Elder God
Premium Member
join:2002-05-14
Troy, IL

fnord76 to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer

Re: DSLR Minecraft server

Ha, Ha, Ha guys. I loaded up this morning and my bed is floating in the middle of my lake. Nice one. Just like summer camp.

Ray
Mahnahmahna
Premium Member
join:2001-04-02

Ray to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
What happened to the server today? My daughter and I were playing all morning then got disconnected. Couldn't reconnect. Tried an hour or so later and got on, but all our inventory is gone and our ender chests are EMPTY! :'( Some of our recent building has been reverted as well. We respawned back at the original spawn point, too, instead of our beds.

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
join:2000-09-13
Belen, NM

1 edit

ironweasel

Premium Member

Click for full size
No idea.

I haven't been on at all today - until now to check my stuff.

Doesn't look like any of my stuff is missing and all of my buildings and whatnot are exactly as I left them.

Edit:
Wonder if this big-ass hole outside your door has anything to do with it. I fired some flaming arrows down into the hole and they just glitched once they hit a point about halfway down.

Ray
Mahnahmahna
Premium Member

Ray

Premium Member

Yeah, we noticed that chunk missing when we trekked back from the spawn point.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Might need to restart the server.....
neonhomer

neonhomer

Premium Member

Grumble.... I don't know what the deal is... but I am working on it.

Try to stay off the server until I can get it fixed. I will post here when it is back up.
neonhomer

1 edit

neonhomer

Premium Member

Okay DSLR peeps.... The server is back up and running.

Two problems. One - The server was reporting a mis-located chunk. Unfortunately, there was no way to fix it but to delete the missing chunk. I'm not sure what was lost, but I hope it was not a lot.

Two - For some reason, the game is reporting the wrong location of mobs... both friendly and hostile. I see this happening around the same time a chunk becomes mis-located.

So... With that in mind, if you see this again, please let me know via IM as soon as you can so I can try to fix it. Hopefully it happens in unpopulated or unbuilt areas... I'm going to have to take backups of the server in case this happens again. Of course, I need to find out WHY it is happening in the first place. I don't know if it is a glitch, or if the server is being griefed.

For those who want access.... If you are a new user to DSLR, you will need to provide some kind of proof that you are not just here to screw with the server. MinecraftForum username, screenshots of builds (with your character in the shot displaying your username), etc etc. The members here put a lot of time into their builds, and I don't want to see it get wrecked because you think it is funny.

This is a WHITELIST Server. For access, I will need your Minecraft username to add to the list. Please be patient with requests, as I get to them as soon as I can.

Ray
Mahnahmahna
Premium Member

Ray

Premium Member

Thanks, neonhomer See Profile! Seems like it was just a glitch. If somebody was messing with it, they would have probably reset ALL users, not just the two that were on. We'll come back and finish our house, even if we have to fill in the hole by hand.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Two new users to the server... iTripDinosaurs and iiBlondieBear.... They are my nieces.... Also, iLykeBewbiez is a new user as well.. he's my son... They are held to the same rules as anyone else.

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
Belen, NM

ironweasel

Premium Member

I have a small favor I need to ask....

Got lost in the Nether - again - can someone go through the portal by my house and then post the coords for the portal in the Nether?

WireHead
I drive to fast
Premium Member
join:2001-05-09
Muncie, IN

WireHead

Premium Member

What happens if you build a nether portal inside the nether?

Ray
Mahnahmahna
Premium Member

Ray

Premium Member

said by WireHead:

What happens if you build a nether portal inside the nether?

It will link to the closest surface portal within range, or create a new surface portal if there are no qualifying existing candidates.

»www.minecraftwiki.net/wi ··· d_Nether
Ray

Ray to ironweasel

Premium Member

to ironweasel
said by ironweasel:

I have a small favor I need to ask....

Got lost in the Nether - again - can someone go through the portal by my house and then post the coords for the portal in the Nether?

The portal under my house is at -74x 52y 29z in the nether. The one by your house comes out at the same place.

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
Belen, NM

ironweasel

Premium Member

Thanks Ray.

Now I need to see how far I wandered away...think I'm at -200x and somewhere around -650z.

I was chasing a bunch of Ghasts trying to get their tears. Although, I did find another Nether Fortress in the process.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

I built a nether portal under my house, and end up coming through someone else's portal when I come back out.

I was working on building a rail line to the nether fortress, but I started collecting glowstone instead...

Ray
Mahnahmahna
Premium Member

Ray to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
My daughter and I finally finished our house, on the hill above the big village. Feel free to stop by and check it out. Big-screen TV in the basement rec room, next to storage.

I imagine they'll probably despawn, but we walked a couple of silvervish back from the stronghold and put them in a pen and named them. They are upstairs by the balcony if you want to visit. Toss 'em some rotten flesh.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Dunno if anyone reads the messages that pop up on the launcher, but I guess Mojang will be using a new launcher on the 1.6 update.

So. The question is... Do we upgrade the server to 1.6 as soon as it comes out, or do we wait a few days??

