sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23

1 recommendation

reply to coma9

Re: [DC General] Folding@Home?

You sound experienced already, so probably all you need to know is that we are team 4. Yes, fourth team to sign up way back in the early moments of Folding@Home.
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

coma9

join:2013-02-05
United State

1 recommendation

I'm at work, so stuck behind a firewall at the moment, but if you want to check my stats, username is just Coma9, on team 420. I think I'm at 4 million points, but it's been a bit since I've actually checked.

I've got an AMD FX8150, clocked at 4.4Ghz 24/7, and on a day I'm home to babysit the machine, I'll throw it up to 4.8.
GTX660TI core clocked at I think 1200. Water cooled CPU, but at the time GPU is air cooled. Looking forward to climbing your leader boards over the next few months.

Icarus
Department Of Redundancy Department
Premium,Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center
kudos:1
said by coma9:

username is just Coma9, on team 420.

If you want to contribute to Team Helix you will need to change the team number to team 4. Also,edit your profile and answer the question " Why did I join Team Helix" and the team spinner will appear on your profile.

Glad to have you with us!
--
Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.
Team Helix- Folding@Home and Rosetta@Home

coma9

United State
said by Icarus:

If you want to contribute to Team Helix you will need to change the team number to team 4. Also,edit your profile and answer the question " Why did I join Team Helix" and the team spinner will appear on your profile.

Glad to have you with us!

Yeah once I get home later tonight I'll be switching over to your team. There isn't a lot of activity on Team 420 anymore, they used to have a good amount of people folding. Do you guys have a threat with everyones hardware and specs? I'd like to know what everyone else is running and what I'm up against

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod

1 recommendation

Hmmmm ... well ... you may want to spend some time reading this forum to make sure you're going to like us. We tend to be one for all and all for one here. The only sense of competition you'll see is purely jest.

We would say, come on up. You can have any seat you can take. It's all good with us.

Probably looking at the various third party stats would tell you most about how much folding power each member has. It changes depending on personal circumstances, but we mostly just do what we can for the greater cause.

»Team Helix Stat Pages
--

coma9

United State
said by sortofageek:

Hmmmm ... well ... you may want to spend some time reading this forum to make sure you're going to like us. We tend to be one for all and all for one here. The only sense of competition you'll see is purely jest.

»Team Helix Stat Pages

Meant to say "Do you guys have a thread* with everyones hardware and specs?", not threat lol. I'm a chill guy, nothing to worry about I just like to compare specs, and see what others are running. Just to get an idea of how much folding is being done and an estimate until I'm up at the top with you guys :P

Santa Fe
Man is an animal that wants to exist.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 recommendation

reply to coma9
Congrats, since you said your joining, I've added you to the Who's Who List:»Team Helix Members »Team Helix Member Names (A-H)
--
Explore Xubuntu. Like It? Install It. [Love It]!

coma9

United State
Thanks! When I get home in a few hours, I'll switch over the team number in FAH Control. So is this forum a good place to ask questions about Folding@Home? Like, troubleshooting, tips, stats, and hardware? Or is there another place for that? I used to use the Overclockers Forums.net site (I think is the site) but that was a while ago.

jaynick
lit up
Premium
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

said by coma9:So is this forum a good place to ask questions about Folding@Home?

Yep, the folks here are most helpful.

Santa Fe
Man is an animal that wants to exist.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to coma9
And if you're one of those who celebrate Birthdays, you can go here: »[Info] Team Helix Name Day/ Birthday List 2! and we'll add you to the list here:»Team Helix Members »Team Helix Birthdays

Just don't be expecting Birthday presents, we're a pretty cheap bunch here! (hehehe....Joking)
--
Explore Xubuntu. Like It? Install It. [Love It]!

coma9

United State

5 recommendations

reply to jaynick
Fantastic. I am very excited to be joining your team then!

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
reply to jaynick
said by jaynick:

said by coma9:So is this forum a good place to ask questions about Folding@Home?

Yep, the folks here are most helpful.

Agree and there are a number of people with serious equipment, experience in all flavors. It doesn't hurt, if you're technical, to keep an eye on topics of interest in the all-FAH folding community forum site here ---> »foldingforum.org/index.php?sid=2···b814bdee

We really try to keep that site team neutral so everyone can feel welcome.

Several of our members who are techie types monitor that forum and bring back the knowledge and news they find there to others of us here as needed.

--

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
reply to coma9
We don't have a thread like that, no, but some might find it fun, if hard to keep updated. Feel free to start one if you would like and we could then see if there is interest.

Some of us are running such puny old equipment we might not even remember what it is anymore, however.
--

coma9

United State
Started one, we'll see if it takes off

Gizmo
Trust Me I'm a Professional
Premium,MVM
join:2000-08-19
In Your Mind
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

2 recommendations

reply to coma9

said by coma9:

Do you guys have a threat?

Nah! Just a bunch of friendly faces... Welcome!!!
--
giz~

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod

1 recommendation

Oh.my.word!!! I cannot believe nobody thought to warn you about the CLOWN!

If you don't believe me, search the forum for giz~ and start opening posts that have attachments, particularly if they are not birthday or congratulatory posts!
--