ltm to ltm

Anon

to ltm
I posted a new topic today:

»community.myhughesnet.co ··· n_resets

Let's see how long this thread stays active on the main page ...

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk to ltm

Premium Member

to ltm
Looks like Sara is blowing the same smoke in your direction.
It most likely won't help but why not take them up on the offer of a free site visit ?
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung

Premium Member

I'm surprised she even answered. A site visit is only an installer & no disrepect to them, but they won't be able to answer your questions as only an engineer like Patrick can do this & you can bet your bottom dollar he won't.

ltm
@direcway.com

ltm to ltm

Anon

to ltm
See my reply to Sara, this evening.
whiteyonenh
join:2004-08-09
Keene, NH

whiteyonenh to ltm

to ltm
said by ltm :

These files work OK for me. But I think *.webarchive may be a Mac format for archiving web pages. Does anyone know how to convert them to an analogous PC format?

You should be able to hit print (via file --> print) on the files, and then on the window that comes up, save as pdf. It might be under print preview, I don't remember as I don't have a mac in front of me right now.

ltm
@direcway.com

ltm

Anon

said by whiteyonenh:

You should be able to hit print (via file --> print) on the files, and then on the window that comes up, save as pdf.

Yes, that would work, but it would not preserve the original web format. The nice feature of *.webarchive files is that you can load them into a browser, and they look (and act) just like the real thing.

Anyway, the links to the threads on the HughesNet forum still seem to be working.
ltm

ltm to ltm

Anon

to ltm
I just posted the following update on the HughesNet forum:

"Kevin Rose, the HughesNet technician, visited my house today and checked out my system. Everything's fine. The dish is pointed perfectly, and the signal strength is excellent. There is no need to replace my modem.

Thus, as I have been saying all along, whenever there are problems with my internet connection, it is because of congestion in the Hughes network."

What I did not say in my message, because it would have been deleted, is that Kevin Rose is also the installer for Exede in my area.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by ltm :

Thus, as I have been saying all along, whenever there are problems with my internet connection, it is because of congestion in the Hughes network."

They need to get serious with that congestion issue very soon.. About a week now i had to disable my accelerator and it feels like it only partially works but if i enable it, connection is dead (cannot load up yahoo home page at all)

This morning I called in to report that hughes is experiencing some issues on there end witch I was right, they said we are doing "maintenance repairs" this was the 4th (Fourth) time this happened and its getting ridiculous as if i'm fighting with blizzard trying to get the game servers back online just so i can play the dang game. All day yesterday I had nothing but time outs and connection drop outs all day long. Not so happy anymore!

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk to ltm

Premium Member

to ltm
The "repair" took some time however....from the time you finanly got fed up enough to call, thru all the scripts & BS and THAT is what Hughes is all about.

During that time its always possible that you will give up and just accept Hughes "service" for what it is.

Hughes is / was a big outfit, they are NOT listening. They know better.... and like the Titanic they are going to sink if they don't wake up.

Myself, I don't post over there anymore. There is nothing to be learned, there is only more of the same old BS.
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung

Premium Member

DITTO

ltm
@direcway.com

ltm to ltm

Anon

to ltm
Another brief exchange (or nonexchange) with Sara and Suz:

I think these people have run out of excuses.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by ltm :

Another brief exchange (or nonexchange) with Sara and Suz:

I think these people have run out of excuses.

said by Thorne McCarty :

Still waiting ...

And the weekend is fast approaching ...

Too late now... No one will respond till monday.. CS 24 hrs a day, everyday my @$$ F U huggies

ltm
@direcway.com

ltm to ltm

Anon

to ltm
8MinutestoCo···html.zip
19,189 bytes
html file
8MinutestoCo···hive.zip
649,636 bytes
webarchive
I thought for sure that my comment on this thread would be deleted, but so far it's still there:

»community.myhughesnet.co ··· _connect

Just in case, I made copies.

Scroll down towards the bottom of the thread, and look for a comment to the post by Steven Shook.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by ltm :

I thought for sure that my comment on this thread would be deleted, but so far it's still there:

»community.myhughesnet.co ··· _connect

Just in case, I made copies.

Scroll down towards the bottom of the thread, and look for a comment to the post by Steven Shook.

Are you refering to the speed "15 Mb per second" ? If so, its Mbits/s.. Not "MB/s" Mbits/s and MB/s are two totally different units.
Kilobit per second

A kilobit per second (kbit/s or kb/s) is a unit of data transfer rate equal to:

1,000 bits per second or
125 bytes per second.

Megabit per second

A megabit per second (Mbit/s or Mb/s; not to be confused with mbit/s which means millibit per second, or with Mbitps which means megabit picosecond) is a unit of data transfer rate equal to:

1,000,000 bits per second or
1,000 kilobits per second or
125,000 bytes per second or
125 kilobytes per second.

Gigabit per second

A gigabit per second (Gbit/s, or Gb/s) is a unit of data transfer rate equal to:

1,000 megabits per second or
1,000,000 kilobits per second or
1,000,000,000 bits per second or
125,000,000 bytes per second.

