Elder God
Premium Member
join:2002-05-14
Troy, IL

fnord76 to bolt

Premium Member

to bolt

Re: DSLR Minecraft server

I'll watch out then, so far I have been lower than anything that was devloped in your base. I did come across a cave, but I was at the top of it so it has a new cieling in it.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer to fnord76

Premium Member

to fnord76
If you need any stone brick or glass, there is plenty in my chests. If you need smoothstone to make stone brick, I have a chest and a half full.

Finish what you can, and I will finish the rest. I will probably be on later tonight to work more on it from my end heading out.

I wanted to try to keep it above ground as much as possible. The scenic route....

Deremus
join:2011-09-01
Chandler, AZ

Deremus to neonhomer

to neonhomer
Okay! I am underway on my castle project. I'm trying to make something nicely decorated with a number of exhibits inside. I have a few things in mind for the exhibits, but if anyone has suggestions, I'd love some extra inspiration.

Currently I plan to make:
1) A garden section, with leaves, grass, flowers and water
2) A red brick subway station, to connect to the rails already connecting to my swamp house
3) An art room full of as many paintings as I can manage, set on snow or some other white blocks (I'd love quartz, but doubt I can gather that much)
4) Lava display, using glass to create interesting flows of lava
5) A fancy bedroom

I'll be making functional rooms as well, like a furnished workshop, kitchen, storage rooms, library (enchantment), animal pens and stable.

Anyway... this is kind of a brain storm and to do list for myself. Building stuff is more fun for me when I get to share with others.

On a less related note, Raeynn (My wife) is always looking for help with a landscaping project she's got going... If anyone is looking for things to do, she pretty much wants to cut out a chunk of land in an extreme hills biome. Lots of digging to be had.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Set up a beacon with Haste. Makes digging or mining go pretty quick, especially with Effeicency V tools!

Noiche
Premium Member
join:2013-06-17
Apo, AP

Noiche to Deremus

Premium Member

to Deremus
Next time I'm online, I'll come dig some for threw your land to help out. I'm at a stand still on my castle right now. Not really motivated to continue it, as I can't decide how I want it to look.

Deremus
Chandler, AZ

Deremus to neonhomer

to neonhomer
@Neonhomer: I'm under the impression that setting up a beacon is not an easy thing to do. Doesn't it require killing a wither, or dragon something? I think my iron stores are a bit low for setting one up, anyway.

@Noiche: I'm sure Raeynn would appreciate the help. I'll see if I can help her get things clearly marked to facilitate the extra help. You can always ask her directly whenever she's online.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Beacon requires killing the wither. Fairly easy if done right.

Deremus
Chandler, AZ

Deremus

Oh okay. Do we already have something set up to summon the wither?

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
I've killed him in creative modded mode with insane gear....I GOT THIS!

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer to Deremus

Premium Member

to Deremus
You have to collect 3 wither skeleton skulls to make the thing that summons the wither.
neonhomer

neonhomer

Premium Member

FYI - Server updated to 1.7.9, and a backup has been made. Server is back up.

Deremus
Chandler, AZ

Deremus to fnord76

to fnord76
said by fnord76:

I kinda got over my fear of Cave Spiders and ran up to Kyle's place. He has huge underground tunnels everywhere, and his tower is GRAND.

I finally got a chance to see a little bit of Kyle's Tower.... just wow. I totally want to build one too now. Maybe we can eventually make a skyrail to connect the really tall structures.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

That would be cool, and difficult at the same time. I have to say I am sorry to Bolt, for digging under his structure, while I didn't run into anything, I found out I am an idiot and ran the line the wrong way since Neonhomer connected to my existing line down by Noiche's floating castle. I pulled the pillars and rail, but left the floor just in case it needs to be ran out that way in the future. I have the rest of the line almost connected in the right direction, and have the rail completed minus the redstone torches to power the rails. I can backfill the tunnel for you Bolt, if you need me too.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche to Deremus

Premium Member

to Deremus
I'm still touring around and seeing everyones inventions. I eventually plan to build my sky castle to the block limit O.o 256 I think?

I'm just following the rails for now. At someones underground place with farms and all. Very organized.
Noiche

Noiche to Deremus

Premium Member

to Deremus
Very nice castle and areas. Finally getting to tour threw most of the places, they all look pretty great. Motivating me to finish up my place.

I was able to pick/dig up a decent chunk of the area yall are clearing. If there's anything left, I'll finish it up after I get off of work. I'll be using everything I gather to continue construction on my place and begin to build it up to the clouds and beyond hopefully.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76 to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
The Green line is 99% complete. Ony need more fence and regular glass to complete it. I went out to Ironweasel's place today. Interenting to see different ideas to automate things. I was confused by the auto tree thing and the mob spawner in the sky. What do they exactly do?

