spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

thesekhon99

join:2013-04-27

Bell Connection Hub Bridge Mode

I have a Bell Connection Hub, a Cisco Valet M10 router and a VOIP phone box. I want to setup a bridge so my Cisco Valet router can receive signal from the Bell Connection Hub and provide service for the VOIP box. Can someone please provide step by step instructions? I was looking through the forums but I couldn't find anything that satisfied my needs.

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
Connect your network cable from LAN1 on the Connection Hub to the WAN port on your router. Then enter your PPPoE login info.

thesekhon99

Where do I enter the PPPoE login info. in? In the Valet's settings? What do I select when I enter the settings? That I'm entering it as PPPoE? Also doesn't my Connection Hub need to be in bridge mode for that?

BliZZardX
Premium
Toronto, ON

1 edit
Yes PPPoE in the Cisco. Maybe refer to your Cisco manual how to do that.

The Connection Hub doesn't need to be set in bridge mode, it supports both routing and bridging on the LAN ports simultaneously

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
Premium,MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada
kudos:8
reply to thesekhon99
Yes you can do that as long as you are not a "single" static IP customer...who can only log in with one device at a time.

BliZZardX
Premium
Toronto, ON
In your Connection Hub system log you should see "PPPoE Passthrough session opened"

Doesn't Bell still do static IPs on PPPoE?
--
Fiber Optics are the future of high-speed internet access. Stop by the BBR »Fiber Optic Forum.

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
Premium,MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
Yes Bell still has single static IPs on PPPoE but some people forget they can only log in with a single device...be it the Bell modem or their router. If they forget the modem is connected they won't be able to obtain an IP with the same user name and password (PPPoE) in their device.
--
My Canada includes Quebec.
Disclaimer: If I express an opinion, it is my own opinion, not that of Bell or its related companies.

thesekhon99

reply to BliZZardX
Where would it say "PPPoE Passthrough session opened" ? I cannot find it on my connection hub page...

BliZZardX
Premium
Toronto, ON
Device Status Management > Status Logs

It will show up when a device behind the Connection Hub is dialing a PPPoE connection.

thesekhon99

It doesn't say PPPoE on the Connection Hub but when I log onto the router it says that it's connected using PPPoE.. This is odd...

t0xicCode

join:2008-12-27
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to thesekhon99
Here is what I used to setup the Sagemcom and my personal router:

1. Connect the DSL & Power cables to the sagemcom.
2. Press and hold the reset button (for about 10 seconds) under the sagemcom to reset its settings to factory default.
3. Connect power to the personal router.
4. Connect a ethernet cable from LAN1 on the sagemcom to WAN on the router.
5. Connect my computer to the personal router.
6. Navigate to the router configuration page, find the page to input WAN connection settings.
7. Set the WAN connection to PPPoE, using the b1AAAA## as username and the passowrd as password.
8. Save and enjoy!