Premium Member
join:2000-09-13
Belen, NM

1 edit

ironweasel to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer

Re: DSLR Minecraft server

If you stand at the front door of the "hut" at the starting location and look straight ahead, you'll see my little shack. Feel free to stop by sometime.....I'll be terraforming a massive wheat farm nearby.

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium Member
join:2008-10-22
Mesa, AZ

aelingil

Premium Member

Yeah i saw it I was shocked you found sand stone so quickly lol

If you head back to the Left (looking at the entrance. You will head back to the staring area & the lights pointing to the Villages.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
join:2002-05-14
Troy, IL

fnord76 to ironweasel

Premium Member

to ironweasel
That's where I got trapped by the horde of undead since there was no door. What is up with the signs on the outside?

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
Belen, NM

ironweasel

Premium Member

said by fnord76:

That's where I got trapped by the horde of undead since there was no door. What is up with the signs on the outside?

I've been busy with terraforming for my farm...haven't done any mining yet, so no iron for a door (wood doors don't look as cool).

Sign is just so everyone knows whose hut they found.
ironweasel

ironweasel

Premium Member

Alright.

I have the majority of my wheat farm up and running as well as a small pumpkin and sugar cane farm and even a small forest. If you guys need anything, feel free to take some from the fields, but please only take what you need and leave the actual plant intact.

If you chop a tree or trees for wood, do me a favor and either replant the saplings or place them in the chest I have left out. Same thing with the wheat seeds - either replant them or put them in the chest. With the sugar cane, leave the bottom 1/3 of the cane so it will regrow. Pumpkins, just leave the stalk.

WireHead
I drive to fast
Premium Member
join:2001-05-09
Muncie, IN

WireHead

Premium Member

I don't know why I had not tried this before. I play on a server I host in my own rack at work, with my two kids, but have not even played with TNT..

Based on the comment about 256 blocks.. etc.. so I did this.. in a very deep mine..

Impressive.

Most impressive.

My two girls stood up from their chairs and began jumping like little beans with their arms raised in the air like some kind of rock concert. It was a solid 10 minutes before we got back to playing the game. There was a crap ton of loot, I'm sure we didn't get it all.

On an aside; I've got some pretty hot physical hardware hosting the MC server on 5.2 and it sometimes lags. Even older versions did this. Weird block lag where you can see really deep into the ground or under water and the occasional disconnect. We've been playing a year or so on this map and it's only slightly developed lol.. Was hoping someone knew something.

It's behind NAT on a VLAN (used as DMZ) but I've also had it with a public to bypass the ASA's.. didn't matter a bit.. I don't have anyone using it but me and the kids.

If any MC guru out there has and idea let me know please.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Okay guys... I'm trying to decide if I want to do "spawn requests". Basically spawn in items for people. There would be limits on what could be spawned in, and how often.

Also.. I have to admit... I think I screwed up. When I set up this world, I set Large Biomes to ON. I don't know why I did that, but it should be set to OFF/Default. Bad thing is I don't think I can change it back without having to restart the map.

WireHead
I drive to fast
Premium Member
join:2001-05-09
Muncie, IN

WireHead

Premium Member

You can't. You have to reset the map. AFAIK large biomes is just a 4x increase of the map axis in all directions. Resulting in a world 16x the regular size.

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium Member
join:2008-10-22
Mesa, AZ

aelingil to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
No the biome is set, and changing it will reset the map.

However I think we have found each Biome we would need. I have run into Desert, Swamp Forest & Plains.. I think Iron said he ran into Jungle, so we have access to that too. It is a bit of a run but we should have everything we need.

My wife already has multi-color wools at the village. Plus there is a forest close to the village, also a large body of water. The only thing not really close is the jungle. (well from the village..)

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

That's what I thought...

I need to start setting up farms and such, but I've been busy lighting up caves and making tunnels. There is a mine entrance behind the mountain my base is in, and I've been building a passthrough tunnel to it.

I need to get working on my main base.

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium Member
join:2004-02-14
EC/SETX SWLA

atuarre to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
Are there a lot of people participating? I would be interested in playing if there were a few people that were on most of the time. An empty minecraft server is lonely and downright scary at night.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Not counting myself, and the guy who gave me the server, there is 9 people in the whitelist.

If you want to log in and look around, send me an IM with your Minecraft name, and I will give you the IP.

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
Belen, NM

ironweasel to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
I found the Taiga biome last night. It's quite a bit south of where we're all gathered at...like 1200 blocks or so.

Still haven't found a jungle biome yet though.

