old_tech
Premium Member
join:2013-03-31
Springfield, IL

old_tech to joeg5624

Premium Member

to joeg5624

Re: Insurance fraud please help

If the OP Insurance is not able to reach them, they will end up sending a summons to have them appear in court or at their office, then take it from there.

Most will settle when it comes to the point that they cannot get the OP to cooperate. You really at this point should be talking to a lawyer, for your rights, due to the third party is being uncooperative with the insurance companies.
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

1 recommendation

tcope

Premium Member

said by old_tech:

If the OP Insurance is not able to reach them, they will end up sending a summons to have them appear in court or at their office, then take it from there.

Most will settle when it comes to the point that they cannot get the OP to cooperate. You really at this point should be talking to a lawyer, for your rights, due to the third party is being uncooperative with the insurance companies.

Sorry but this is 100% incorrect. I could go on and on about why but I'll just say, your own insurance company will not file suit and serve a summons on their own insured. What they _may_ do is reserve their right to deny their own insured coverage if he/she does not cooperate and they they _may_ deny coverage based on this. In effect, leaving the other party to file suit against the at fault party. If the carriers own insured then decides to cooperate, they will usually provide coverage (unless they can show they were harmed by the failure to cooperate.

I can tell you I've denied coverage on a lot of claims where my own insured decided he/she had better things to do then to pick up the phone and speak to me.