how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Wyngs

join:2010-02-20
Coos Bay, OR

[HN9000] Effectively no internet...

from 3PM pacific till after 10PM. Obviously congestion. It took me several tries to get to here at 7:17PM.

Peculiar, while it is like this most nights, last night I had very few problems.

Not sure who's looking at my satellite, but when the east coast gets off work things go to hell, and stay that way until the west coast is going to bed.

gwalk
Premium
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.
The Hughes ground facilities are just overloaded. My bet is its going to stay that way.

isp10002

join:2012-10-24
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Dish Network
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to Wyngs
Trust me hugnesnet has NO intension of fixing congestion, if you want good internet go to a wireless internet service, if verizons 4g is in your area go switch to it but your looking at higher prices and lower caps, 3g buffers on video but is acceptable. Thats what i did for 4 years before getting dsl. If you do not want to switch to a wireless service i'd say get excede or viasat or dish network.

dMarks
Melting Faces For Fun
Premium
join:2007-02-09
Jackson, MI
said by isp10002:

If you do not want to switch to a wireless service i'd say get excede or viasat or dish network.

Dish network uses Hughesnet. My dad just got sat internet through dish and it was Hughes that installed. Just an FYI.
--
Windows 7 64 Professional|AMD FX 8150|Asus Crosshair Formula V Motherboard|8GB G.Skill Sniper Series 1866 DDR3 RAM|EVGA GTX560 Ti (Fermi) DS SuperClocked x2|Corsair CMPSU 850HX 850w Modular|Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 Case

JSheridan

join:2006-07-03
USA
said by dMarks:

said by isp10002:

If you do not want to switch to a wireless service i'd say get excede or viasat or dish network.

Dish network uses Hughesnet. My dad just got sat internet through dish and it was Hughes that installed. Just an FYI.

Dish resells both HughesNet and Exede and re-brands them both as 'Dishnet'. It depends on where you are and who your retailer is as to what you get.