Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium Member
join:2008-10-22
Mesa, AZ

aelingil to ironweasel

Premium Member

to ironweasel

Re: DSLR Minecraft server

Wife & I just got back from Vacation. Hopefully once we have everything settled down we will be back on there.

..side note... you are on there a lot

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
join:2002-05-14
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

No kidding. He already has a portal by his house.

Red_Weasel
join:2008-05-04
Belen, NM

1 edit

Red_Weasel to ironweasel

to ironweasel
Sure thing....but you won't be getting any dinner or ANY....make sure you get you a square piece of ass in the game to cuddle with too....smoochies darling

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

I hear the slimes are good to cuddle with.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer to ironweasel

Premium Member

to ironweasel
I work during the day. Sometimes I end up busy doing other things. And sometimes I can get on.

Just added two more users....

I forgot that if you edit the whitelist manually, you have to restart the server for it to take effect. Whereas you add them in game, then it is instant... DOH!
neonhomer

neonhomer to Red_Weasel

Premium Member

to Red_Weasel
said by Red_Weasel:

Sure thing....but you won't be getting any dinner or ANY....make sure you get you a square piece of ass in the game to cuddle with too....smoochies darling

That's what the sheep are for!!

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
join:2000-09-13
Belen, NM

ironweasel to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
I work during the day as well, but even in the evenings or an night I rarely see anyone else on.

....and I have all the animals in my farm except sheep. Haven't found any close by.

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium Member
join:2008-10-22
Mesa, AZ

1 edit

aelingil

Premium Member

Kite them from our town. We have plenty... it may be a little of a walk.....

I saw a few on the way to the Jungle Biome.. they were not far away (100-150 blocks away?) head into the epic hillsides there towards the jungle and you should run into them.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Did someone still need gravel? I have a small chest full in my shack. Willing to deliver if wanted....

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76 to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
Has anyone found/built a stronghold? I wound up coming across a cave in my mine shaft that I explored out to a field and stumbled across one that had torches and signs showing me where everything was. If you were building it, I'm sorry a creeper blew up a room with me in it and I couldn't find it in the overworld :/

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
Belen, NM

ironweasel

Premium Member

Haven't found a stronghold yet.

Been busy building my little railway system. So far, I have a line from my main house to an "apartment" in a Taiga biome and I'm kinda half-assed working on a line to the Jungle biome in between.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76 to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
So I traveled the overworld from the stronghold and found another village in sight of the first village. I think I will put a road out there from the original village to the stronghold. Seems pretty big and has a big cave in it as well. not much else. I found a spider spawn that I killed. If someone needs mossy stone I can get it for you, just let me know.

XANAVirus
Premium Member
join:2012-03-03
Lavalette, WV

XANAVirus

Premium Member

This is fascinating stuff I'm reading here.
Please, keeping updating on things you find/do.

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
Belen, NM

ironweasel

Premium Member

said by XANAVirus:

XANAVirus
Premium Member
Lavalette, WV

XANAVirus

Premium Member

said by ironweasel:

said by XANAVirus:

(image)

Well, I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.
Maybe I'm a joke-killer, but just posting an image as a response without explaining it to me doesn't tell me what it means or why it's funny.

Not meant to be an angry response, but rather I'm confused why you just posted an image without any explanation of the image. How am I supposed to interpret that response (the image you just posted)?

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
Belen, NM

ironweasel

Premium Member

The image should be pretty self-explanatory.

I wasn't sure if you were being serious or if you were being sarcastic. Tone of voice and inflection don't carry across the internet very well.

XANAVirus
Premium Member
Lavalette, WV

XANAVirus

Premium Member

said by ironweasel:

The image should be pretty self-explanatory.

I wasn't sure if you were being serious or if you were being sarcastic. Tone of voice and inflection don't carry across the internet very well.

