dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
« My Cable Problems
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 59 · 60 · 61 · 62 · 63 · 64 · 65 ... 198 · 199 · 200 · next
frankn
join:2013-10-11
Shenandoah, PA

frankn to Jed1

to Jed1

Re: Service Electric Cablevision News

Click for full size
You got me beat.
Jed1
join:2012-01-14
Frackville, PA

1 edit

Jed1 to JoeKustra

to JoeKustra
Joe,
Can you look in the DVR diagnostics of your TiVos and look at what you have for "Channel List Received" and "VCT ID". If I recall it should say "Yes" and "3010".
Right now I have "No" and "-".

I have called SECV but they are swamped with calls so I was told to call back on Thursday. Of course if I lose my channels they want me to call right away.
I sure hope I do not have to get TiVo involved as I have a sinking feeling that this is where this is going.

Speed still holding up 28.65 down and 1.98 up.
JoeKustra
join:2013-06-04
Ashland, PA

JoeKustra

I have "YES" and 3010. My earlier post was not on speed but channels. I'm getting some jitter now, but still above 14 meg. I checked my Premiere and its OOB SNR is 3 db. My Roamio is 360 db. I don't think I should trust those numbers.
Jed1
Frackville, PA

Jed1 to andrewc2

to andrewc2
Wow! I figured Blue Ridge would be a 865Mhz system. I was told that the Mahanoy City system will go from being the bottom of the barrel to the cream on the top once the Delano Hub is fully implemented.

Yea, my upstream levels are on the need to be looked at list. They were at 46dBmV before the adjustments were made. I just had this fixed last fall.
Jed1

Jed1 to frankn

to frankn
I see your time is 8 hours ahead also. Those channels were the same we had here, except we only had two upstream channels. Your signal levels are perfect.

From my understanding you will be moved into the Delano Hub when the Mahanoy system is done. Hazleton customers are also getting moved so maybe that is when they move the Shen Heights customers.

andrewc2
join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA

andrewc2 to Jed1

to Jed1
Click for full size
Oh no, I'm not on Blue Ridge, I've got Optimum (Cablevision).

However my church does have Blue Ridge and it looks to be 1ghz based on these channels.
Jed1
Frackville, PA

Jed1 to JoeKustra

to JoeKustra
Thanks Joe. I had to edit my post as 3010 is the correct number. I knew I had wrote it down but I found it after I made the post to you.
Sorry about the confusion I had to many things going on this morning. As you can see I have 16 downstream channels and 4 upstream channels.

Reboot your boxes as I had to do mine. When the adjustments were made to the amp outside my house my OOB SNR was pegged at 55dBmV. A reboot brought it back down to 40dBmV.
Since this is the last day of the month and the change over was done, I did my monthly reboot of all my equipment.
JoeKustra
Ashland, PA
ARRIS SB8200

JoeKustra

Nothing changed after a reboot, but I didn't expect anything. If you have improved I will call SE and see if I can get a better date for the upgrade. In my location I wonder if I will be bypassed. There's five SSID signatures on the 2.4GHz band, but they probably don't notice. I feel so alone.
Jed1
Frackville, PA

Jed1 to andrewc2

to andrewc2
My mistake, I assumed you were Blue Ridge when I seen your location. I do not understand why the big boys do not upgrade to 865Mhz or 1Ghz systems. Pottsville is only 750Mhz and is run by Comcast.

I just had my first T3 timeout. This is usually a symptom of high upstream levels. This is what I suffered through for years until they fixed the line in front of my house and readjusted the amp.
Jed1

Jed1 to JoeKustra

to JoeKustra
I think you are fed out of Ashland. I think the old Ashland Hub is somewhere on Hoffman Boulevard. So I think you will be upgraded when they do Ashland so hang in there.

Frackville was in deplorable shape so it had to be done right away.

andrewc2
join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA

andrewc2 to Jed1

to Jed1
Yeah Blue Ridge services Milford and beyond, and I'm okay with that because I'm not a fan of PTD, my internet is much faster for less money. 50/25 over provisioned to 60/30 for only $55 with TV service.

This system was rebuilt in the early 2000's when they bought Biondo Investments' "Matamoras Video and Cable" so I'm not sure why they only built it to 750Mhz to begin with.

