Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer to Noiche

Premium Member

to Noiche

Re: DSLR Minecraft server

Hey, at least I didn't randomly swap floor tiles, or put some sheep in the basement...
neonhomer

neonhomer to Noiche

Premium Member

to Noiche
Looks like no one is home... time to turn the lights off...

Noiche
Premium Member
join:2013-06-17
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

Work has been just brutal. I haven't had time to do a whole lot of anything over the last few weeks. I'll get back to it eventually.

Deremus
join:2011-09-01
Chandler, AZ

Deremus to neonhomer

to neonhomer
I've been short on time for Minecraft lately myself, but I have put some more work in here and there.

I'm still working on getting a large zoomed out area map created... but it's pretty hard work trying to estimate where to start a map. I might have to just create tons of small maps to get things right. Once my map is done, it will actually cover all of DSLRville, in addition to the areas of Myself, Raeynn, Toquer, Nasteker, and RayTeam's mountaintop home.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
join:2002-05-14
Troy, IL

fnord76 to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
I got on this weekend, but I didn't actually do anything. I started making a tree farm in the spawn area, but didn't like it so I worked on taking it down. my stupid jungle trees grew tall so I am still working on it.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

Just logged in for a few minutes for the first time in weeks. Nice tree farm there buddy, haha. I'll have to do some work on my solo server to figure out the roof on my place and how much it's going to take ; / Trying to get back into this with some new found time while this stupid typhoon does it's work.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76 to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
I did some planning in my test environment and think I've figured out the lamps. Instead of a piston pushing up a redstone block to power the lamp. I think I will put a torch on the block below and cover it up with trap doors. That will use less materials too so I may be able to place more of them up.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

I took down my tower the other day, but left a little of the base, and started building a creeper statue. Problem is, I have to generate more wool, and then get it colored right. I have the frame made, but I need to fill it in...

I'm also starting to finish the rail line out to my remote base.. the one that is about 8000 blocks away from my current base... Using a lot of cobble, a lot of silk touched grass blocks, and gravel. I'll have to lay the rail lines later...

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

Grass Blocks?

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Take a silk touch tool and break a dirt block that has grass on it. You end up with a grass block, a dirt block that has grass on it.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

wow, that's cool. I did not know that. I usually shear the grass.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

No... not the tall grass.. Any dirt block that has a green top. That's a grass block.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

ah, so I guess you would use that in situations where the grass wouldn't normally grow, or maybe so you can get the block oriented in a different direction?

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

You would use it where grass normally won't grow, or if you're seeding an ungrown area.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

so are you putting them "Where the sun don't shine"?

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

LOL... Actually, yeah... In the Nether. Had it in my portal room in the Nether, and then I am using it to do my line out to my remote base. There are three bridges, and they are done in cobble, while the parts through netherrack are being laid with Grass Blocks and Gravel. I'm going to put a rail line there eventually.... it's a little over 1,000 blocks long...

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76 to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
I think I've corrected the night lights at the village and started to dig the train tunnel at the hall. Still don't know how far down I should drop it. maybe a couple of blocks above sea level just to make sure we don't get unwanted visitors. I also thought about just dropping it to where the cieling is right at the ground level so you can see the track but still walk/build over it.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

I like the idea of ground level, as long as you have a glass roof, so you can see it.

As for underwater, it depends if you're going *through* the water, or *underground* beneath water. Through is semi-easy... just pick a depth and go. Underground is recommended to go a few blocks below the surface, and make the ceiling something tough... like a layer of cobble over a layer of smoothstone.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

I REALLY like the idea of having a glass floor in part of the bottom floor of the hall and being able to look down and see the rail station. Definitely going to do that!

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76 to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
Sweet, looks like PE was updated to 0.9. I will be able to do testing anywhere now.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Server has been updated two 1.7.10

I'm waiting for the 1.8 drop, but I don't see it anytime soon...

GCoop
join:2004-12-08
Charlottesville, VA

GCoop to neonhomer

to neonhomer
Been Working on my underground lair after I found a Zombie spawner in a mineshaft. Made a little XP grinder out of it. Also been working on getting the rail line extension out that way as well. Its only a few hundred blocks I could not imagine gathering the resources to go thousands....

Let me know if I can donate any materials for the Train station or help in any way.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

Go trap neon with his shark in my fountain? That'd be mighty helpful

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

The "shark" should still be there... LOL

It wasn't easy getting him there...
neonhomer

neonhomer

Premium Member

I'm off on another tangent again... I am in the process of making another 1,000 block detour through the Nether to create another remote mining site. Bad thing is that part of the trail goes right through the end of a Nether fortress... It's just a dead end though, so no worries... but I thought about making an exit out of the tunnel so people can go into the fortress...

GCoop
Charlottesville, VA

GCoop

Sounds cool.

Makes the wall I built around the village close to spawntown and the Zombie villager I cured to start repopulation pale in comparison.

But that's is what makes MineCraft so appealing is that there is always something to do and your imagination is the limit.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Just the sound of crickets......

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

Jimminy!!!
Noiche

Noiche to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
I like your jungle in the spawn area. It looks so jungly O.o

GCoop
Charlottesville, VA

GCoop

Finally got the rail extension complete from SpawnTown all the way out to my under mountain base. Still need to enclose it in but al least I don't have to walk it anymore.

Will start building my wilderness log cabin compound in the valley behind the mountain at some point.