Ray
Mahnahmahna
Premium Member

Ray

Premium Member

Since the clients are usually set to auto-update, I'd say go ahead and update it.

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
Belen, NM

ironweasel

Premium Member

said by Ray:

Since the clients are usually set to auto-update, I'd say go ahead and update it.

I second this motion.

Ray
Mahnahmahna
Premium Member

Ray

Premium Member

Yep, and it never hurts to take a backup first just in case...

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
Belen, NM

ironweasel

Premium Member

Ray / Dbugg:

Went over and checked out your house today. Pretty cool setup with the storage chests - think I might have to copy that idea of stacking them. Refrigerator was pretty cool too (pun intended).

The 2 Silverfish are still there as well.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

FYI - You can now download the 1.6 Prerelease w/ the new launcher from Mojang's website (Not minecraft.net).

The new launcher allows you to run older versions. I set up a profile to run 1.5.2 and was able to log into the server without an issue.

PC Version:

»s3.amazonaws.com/Minecra ··· raft.exe

Others: Head to »mojang.com and you can download a Mac and Linux version as well.

The server is still on 1.5.2 until the official release.
neonhomer

neonhomer

Premium Member

Ladies and gents of the DSLR Minecraft server: Mojang is going to officially release Minecraft 1.6 on July 1st (Monday).

I will not be able to update the server until 6-7 PM Eastern. If I can get to it earlier, or when I get done, I will post here when the server is updated.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76 to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
Downloaded the new patch this morning. The login is different. Not sure what the profiles are for. Gonna have to see if there is a way for auto logon once the launcher is opened.

I got to play for an hour after patching which did not take long at all. The Game itself is the same. There is now more item information on it which is cool. I seemed to have a lot of difficulty at night.

The first day, I was able to build a wood hut w a crafting table and doors. Then the first night came the enemies...I stayed in my cabin since I had basic stuff. I heard the zombies coming as usual and had no trouble dispatching the 2 that showed up at my doorstep. I had trouble when the first creeper came to my door and I didn't back up far enough. It blew a hole in my wall and then another creeper blew that hole deeper. I died with that one. I then re-spawned by muy house and promptly came back to it to try and get my stuff. 20 paces and I encountered 2 more zombies on my way which knocked me into the pit the creepers created and I died. I rezzed again and tried to get to the pit again to meet 3 more zombies that killed me in the pit with the other 2already in there. This pattern continued on 3 more times until I had a pit of 8 zombies and 1 skeleton with 3 zombies chasing me around the pit. Once morning came I was able to dispatch the 3 chasing me and the rest in the pit without little trouble. I rebuilt my hut and filled in some of the hole. I'm not sure what happened there but that was too many creatures on my property in 1 night.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

The server is now running 1.6.1....

The profiles are so you can run different versions. So if you wanted to run 1.5.2 for a server, you could, or if you want to run the latest snapshot for single player, but still be able to play on a server.

As for the mob-fest.... With more and more caves being lit up, the more and more mobs there will be on the surface.

Also, the "Social Zombies" that are now in the game... when you kill a zombie, it will call for help from any zombie within a certain range, even causing zombies to spawn in the vicinity. It makes zombies a whole lot more interesting...

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

So it's like the Pig Knights. Going to be more difficult doing a loot pickup with a couple dozen Zombies waiting on you. Gonna have to make sure to drop off more items in chests. Time to upgrade to ender chests then, which means it's time to hunt endermen now...
Tougen
join:2011-12-02
Fort Benning, GA

Tougen to neonhomer

to neonhomer
My user name is jkamoors can i get an add and the ip?

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

1 edit

neonhomer to fnord76

Premium Member

to fnord76
Yeah... Just like the zombie pigmen....

A lot of people are saying it makes the game challenging again, making it difficult to survive the first night.

I survive the first night by going underground ASAP!

EDIT - I could have sworn I put a copy of a half-way rule list up here somewhere... Maybe I drafted it and never finished it.

Here they are:

BIGGEST RULE - NO GRIEFING!!!!!!

* Don't steal
* Don't build on other's projects without their permission.
* Please completely chop down trees. (If the leaves will auto-despawn, that's fine.)
* Try to fill in creeper divots. They don't have to be perfect, but try to use the same material as the surrounding area.

There are no requirements on build style or theme. This is just a server for people to get on to have fun.

Also, it would help if you are a seasoned member of DSLR. If you are under two years of membership or have little to no posts, please be prepared to prove you aren't here just to screw with the server. Screenshots of your work in a single player game (with your character and screen name visible) will work, or if you have other credible info.

Ray
Mahnahmahna
Premium Member

Ray to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
The new zombie behavior is awesome/vexing! I shot one from my roof, and a group of three came after me. After I killed them, I had to run from door to door, killing about six more. I need to upload a Klingon skin for my avatar! Haha!

P.S. R.I.P. Geoff and Kevin the silverfish. I understand that the new nametags will keep a mob from despawning. Hopefully not just passive. I'll have to try that.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76 to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
Are the pig knights now aggressive? I just went in to pick up some glow dust and the first one I encountered killed me.