uniqs
share rss forum feed

alexintexas

join:2003-01-11
San Antonio, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

[TWC] TWC injecting pop-up ads on TV now

1st game on FSSW spurs v lakers FSSW broke to local commercial,,an ad for lawyer services,,,,TWC injected a pop-up ad stating something or another and to press A for more information about the services from the lawyers firm

did not care for it so i didnt push it,,,,anyone else been seeing this?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11
Been around for a while here.

Hob

alexintexas

San Antonio, TX
so have i....was puzzled to say the least now if TWC does this during commercial breaks i dont care. do this over programming, i will switch video providers

Satch

join:2009-11-25
If you have Navigator as your guide and turn off Interactive Pop Up, would this kill those ads or not? If not, what does turning off the Interactive Pop Up in Navigator accomplish?

Satch

alexintexas

San Antonio, TX
ODIN vers. 6.0.0.19
ODIN bloader vers 6.0.0.20

i dont watch much catv i have only seen one and on that one channel. and like i said i could care less as long as its not done during programming...should have pushed A LOL

Satch

join:2009-11-25
Years ago,

I remember once in a blue moon there would be local interactive ads from TWC sometimes on the old Preview Guide Channel (Channel 2) and it would say "B" if you want more information sent about this service. Press "A" to Cancel. It's been years. Back when we still had the Passport Guide.

Satch

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to alexintexas
I have started seeing this here. It ends up being questions, I remember the most recent being What favorite Maine food do you look forward to this summer. Sort of neat technology and I suppose they are just getting us used to it. As long as it doesnt become intrusive I don't mind.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

G0d

join:2012-11-29
reply to alexintexas
Get used to it pal. The way of the world. Content providers currently do it and soon so will your video provider. If nobody wants to watch commercials during the breaks then they are just going to insert into the show.

PamelaTS

join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX
reply to alexintexas
doesn't happen with cable card devices i.e. TiVo

mikemikey

join:2005-06-28
Fallbrook, CA
reply to alexintexas
They also have pop up ads for local colleges and lawyers during the Jerry Springer show.

Very annoying!