Troubling that a brand new system is already running to high, hopefully they'll get those amps readjusted quick.
JoeKustra
Ashland, PA

JoeKustra to Jed1

to Jed1
My download speed has already dropped below 6 meg. Time to watch TV.
Jed1
Frackville, PA

Jed1 to andrewc2

to andrewc2
That is around the same time SECO upgraded to 865Mhz. The plan back then was all the digital services, including VOD, would go above channel 80. 80 and below was the analog domain.
Unfortunately, the digital rollout was extremely slow, especially HD and VOD. We finally got VOD in December of 2009.

The high signal level is on the to do list. Hopefully I can convince them to send someone to adjust it.
Jed1

Jed1 to JoeKustra

to JoeKustra
28.56 down and 2 up at 6:00 PM. If this holds out I might be able to use my Amazon Prime in the evening. I had to wait until after midnight to watch anything. By that time I was mostly falling asleep.

One thing I hope is gone is the quick tears in WYOU HD. I will find out tonight when NCIS comes on.

Maybe SECV should give out tee shirts with "WE Love the Hub" on them.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream to Jed1

MVM

to Jed1
Yeah blue ridge is 1 GHz. All CCOR delivery system with Cisco based headend / CPE.

So Jed how many homes do you think those new nodes serve? What's with the abnormally low speed tiers with all those RF channels? When TWC rolls out 16X4 bonding it's a precursor to their max 300mbps tier.

I'd like to see the speeds increased to where at least 50 meg is the baseline, with upgrades to 100 meg and beyond. If the FCC db is right, nodes serve about 58 homes. Considering 1. Not all 58 homes have service and 2. Not all people download at the same time, and 3. 16x4 bonding... There should be NO ISSUE to deploy newer speeds.
Jed1
Frackville, PA

Jed1

It is hard to estimate the number of homes to each node here in Frackville. I do know that there is about 1100 homes with in the boroughs border. Then you have the Frackville homes that are in Butler township on the west side and the Frackville homes in West Mahanoy Township on the east side.

I would estimate that there is about 200 homes that can be on my node. Looking at the number of homes that are empty and those that have satellite and Verizon for internet, I would estimate about 100 homes on my node.

One of the biggest problem in Frackville is all the traffic had to go through the building that I posted pictures of. After that then it went to the old Bears Head building.
The upgrade to DOCSIS 3.0 did in this set up as it was not worth the money to buy new hardware for all these old sites.
Also SECV did not get Bears Head in the sale. This caused some unnecessary friction.
Also I understand that the previous governor may have caused a SNAFU with the new Delano Hub concerning right a ways along state roads. This delayed the opening of the Hub so it was not ready to go when the upgrade came.

I think we will see some hefty upgrades in the speeds once all the updates are done. They want to do this across the whole company instead of piece meal.
I do agree that 50 to 100 meg should be the baseline once they are done with this.
Jed1

Jed1

Not bragging but I got 28.6 down and 1.99 up at 8:00 PM. Jitter is 1ms and latency is 9ms. So far so good.
You got to love the Hub!!!!!!!

cypherstream
MVM
Reading, PA

cypherstream

MVM

Nice!

25/2 package
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 94838339

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to Jed1

to Jed1
said by Jed1:

Once all the Mahanoy City customers are changed over to the Delano Hub then they are moving up to 1 Ghz. They should be done sometime in the summer. All Motorola STBs from the DCX 3400 and down will be replaced. Also all modems that are not DOCSIS 3.0 will be replaced.

I got an additional 8 downstream channels this morning. The first 8 are 735Mhz to 777Mhz. The additional 8 are 783Mhz to 825Mhz. I gained two more upstream channels for a total of 4 upstream channels, 23Mhz, 27Mhz, 32Mhz, and 38.5 Mhz.
I figure if SECV can do this then TWC can also do it.

DCX3200 and DCX3400 boxes are 1GHz capable along with MPEG4 capable so they wouldn't need to be removed.
JoeKustra
Ashland, PA
ARRIS SB8200

JoeKustra to Jed1

to Jed1
said by Jed1:

Not bragging but I got 28.6 down and 1.99 up at 8:00 PM. Jitter is 1ms and latency is 9ms. So far so good.
You got to love the Hub!!!!!!!