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Thanks!

Shoulda checked the chests along the line. I had glass and blocks in there. I finished it up for you finishing it up for me!!

Now what am I going to work on? Probably doing the support posts for the rail line.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
Well, I took it upon myself to build a new mob spawner in DSLRville. It's completely safe for the moment, but I eventually want to replace the killing floor/walls with obsidian so on the odd chance that you get too close to a creeper and it explodes, it won't destroy the platform and let mobs out.

This is quite a fast spawner, so it should work amazing for experience farming as well as find loads of mob drops, since any mobs can spawn here. Enderman MAY get out, but those aren't a problem since they only attack if you stare at them.

Let me know what yall think of this as you get around to seeing it, and I'll work towards replacing the floor/walls with obsidian and adding a door to get drops from the floor.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

Wow, that was quick, nice job. Can't wait to see it. Hey Ironweasel, how does that obsidian generator work in your old underground base?

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

I did use the obsidian that was in the chest in DSLRville, but I'll farm some more to replace that.

Mob farmer is shut down for about....30 minutes for me to make some adjustments. Once I'm done, you'll be able to 1 hit all mobs (with fists) except witches and enderman. Spiders die on impact, which is fine with me since they can climb walls.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

It really spawn's everything? That is cool, how does it work? How fast does it spawn? The Blaze spawner does the one hit kill thing which is nice that you don't have to dull your blade on stuff. The obsidian was for building a portal, which I believe we have more than enough of.
Someone at the other end of the Nether line has been working on that unknown farm. So does the End Portal stay active once it is started? I want to go in and kill bunches of endermen to get enough materials to place ender chests on the posts of the rail line so all the carts can be placed in them. How do the mechanics on those work? Does everyones' chests link together or is it seperate per person? I saw someone with stacks of minecarts, how do you do that?

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

An enderchest is linked by the person opening it. So, if you go into my house, and open my enderchest, it will show you what is in YOUR enderchest. Likewise, if I go to your house, or any other enderchest, and open it, I can see what I have.

As for The End... the portal stays active. So you can come and go as you please. I was working on a tunnel underground so you can go from the entry point of the End to the portal back to the Overworld.

I want to build an "Ender-ender", but I have to figure it out first... Mad enderpearls and XP!

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

So putting in a whole bunch of carts wouldn't work unless each person puts in their own which could still work I guess.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Everyone would have to put their own carts in their own Enderchests. Then, they would only be able to see their own supply, not each others.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche to Deremus

Premium Member

to Deremus
Well, Raelyn's mountain has been offically cleared. I was bored almost all day, so I just kept picking away at it bit by bit, and it just all disappeared before long. Yay for diamond picks.

What's next?
Noiche

Noiche

Premium Member

Well I've finally built my own farm next to my castle. I'm basically working towards everything being in the sky on its own small island. Lot of work to go but I'm at least working on it again.

I've also put a few inventorys full of dirt into the holes in DSLRville. That massive hole looks almost untouched and will take many many more stacks of dirt to cover up. I have loads of cobble/stone stashed away for safe keeping, but will happily help out on rails if needed, or anything else. Just let me know.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

For the record, how does one get to DSLRVille? I don't remember the coords....

I have two chests of dirt that I need to dispose of... LOL

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

Take the Green Line from your place to the Red Line past Noiche's place.

Deremus
Chandler, AZ

Deremus to Noiche

to Noiche
Yeah, my wife (Raeynn) looked out her house window the other day and said "Holy cow!" when she noticed that mountain was cleared out. She's really happy about it for sure, so thanks Noiche, that was a TON of help to her. Now she's busy turning the flat space into a giant conventional farm.

As for me, I added a decorative observation tower that works nicely to see all the surrounding developments, so you can pretty much see the work of Toquer, Raeynn, and myself all at once. It's currently connected to my house basement, but should connect all the other developments eventually.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

No problem. I needed those resources gathered while clearing the land anyway for my sky constructions. My farm is coming along quickly. Next I'm going to make a platform for working, like blacksmiths and woodcutting areas and such. Its going to be under the farm and have a cobble generator among a few other ideas i have.

I'm slowly working on clearing out a gap outside Raelyns fence line. Right now the monsters can climb the hills and fall down inside the fence so we need to push those hills back 3-5 blocks and lower them some. Lightning the a little wouldn't hurt either if you went that route.

Neon if you don't find it, I'll repost the coords for spawn when I get home in about an hour. I'll get on for a bit too and continue my work.

I've still got to figure out how I'm going to bring my castle up and how I want it built. Open to ideas and suggestions for all.