Ray
Mahnahmahna
Premium Member
join:2001-04-02

1 edit

Ray to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
My daughter and I got on this weekend. She started building one of her grand houses... this one is of brick and nether quartz. We found a stronghold/end portal, too, by chance. (RayTeam & DBugg)

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

Wow, nice exploring. I have not gone too far past our starting location. I have been building gravel roads from the spawn point to the village aelingil See Profile found, but have not made it there yet. There is another cave system along the path as well that is marked. the path happens to be along my home because I built close to one of the original torch markers. Iron weasel was nice enough to tunnel from his place to mine. Who built close to the village, and where is everyone else?

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

There is a mineshaft near (I guess) the spawnpoint. There is two doors in the side of the mountain. I'm on the other side of that mountain. If you follow the lower door in, up the stairs, around the corner, and up the stairs again, and then out and down the stairs, you will be at my base....

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
Belen, NM

ironweasel to fnord76

Premium Member

to fnord76
I plan on having all of our "houses" connected at some point...or at least to an area nearby.

Only problem is that mineshaft near the spawn point connects to 2 separate cave systems and one of those cave systems leads to a big chasm. I was in that system several times over the weekend and was still finding new places I hadn't been yet.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

1 edit

fnord76 to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
I almost have the road complete. I got it up to Ray See Profile & DBugg's construction site and have the trench dug to the town but ran out of gravel. I tried to find neonhomer See Profile at the beginning and could not find the location. I found a couple of holes in the ground with torches and stairs and fences but no doors.
I want to say that someone played a mean trick by putting in that waterfall at the starter home. I followed it down, to find no way back up and spent an hour trying to find a way back. I wound up creating a path along the chasm all the way back to where the waterfall in the house is. It really made me mad when I got all the way up and a creeper came down from the surface and blew me away....jerk creepers. It scattered all my items down the chasm. Lost all my armor, but at least I was able to find my iron ore to rebuild some of it.
The town also has a chasm by it. Has anyone started mining in there? It had a lot of supports, cobwebs, and tracks in it but no torches anywhere. It even had a mine car with a chest in it. I did not like the cave spiders in it though.

Raible
join:2008-01-23
Plainfield, IN

Raible to neonhomer

to neonhomer
I have never played this game. Sounds like a lot of people find it pretty addicting. Is it free to play?

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

It is not. The game costs a one time charge of $26.95 to get it. there are free alternatives out there but they are limited and don't interact with the official version. It is fun, and you can test it out with the trial version to see if it is somthing that interests you.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer to fnord76

Premium Member

to fnord76
I have an ish-ton of gravel in my hut. At least 5-6 stacks.

I'm building a farm underground, but going to put my animals outside.

Have to find out which direction the road comes from and I will have to meet it.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

I may have been at your place then. There was some fence that I could see from topside but I did not go down into the area. There were skeletons and I had no sword.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

My house has two doors and is well lit. My hut is literally in the side of a mountain.

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
Belen, NM

ironweasel to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
I think I've found everyone by this point....so I can start throwing down some roads rather than tunnels.

I tried tunneling over to the village where Ray, DBugg, and Hauntmom & Co. are at but I kept hitting different parts of the mineshaft or the nearby chasm...so I abandoned that idea and instead just made a strip mining pit in the water next to my house.
ironweasel

ironweasel to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
Found another village.

x: -904
y: 70
z: -185

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

What's up with the giant hole you have in your lake? It looks neat. I think I am about finished with my place. I think I am going to try to make another one like it somewhere higher and build a moat around it with a waterfall over a back side cliff that goes down to a lake. I'll put rooms in the other one with decorations. A room for the forge, A room for the Alchemy, one for the Enchanting, one for a bed, and maybe a dungeon where I can put some monsters that I have befriended. Not sure on that though. Maybe I can just tear down my existing one and build a big hill where I can do all of that. I will build a tunnel to proceed through to the village...hmm

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
Belen, NM

ironweasel

Premium Member

The big hole was a strip mine.

I needed a bunch of stone and stuff so I just dug a 8x8 hole in the water and topped it with glass.
ironweasel

2 edits

ironweasel to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
Jungle biome discovered....I think....unless someone else has already found it.

x: 730
y: 82
z: 514

Coords to the Taiga biome since I neglected to mention it last time:

x: 852
y: 74
z: -743

And yet another village:

x: 1011
y: 69
z: -727

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

So what's up with finding all the biomes? Do they have different materials in them like the wood or is it just being able to say you found them? I guess they do have different structures like the sand temple. Still have not seen that or the netherworld yet.

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
Belen, NM

ironweasel

Premium Member

Different materials mostly.

Taiga has snow and ice you can build with, different wood / trees. Jungle has the cocoa beans you make cookies with, different wood / trees, & vines.