Right. Now I understand. And I agree with what you said about tone-of-voice and inflection.
Well, to answer your implied question, I was serious. I really am interested in this Minecraft game. I think I might want to get it for my birthday or something.

Everything that I am reading in this thread sounds so interesting, like finding structures or minerals or pathways.
I love open-ended sandbox games like this.

Red_Weasel
join:2008-05-04
Belen, NM

Red_Weasel

NO don't do it!!!! it's a trap!
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212 to XANAVirus

to XANAVirus
Do it, you will love it. I need to get on this server soon myself. And make sure you get texturepacks for better graphics.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

oooh, I just realized all my mods are missing since they updated to 1.5.2. must find updated mods......

WireHead
I drive to fast
Premium Member
join:2001-05-09
Muncie, IN

WireHead to me1212

Premium Member

to me1212
This one looks pretty good from what I've seen. I'm no expert either. I'm also not that keen on installing the mcpatcher launcher either.

»www.9minecraft.net/inter ··· re-pack/
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212

Just download and run mc patcher, thats what I do. Not hard at all. Nice TP by the way. Looks really high res.

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
Belen, NM

ironweasel to WireHead

Premium Member

to WireHead
Holy crap....that's a nice texture pack.

I've been using Misa's for quite a while, but I may give that one a try.

Kaltes
Premium Member
join:2002-12-04
Los Angeles, CA

Kaltes to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
Is this epic and perfect for a multiplayer server, or am I wrong?

Anyone looked at this?

CivCraft mod

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· DDBDRdL0

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer to fnord76

Premium Member

to fnord76
I run a modified version of the John Smith texture pack. (Modified by Monkeyfarm). I've tried other packs and like that one the best.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

I saw the john smith pack and thought it looked good, but could never find the actual pack. The sites I went to that supposedly had it just sent me through ad loops whenever I attempted to get the pack.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

I have the Monkeyfarm updated one for 1.5.2, and I have the JohnSmith original, updated by the MCF folks, updated to 1.5.2

My son likes using the Sphax Purebdcraft high res texture packs. I'm good with the lower res stuff.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76 to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
I hate dying!!! So I am almost finished with my big project of building a mountain after weeks of work. I have the last few layers to do and am making it stone for reinforcement with a layer of dirt on top for fields and animals. I was minding my own business and building up the edges so I can plan the waterway and set up the designated areas. and a spider spawend by me and attacked me to knock me off the mountain. I luckily survived the fall with 1 heart. The spider decided it didn't like that so it jumped off and attasked me to finish me off.

Alright, I last rested at my bed so I'll respawn and go get my stuff, no big deal. Open the door to my house and *Thwip* a skeleton is waiting for me and knocks me off into my lake. It took me forever to get to the skeleton and I was down to 3 health after defeating him. I'll go get my stuff and come back home really quick, it's just around the corner. The spider was still there but I was able to get to my stuff and started walking back home when it attacked me AGAIn and knocked me off into a lava pit. All my equip, 20 stacks of stone, and my 32 levels of EXP went up in flames.

To add insult to injury. I left the gate open when I fought the skeleton, so when I spawned... FSSSS BOOM before even one step. So, my furnace, 2 large chests of stuff, my bed and the floor that is on top of my lake gets dropped to the bottom of the lake.

I luckily was able to grab most of that stuff and repaired that mess, but I still have to rebuild all my stone and equipment. I think I will have to make a half dozen furnaces to get it done faster.

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
Belen, NM

ironweasel

Premium Member

There's a reason I have 8 furnaces in my main house.

On a side note.....I've been having monsters spawn INSIDE my house and storage building lately. Creepers, skeletons, zombies, and I even snagged an Enderman once. Don't think it's because of the light level....I have torches and glowstone / jack o' lanterns all over the place. I have had the same thing happen to me.....several times actually. Worst one was opening the iron door to my place and having a creeper meet me on the other side.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

I couldn't believe that I got ganked by the PC at my bed. Damn spawn camper.