uniqs

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to corster

Premium Member

to corster

Re: [DSL] Teksavvy won't submit 25/10 request to Bell, Help!

It won't let us out the order through... Ill get the gang to double check but I'd be happy to make you happy...

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by TSI Marc:

It won't let us out the order through... Ill get the gang to double check but I'd be happy to make you happy...

That's pretty pathetic... Isn't there a way to push it thru with the customer understanding that they may not get the full speed?

Bell has the maintenance profiles for a reason.
rockstead
join:2012-06-30
Pincourt, QC

rockstead to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Marc, thank you for your assistance. I received the following reply in the direct forum ten minutes after your reply, I'm unsure if this was the double check you referred to, but if it was, it didn't help, they didn't mention double checking anything.

I'm very interested in the maintenance profile Hivolt was kind enough to mention, I keep hearing members say Bell is able to place users on these type of profiles, shouldn't you be able to escalate with someone at Bell?

"From TSI Alan"

Your frustration is understandable. It is frustrating for us as well. At this time, Bell has clearly advised us that only lines capable of supporting
7-10Mb upload speeds will be accepted for the VDSL services. All orders not meeting that criteria will be rejected.

Our management team is continually working with our vendors to resolve various issues such as this. However, for the present time,
we must adhere to the 7-10Mb requirement.

Thank you for your understanding.

Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,"

FiberToTheX
Premium Member
join:2013-03-14

FiberToTheX

Premium Member

said by rockstead:

Marc, thank you for your assistance. I received the following reply in the direct forum ten minutes after your reply, I'm unsure if this was the double check you referred to, but if it was, it didn't help, they didn't mention double checking anything.

I'm very interested in the maintenance profile Hivolt was kind enough to mention, I keep hearing members say Bell is able to place users on these type of profiles, shouldn't you be able to escalate with someone at Bell?

"From TSI Alan"

Your frustration is understandable. It is frustrating for us as well. At this time, Bell has clearly advised us that only lines capable of supporting
7-10Mb upload speeds will be accepted for the VDSL services. All orders not meeting that criteria will be rejected.

Our management team is continually working with our vendors to resolve various issues such as this. However, for the present time,
we must adhere to the 7-10Mb requirement.

Thank you for your understanding.

Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,"

Obviously that's a new policy since previously if you met the requirement for Minimum upload for 25/10 (3Mbps) then they would have signed you up.

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith

Premium Member

said by FiberToTheX:

Obviously that's a new policy since previously if you met the requirement for Minimum upload for 25/10 (3Mbps) then they would have signed you up.

Until recently our qualification tool only showed us what download speed you qualified for. When we started being able to see upload as well we were reminding customers who qualified for less that less than 10 that it is "up to" 10 and that if once they are active the line stats look good we could try to get them more but it was very likely they'd not be able to receive more than X up.

I myself have told this to multiple customers. Then Bell started rejecting all these orders and told us we cannot do this (I don't know if they ever rejected an order for low upstream before we were able to see it on the qualifier, but if they did I never saw it).

The original communication that went to the floor stated we could not offer VDSL to customers who did not qualify for 10Mb up. We dug into this further and were told we could go as low as 7Mb upload.

Unfortunately at this time we simply cannot get anything lower than 7 accepted.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by TSI Keith:

The original communication that went to the floor stated we could not offer VDSL to customers who did not qualify for 10Mb up. We dug into this further and were told we could go as low as 7Mb upload.

Unfortunately at this time we simply cannot get anything lower than 7 accepted.

Sounds like Bell is up to its old tricks to me, some filings, or some regulatory smacking around might be in order. Considering they spent the last 5 or so years throttling your service, since when are the concerned about the quality you offer to your customers?

EQ