Terabit per second

A tera per second (Tbit/s, or Tb/s) is a unit of data transfer rate equal to:

1,000 gigabits per second or
1,000,000 megabits per second or
1,000,000,000 kilobits per second or
1,000,000,000,000 bits per second or
125,000,000,000 bytes per second.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

Are you referring to the speed "15 Mb per second" ? If so, its Mbits/s.. Not "MB/s" Mbits/s and MB/s are two totally different units.
Kilobit per second

No, I think he was referring to the portion of the Hughes TV ad in Stevens post:

[Mom] With download speeds of up to 15 times faster, we can all do more with HughesNet Gen4.

That 15x means 15 TIMES faster (than what?)
Kb/KB, Mb/MB were never referenced.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

hm. ok, lemme do some calculations here and see what i get... going to x 245 (my old HN7000S speed) with 8 and see what i get.. I get very close to 2000 (HT1000 speed in Kb/s) so to be exact.. Its 8 times faster and NOT 15

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

That I'm afraid is where we get into the "Hughes Speak" of the famous "Up To".
You just can't believe those folks !
What they really mean is "Up Yours"
It MAY be 15x faster than two soup cans connected by a damp string.

ltm
@direcway.com

ltm to diablo18926

Anon

to diablo18926
said by diablo18926:

Are you refering to the speed "15 Mb per second" ?

No, we must be looking at different threads. I was referring to the post by Steven Shook with a link to a HughesNet commercial on You Tube.

My comment included a link to a "Parody Ad," which is actually much more truthful than the real thing ...

Anyway, thanks for your clarification of bits and bytes. People often get this confused.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to gwalk

to gwalk
I'm not complaining(: 2mb/s is still good for me.. I don't care if i even still had that 170kb/s hughes gave us a long time ago when we very first got 7000.

As said before, as long as it works
ltm
join:2013-06-04

1 edit

ltm to ltm

to ltm
I just posted an update on the HughesNet forum:

"To continue the story: My Throttle Factor is now back up to 84, and we cannot load web pages in the evening.

Since I never heard back from Sara or Suz after my site visit, I will take that as conclusive evidence that my hypothesis is correct."

The full thread is here:

Let's see if this provokes a response ...

UPDATE: Lots of activity by Sara and Suz today, but no response here.
ltm

ltm

Another update on the same thread:

"Surprise! I posted this message yesterday, and today my Throttle Factor is back to ZERO!

Still no comment from Sara or Suz, however ..."

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

Still no comment from Sara or Suz, however ..."

There never will be one. In their minds your issue has been addressed. They have moved on...from their perspective you are only dragging mud onto the kitchen floor.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to ltm

to ltm
You gotta keep after them. When i addressed all the latest Gen4 outages they said they will call back and check if i am getting any connection and thats occured more than atleast 3 times! Did they ever call back? Nope.

Also I recommend getting your case # updated like 3 times or if more each day cause apparently they go out dated in no time

BTW getting good service here on beam 32 since the last outage.. Speeds are alright but have'nt seen max in a few days but i rarely need something downloaded from such a powerful/strong network like games through steam or music videos from YT.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

1 edit

gwalk

Premium Member

You gotta keep after them. When i addressed all the latest Gen4 outages they said they will call back and check if i am getting any connection and thats occured more than atleast 3 times! Did they ever call back? Nope.

Also I recommend getting your case # updated like 3 times or if more each day cause apparently they go out dated in no time

There is no point in the OP calling India to update. The DeskJockys in India haven't ever seen a 9000 system let alone try to decifer "Throttle Factor"

The OP in the beginnng was trying to make a correlation between poor performance and a rising throttle factor.
He was making "progress" until Patrick Fisher posted in a rather unusual tone (for him) that those values were not for the Unwashed Masses of mere mortal Hughes customers.

After that his posts were ignored, deleted or archived.

Just as a guess here, Hughes wants him (and everyone) to drink the Gen4 upgrade kool-aid.

The OPs thread has value as an exposa of Hughes practices but as to getting his issue resolved...they are done with him.
ltm
join:2013-06-04

ltm

Thanks, gwalk. You have summarized my position very well. I am not trying to get Sara or Suz to resolve my "issues". I am just trying to alert the unwary HughesNet consumer to the true source of their problems with terrible internet speeds. This runaround with Sara and Suz is a complete waste of time, but not everyone realizes this.

The fact that Sara insisted on a (complimentary) site visit, and then never responded once it became apparent that my local hardware was performing perfectly, just shows that I was right on target from the very beginning. Ditto with Patrick Fisher, who had ample opportunity to respond further.

If HughesNet would just admit that they have a problem, and make a commitment to fix it, I would be willing to give them some slack.

But these constant denials are unacceptable ...

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

I know just how you feel.
I have had more posts and usernames deleted / banned over there than you can shake a stick at.

I turned down a "free upgrade" and while I have backed off the posts over there I will continue to offer my view of the perils of doing business with Hughes.

They have in my experience lost any honesty they ever had.

While many have had issue with the original Wild Blue, most of the Exede customers report pretty good performance.

Some order Sat Internet with the expectations of it being like DSL or Cable....

For me, when my present system dies...for better or worse I'm going to try the "Other Guys"