spc
uniqs

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to Cho Baka

to Cho Baka

Re: TSI poster fail...

So what if he edits his posts? What are you trying to imply? I've been on forums where you can't go back and edit, its a pain when you've made glaring typos, grammar mistakes or any other kind of mistake in your post.

Marc implied in an earlier post its cheaper to have the posters picked up at your local post office than hand delivered door to door. I can see Canada Post charging more for this or discounting the rate for not asking for parcel delivery to the door. Considering these are free posters, I don't see the need to get into a big fuss about it.

At least CP has many post offices in any given city/town. I've had Purolator refuse to reschedule a delivery and make my go pick it up. There's only one location in London (they closed one that was more inside the city) way on the the eastern edge of the city that is really inconvenient to get to (and an area that is not pedestrian friendly).
Webslinger
Premium Member
join:2004-05-01

2 edits

Webslinger

Premium Member

said by TypeS:

Considering these are free posters, I don't see the need to get into a big fuss about it.

Exactly. It's a free poster. You can't complain about free.

However, I do have an issue with them forcing post office pickups on modem deliveries when I'm paying for shipping, but this will turn into a very long-winded debate (except to say, simply, that I'm recovering from a medical issue, and if you need my signature, it can be taken at the door without requiring me, in an injured state, to travel to the post office. If I'm not home when the delivery attempt is made, that's understandable if I have to go to the post office, but consider those that are disabled, recovering from injury, or something else. I'm not disabled, but I am recovering from a medical issue. So I had to get someone to go get the parcel for me, and it was an inconvenience for her. Teksavvy, to its credit, did something nice for my inconvenience. But no one, at any point, told me that I would be required to go to the post office. And I would be willing to pay more for shipping to get an item to my door instead of having to travel to a local post office).

If anyone disagrees with me, oh well, you disagree with me.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka

MVM

said by Webslinger:

And I would be willing to pay more for shipping to get an item to my door instead of having to travel to a local post office).

As would I.
said by Webslinger:

If anyone disagrees with me, oh well, you disagree with me.

On this point I agree.