You're bragging. [sob]
JoeKustra

JoeKustra to Jed1

to Jed1
I called SE this morning. I asked when Ashland will be made as nice as Frackville. She didn't have a schedule, but indicated that we are next. I won't give up hope quite yet. I wouldn't mind getting Amazon also, but not with my nightly speed drop.
Jed1
Frackville, PA

Jed1 to cypherstream

to cypherstream
I just ran a SECV speed test and I get a stable 28.90 down and 2.02 up. Jitter is 1ms and latency is 9ms.
The OOkla speed test I got 28.94 down and 1.98 up. The tests now run smooth with no variations.
Jed1

Jed1 to motorola870

to motorola870
Correct but those boxes are going to be removed any way. SECO only had a couple hundred DCX 3400 in use before the sale. Once SECV took over they started rolling out the RNG200 and RNG 110 Pace units.
Right now they are rolling out a lot of DTA and HD DTAs to marginal customers. This way if they have to disconnect they are not out a lot of money if they do not get the DTA's back.
Jed1

Jed1 to JoeKustra

to JoeKustra
I am still in disbelief that the internet issues are fixed. Between that and another long frigid winter it is nice to see things looking up for once.
The only problem that now exists is the missing VCT ID data in the OOB messages. This is not going to be an easy thing to get them to fix. They told me to call back on Thursday if the data does not show up. So I know tomorrow is going to be an interesting day.
tytanic110
join:2004-08-04
Reading, PA

tytanic110 to Jed1

to Jed1
Does anyone know when I might expect to see 16 channel bonding in Birdsboro? Speeds are fine most of the time, slow somewhat at peak times. Loving the 100mb service so far.

Jed1
Frackville, PA

Jed1 to JoeKustra

to JoeKustra
Yea streaming Amazon was a fruitless idea under the circumstances that existed in Frackville. It worked very well after midnight when the traffic was low.
I see more tickets for Frackville. There is also one on the 7th for maintenance at the Delano Hub. It states that internet service will be interrupted tween 4 AM and 6 AM.
What I am wondering now is when will I be upgraded to the internet speeds that Hazleton customers has.
Jed1

Jed1 to tytanic110

to tytanic110
You will have to keep an eye on the tickets that SECV opens for upgrades and maintenance in the Birdsboro system.
»www.engr.ptd.net/ticket/ ··· view.cgi
Jed1

Jed1

Click for full size
DVR Diagnostics OOB Frequency
Click for full size
CableCard OOB Messages
Here is my new problem. With the change over to the Delano Hub, there is no VCT messages being broadcasted in the OOB frequency. This is the virtual channel table. I still have the VCT from Bears Head yet so I still have a working channel map. The channel map from the Hazleton head end is the same.
My worry is if the message has to be refreshed every so often that once it expires I will lose all the channels on my TiVo.
Also if the CableCard gets reset it will not receive a channel list so I will have no working channels.

I did call on Tuesday but it appeared that SECV did not want to deal with it because of the call volume related to the change over to the HUB for some Frackville residents. They also did another node today so they asked me to call in on Thursday if this status does not change.
I know it will not change as they are not broadcasting the VCT with their OOB messages.

I am expecting them to either do nothing, or make the suggestion to replace my cards, or blame it on TiVo and to call them. Hopefully I can convince them to just take a look at the OOB messages to fill in the missing data.
JoeKustra
Ashland, PA
ARRIS SB8200

JoeKustra to Jed1

to Jed1

Re: New channels

Trust SE to keep us guessing. Last week I did a rescan and found, besides the analog, only one digital. This morning I replaced my mother's TV and did a scan. It found those analog plus:
8.604 Info
26.3605 Sportsman SD 16:9
26.3607 HRTV SD
36.2 Sportsman HD
37.1 Fishing HD
78.2 Racing HD
79.6 Fishing SD 16:9
91.1303 Racing SD
I love it.

cypherstream
MVM
Reading, PA

cypherstream

MVM

What is racing hd? Is Fishing the World Fishing Network? These would be new adds that were just put on but not encrypted yet? Aren't there some premium free trials this weekend? If so they should come up in a scan as well.
« My Cable Problems
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 59 · 60 · 61 · 62 · 63 · 64 · 65 ... 198 · 199 · 200 · next